Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Its hard to quantify mostly a feeling for me

Ie i was using the Z9X into a panasonic OLED ,so picture already looked great
    Checking between the 2 players on same content ,just seemed better

Kind of hard ,cause id also upgraded from a 55 G1000Z to a 65L1500Z oled 2 months earlier
    That made a definitly noticable improvement just cause its using same Pro level OLED screen thats on the newest models plus a level up in tv tech going to 4-5yr newer tech

they change z9x to pro wasnt that sort of upgrade for me ,but still seems better

2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you......so not sure, I wouldn't go PRO......we'll see later.;)

3. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

Is there hope that the dev will implement support for the subtitle engine with effects (similar to external srt) to internal srt subtitles?
    I have difficulties reading the subtitles on a very bright background. The borders seem not thick enough, but there's no option to customize the effects.

AlecT likes this.
  4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I only use it to get hold of a photo frame slideshow app (Footo) I bought.

5. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I have exactly the same problems, and also a Samsung TV. The black picture is only on profile 8 dolby vision files. And I found out that when you change the hdr settings of the player from auto to "Dolby Vision VS10 engine (output HDR)" the videos can be played without any issues.
    The player is now almost half a year old and still doesn't play many of my films. It really is time for that to change.
    I emailed Ziddo technical support with an sample of a Profile 8 Video. Because what is written here in the forum doesn't seem to interest them.
    Maybe you should also write them an email with exactly the same content as the post, and mention that you also have a Samsung TV. The fact that video files won't play should be a top priority when troubleshooting a media player

6. AlecT

AlecT New Member

That would be perfect. Hope Zidoo pay your post some attention.

7. Szw

Szw Member

Just yesterday I sent my comment to the zidoo service.

8. bluestar2010

bluestar2010 New Member

Hello everyone I am new here and have a problem:
    Sorry that my English is not good I use a translator.
    I have downloaded a film as MKV to my hard drive with the sound format DTS-HD Master Audio
    And played it with the Zidoo Z9X Pro.
    But it only plays DTS-5.1 Core.
    But the Zidoo video information says DTS-HD.
    Even my receiver (Yamaha) only shows DTS.
    I have set the Zidoo to Auto in the Audio - HDMI Audio settings.
    I then set it to RAW and was able to use DTS-HD MA.
    For whatever reason.
    I had updated the software to the new v1.0.60
    Previously the Zidoo had played this in DTS-HD
    Where I had set HDMI audio to Auto in the settings - Audio.
    Could it be that the new v1.0.60 has a BUG?
    Then I installed the beta v1.0.65, but same problem.
    The Zidoo only plays DTS-HD if the setting - Audio - HDMI Audio is set to RAW.
    If you set the setting - Audio - HDMI Audio to Auto, the Zidoo only plays DTS.

With v1.0.52, however, the Zidoo plays DTS-HD MA if the setting - Audio - HDMI Audio is set to Auto.

Can you help me?
    Many thanks in advance

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    nutzer likes this.
  9. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

I have this issue as well on DTS. My DTS-X files worked perfectly on 52, but now in 65 it only works on RAW it was fine in auto before? Atmos is fine, but DTS has problems on 65. This is a beta fw so expect issues.

nutzer likes this.
  10. nutzer

nutzer New Member

Six66Mike and Kurt7 like this.
  11. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Can some one check if the sacd multichannel plays with out stuttering? ( mine still stutter...although less then before??)

12. darky_zidoo

Casn you check TrueHD also?
    I had this with TrueHD and had to adjust my tv to raw instead of auto

13. geebolt

geebolt Member

Multichannel DSD is playing back in stereo and does have some stutter.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  14. geebolt

geebolt Member

TrueHD plays fine for me but I leave HDMI audio set to RAW.

15. darky_zidoo

16. supermood

supermood Active Member

I thought raw means bitstream here, and is exactly the same like auto with an newer avr like my denon x4800h with dts x / MA and true HD capabilities

17. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

v1.0.52 is what shipped with my z2000 pro and is still the most up to date version when I check for updates (without beta) or look at the online downloads. I know there was a v1.0.58 beta and now I see this one. I am just wondering, I have not seen any official non-beta firmware since July. Is this normal? Should we expect official non beta firmware update any time soon? I usually don't want to go to beta unless there is a specific burning reason to do so.

18. Jazz Fiend

Jazz Fiend New Member

I am a new Zidoo user switching from Zappiti. Some of my comments and questions below may be due to my inexperience with Zidoo, but I would like help solving these problems if they are not due to the buggy firmware.

As a preface to my post, I need to tell you that I have two Z2600s in my system. I have over 500 SACDs ripped as DSF files. I have approximately 1800 movies all ripped as iso files. I also have approximately 15tb of TV shows all ripped as iso files but am not currently working with those files. It is my understanding that HT4 will not work well with iso files for TV shows. I am using a Synology NAS to store all my media files.

As others have noted Multichannel DSF files do not play in multichannel and also do not play cleanly as stereo. It is my understanding that this a known issue and I am very desirous of a speedy resolution to this problem.

I downloaded the version of 1.0.65 that contains the play store. I have attempted to use two apps from the play store. The Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall works beautifully. I also attempted to use Tidal. No matter what I try it seems like Tidal is working perfectly until I exit the app. Every time I exit the app the app will not function again. The only way to re-access Tidal is the uninstall it and reinstall it. It then works perfectly until I exit again. I also wanted to install the Netflix app, but surprisingly Netflix does not come up in the play store as being available.

When I attempt to play a movie from the poster wall, I also have problems. When I press the normal play button nothing happens for in excess of two minutes when suddenly the video starts playing. Why the long delay? When I attempt to press the button labeled BD response is also slow, but it does show the player is working on something.

My video wall does not populate with posters except for a very few and very slowly. When you open a collection even when the collection is populated on the video wall the items in the collection show no posters. When you click on an item in the video wall with a populated poster the screen showing the detailed information on the video does not have a poster even though the video wall does. Is this another bug in the firmware or do I need to change some setting I have not yet found?

On the video wall all entries are listed as either blu-ray or UHD even though many of the iso files are DVD rips. Is this a setting somewhere I need to change or is this another bug in the software?

On the plus side, I do like the music player much better than the functionality Zappiti has. HT4 however is not even close to what Zappiti offered in functionality. I am still adjusting to Zidoo and have only been seriously attempting to use my Z2600s since the 1.0.65 version came out yesterday so there may be more issues I have not yet discovered.

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any advice on how I can resolve these issues or confirmation that the issue is a firmware issue.

19. darky_zidoo

Auto selects the best option by communication between the equipment you have..raw is forced bitstream I guess.

Simon Belmont likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes on both counts - I tend to advocate RAW so there is no room for error - I prefer to set things discretely so there's no ambiguity.

That said, I've had my test box on Auto for months with no issues.

supermood and geebolt like this.