Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's my favourite country in the world and is like a second home to me now :)

Netmask, enry184 and Oldpainless like this.
  2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Must agree - my go to place for holidays. Love the country! As for its political leader - well that's another thing!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Mai

Mai New Member

Thank you for the guide!
    I have an old 1080p projector , should I let Zidoo to do downscaling? If so I assume the below settings takes no effect as the device will only output 1080p, right? Thank you!
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 10BIT ***

4. Barsie

Barsie New Member

Hallo please help.
    Please help me with setting. 68 year old amateur.
    Can't see the forest for the trees anymore.

Zidoo z10 pro
    BenQ TH575 projector
    Audio optical.
    Movies downloaded Spotnet

5. blondvillain

blondvillain New Member

I have an Epson LS12000 and I'm planning to try the Vertex 2 LLDV trick described in the PDF attached to OP. Are the settings in there appropriate for this projector?

Max Luminance 1000
    Min Luminance 0.0001
    MaxCLL 1000
    MaxFALL 400

Or should I use different settings?

6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Can you find me a place with no gruesome politicians? :mad:

7. Markswift2003

That's a 1080p non HDR projector right?

So I'd go like this:

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Match Frame Rate Only

Display/HDR: Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For All Content)
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV422 12BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235
    Display/Resolution: 1080p @ 23Hz

Audio/HDMI Audio: Auto
    Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

8. Markswift2003

Assuming you're using the LLDV EDID included with the box or another 1000nit LLDV EDID, then yes, these are the settings to use.

9. Markswift2003

Mauritius is about the only place I've found.

Netmask, Visconti12 and B0RN like this.
  10. vddan

vddan Active Member

Having reset HT4, I lost my TRAKT settings, since I want to keep track of what I'm watching: which boxes should I check??
    Thanks in advance !

11. Ben602

Ben602 New Member

I only use the Zidoo for watching local content. Obviously you can't download Netflix and expect to get 4K with DRM restrictions but some apps do allow for 4k and apk can be used to upload to the Zidoo. My question is does the VS10 engine work for streaming content?

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

maybe you are looking in the wrong places!
    4K DV, HDR10, 10+ and HLG files all play fine on Zidoo, they just need downloading first, not directly from streaming apps or low quality sources :cool:

13. Ben602

Ben602 New Member

It appears to me you didn't understand a word a said. Nowhere did I say you couldn't play those files. I play all of those files locally. My specific questions if you are streaming via an app such as HBO Max or another does the VS engine work?

14. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

you actually said: "Obviously you can't download Netflix and expect to get 4K", so perhaps that was not what you meant............. (but it was the part of your post I erroneously replied to).
    Zidoo's are not streaming players, so unless an app is somehow specifically designed to use the VS10 hardware, it won't do so.

ZDMC is designed to use Zidoo hardware for local files but will switch to the Kodi software player for any Kodi apps installed.

15. Ben602

Ben602 New Member

Correct. I said that I was referencing an APK you cannot download any type of APK for Netflix that will give you 4K streaming. That's what I was talking about and I'm not talking anything about Kodi. And I'm well aware that they're not streaming players, but they are Android players which means that you can download streaming apps. My question which still hasn't been answered is if you download one of these apps like HBO Max or for instance Hulu which offers 4K and does work on Android, will it stream with the VS10 engine? I'll do it myself. I was just curious if anyone happened to know, I don't think you really understand what I'm asking

16. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

the answer is still no, because those apps can't advantage of the Zidoo hardware........

17. Ben602

Ben602 New Member

How do you know that? Are you saying that based off experience or what you think? The reason I'm saying that is because I have a dune player as well and when I set it to VS10 it does work on streaming apps that I have downloaded

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

Solved!

19. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Perhaps someone might help me with this issue.

I have a HDfury Vertex 2 connected between the Zidoo Z10 Pro with my JVC N7. I followed all instructions in the first post in this group and the image is great.

However, in some movies, the image became too bright clipping too much the image. I'm sure it might be solved by tweaking the nits levels in the Vertex. I've done several attempts, but no significant results in the clipping areas.

Any tips to improve this?

20. Markswift2003

Need a bit more info.

Is this with a custom EDID (for example, using LLDV)?

What HDR mode are you using on the Zidoo?

Are you using DTM on the N7 or a static gamma?

Are you using a custom gamma?

Can you post a mediaInfo report from one of the offending files.