Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Did anyone else notice an improvement in SMB read speeds when streaming over a NAS? I had a few movies buffering and freezing before on the previous firmware and after upgrading to this new firmware, it plays it smoothly. I didn't change anything else so far.

2. Mahesh Harischandra

Mahesh Harischandra New Member

I did further checks on
    I did further checks on those files. The audio tracks with AAC 5.1 48KHz would not work. In fact, the centre channel gives a very faint audio which cannot be heard. The music channel works at normal volume. The volume could not be increased in the player or receiver. The same files can be played when the output is set to 2 Channel LPCM. @Markswift2003 please give your expert opinion. There are some video files encoded with AAC 2.0 48KHx and they play quite OK.
    It's annoying to have this bug as most of my video files are such files. Without a proper way to play them this Console is redundant. Such a pity as I really like the picture quality and the functionality of the media centre with poster wall. I have a Minix neo-u22-xj max flashed with SlimboxTv firmware that works with no issues with the same setup. But its colour rendition is horrible.
    I tried the MX Player Pro from the Google Play Store. It does not read any of my HDD files except for a few downloaded YouTube videos. I do not think this player is designed for such external player support at all.

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i just checked a few of my tv series and found Leopald skin epis are AAC 5.1 48khz ,and all channels are playing fine for me as well as DA DTS X E Aac and 2 ch

maybe crop one or two of the vids down to say a couple min sections ,making sure those also fail audio centre for you ,then post them here using mega

then we can d/l and test them for you

If theyre MKV files MKVToolnix is a great free app for working with mkvs
    If theyre Mp4s ,well must be an app out there ...i always convert those straight to mkv ,since theyre only file type i ever see these days that might have playback issues

4. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Yeah, I said that in the post above. Has to be set to raw for it to work

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes you did. Just confirming it's a common problem and not just yours.

6. status42

status42 New Member

Yeh changing to Raw from auto fixes Dts master audio problem but hopefully only a short term fix

7. Mahesh Harischandra

Mahesh Harischandra New Member

Thank you for your insights. I have already converted audio tracks to AC3 5.1 with XMedia Recode and merged them with MKVToolnix. Those files work fine and are a life saver.

8. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

I can't seem to turn off subtitles? I turned them off in settings , but they keep showing them regardless?

edit never mind. Default language subs settings fixed it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is a really odd one and other than a possible hardware fault, it has me a bit stumped.

As far as any display goes, outputting VS10 SDR is the same as any other SDR - it's just a video signal in Rec.709 following a BT.1886 gamma curve.

The only time I've seen anything like you have there was trying to use a passive HDMI splitter two 30M HDMI cables back in the day and I was just asking too much of it at the time. But that was nearly 20 years ago and much has moved on since then.

It can also be caused by a cable fault if one of the TDMS channels goes down, but obviously not the case here because Auto works - however, that does possibly bare out a possible hardware fault in the box when VS10 is called.

It almost looks like a TV Led DV signal being output to a non DV devices, but I can't see that being the case as that would require a hefty firmware issue that everyone would experience.

So when you have the purple display, if you press the "Info" button, what does it tell you in top right?

10. Markswift2003

I get it, I really do, and to be fair I'd be angry AF as well, but I just can't replicate the problem.

I downloaded that clip again to just make sure and it plays fine all the way through, both on an HDR10 and an HDR10+ display.

I've always maintained that hardware faults with this kit are very rare, but I'm seeing a lot of spurious problems here with these boxes that I can't replicate and that has to tell a story.

I'm certainly not ready to call hardware issue on all, if any of these, but my spidey senses are tingling...

And as I always bang on, if we can't replicate it, we can't fix it, but even I'm struggling to communicate with the devs at the moment which doesn't help.

Six66Mike and Pete B like this.
  11. Markswift2003

Unfortunately I don't use AAC and have very few test files so I can't really comment of compatibility.

No, this box is absolutely not designed for an external player.

12. Jazz Fiend

Jazz Fiend New Member

I have just discovered a new problem with the video wall in Home Theater 4. I have some iso files in a source that do not appear either in the video wall or in the unmatched videos. I attempted to rescan the source, but this did not fix the problem. This appears to be yet another bug in this version of the firmware.

13. xskip

xskip Active Member

if its not in unmatched it's named something else or is hidden within other title. sometimes i find like 4 titles in one title...

14. Trgomes

Trgomes New Member

Ziddo z9x Pro stopped working with external DAC via USB, there is simply no sound coming out. It started happening after update 1.0.60 today in 1.0.65 it still hasn't been fixed.

Could you please help to solve it?

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

looking like the EDID random change issue ,may be fixed in this release ....couple days with some movies and lotsa tv epis and not seen it yet

16. Jazz Fiend

Jazz Fiend New Member

I was aware of the issues you mentioned. I went through everything on the video wall and confirmed that the missing items were not hidden within another title. I had found some items on the video wall with other items withing the title that should not have been there. After I realized what was going on, I repeated the process by going through the entire video wall and not finding the missing items anywhere inside other titles on the video wall.

KristianR likes this.
  17. KristianR

KristianR New Member

How do I update from beta to stable release when whenever it releases?

18. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Is this a bit of a death knell for the RTD 1619DR models? PRO are the new and shiny, should we expect no further FW updates based on the culture described here?

Also side note: Is it possible to edit the original post for FW threads and track reported and confirmed bugs so people can easily read a summary of what the FW release potentially has in terms of issues? As these threads get longer and time passes on, it gets incredibly difficult to figure it out. I would assume these need to be tracked to test or report officially to devs, so having that visibility with updates when they become confirmed or link to fixes of reported issues would be a tremendous help.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  19. Markswift2003

Quite honestly I don't know. It would be crazy if it was because the likes of the Neo Alpha, still the flagship, was barely out of the starting gate before the 1619BPD models appeared.

I hope not.

I've asked several times but never receive an answer.

I've tried to think of a way to do this that doesn't take an inordinate amount of my time up maintaining it and would also be useful.

The problem is more to do with the anecdotal rather than empirical reports we see day in day out over these forums. Most problems, although arguably still an issue with the box, or more accurately, its incompatibility with certain scenarios, are down to individuals' setups and more often than not, their individual files.

As I keep saying, if we can't replicate the issue, we can't fix it, and the number of times I'm met with the attitude of "well, my files are perfect" or "my network is perfect" (I'm of course paraphrasing for effect) are staggering. And I often ask for sample files, and ok, sometimes we get them and can at least start the process of getting the devs interested in it, but more often we don't so all we see is a continuous stream of "my box crashes when I play a file" without a set of specific discrete steps to replicate it.

So I maintain and update a PDF of problems I can replicate and provide a set of steps for the devs to replicate and this gets sent out maybe twice a week or so depending how often we talk.

The list of fixes so far is actually quite impressive.

Six66Mike and WRBreland like this.
  20. nutzer

nutzer New Member

well the answer would be for zidoo to setup a proper issue tracker like on github (confirmed bugs, status, resolved, etc.) and interact. this way things don't get doubled and messed up in forum structure.. and this would show that they really care

and to respond to this: it's an SDR display, i experience all the trouble with.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023