Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. by96

by96 Member

These are the two settings I have been struggling with to stop the handshake issues. I seem to have fewer problems if I set the first one to only Match frame rate. Adding resolution to it seems to cause handshake problems. I don't understand why the resolution in the first setting should matter if I have the second one fixed to UHD as you suggested, but it does seem to create more problems. Thanks!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You'll always get an HDMI handshake when any combination of resolution and/or framerate and/or HDR mode changes which is the only reason I set the GUI to 4K23 since most of my content is that.

3. by96

by96 Member

The problem is, sometimes when it does the handshake, it never recovers. The screen goes blank and never comes back. I have to shut off the Zidoo.

4. Markswift2003

Do you get any sound?

5. by96

by96 Member

No. No sound either, which I do think is weird.

And my sound goes directly to the AVP, not through the Lumagen.

6. Markswift2003

Ok, so yeah, that's odd. Shame you haven't got an HDFury to see what the Zidoo is kicking out. Must be something about the HDMI sync that the LRP doesn't like.

I've talked to a few people with LRPs on the older 1619DR devices and as far as I know, no issues, but no-one on the new SOC.

Quick thought - are the offending videos full BD rips or MKV?

7. by96

by96 Member

Well, actually I do have an HDFury VRRoom after the Lumagen. I use it to split the video signal between my TV and PJ, as my Lumagen only has one video output. I could monitor the VRRoom next time it happens.

I am only using MKVs. So far, I have had the problem most often on one movie, but haven't played too many yet.

8. Markswift2003

Ok, the HDFury will be very useful - you can see what the Zidoo is spitting out, if anything, when this happens.

But when this sort of thing happens only on particular files you have to draw the obvious conclusion.

by96 likes this.
  9. by96

by96 Member

I had the problem again today. The Zidoo stopped responding and the screen went black when I started a movie, a different movie than the one I was having trouble with before. I checked, and the Lumagen OSD (which passes through the VRRoom) did appear on the screen and showed no video input of any kind. And there was no audio. So the Lumagen and VRRoom were still passing through video, but the Zidoo was not sending any video or audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

10. GeoZi

GeoZi New Member

Had a problem with my Z10Pro after switching from Sammy to FireTV(TCL), NO SIGNAL FAUND after LOGO shoving up. finally fixed it by following Markswift2003 recommended settings, thanks for it.
    The only problem is now i got 2-3 sec hold ups before start of movies and file play feels little choppy i guess.
    Any idea?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  11. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

The likely issue is the Tv/projector and Zidoo are having to resync to either the correct resolution and/or frame rate. This is normal behavior. If we ever get a HDMI 2.1 feature set on an android box and all component support that to we will get quick switching. Until then, there is an option in Zidoo to pause the content until a certain number of seconds, that way it gives everything time to resync and stops the stuttering of the movie or basically it playing prior to the resync. I think I have mine set to 3 seconds. I believe that is what you are experiencing. Good luck.

just to confirm, how long does it feel choppy? What are you playing? How are you playing them? NAS or local drive? A few seconds of chop is likely repeated to the resync. Longer or full movie choppiness is something else.

12. GeoZi

GeoZi New Member

Thanks for mentioning about delay, will try how it'll work out. (checked and didn't fixed delay, i don't know what else). Play files from an External HDD, was using internal but because airflow for this unit is so poor all HDD're overheating and sound like jet engine(LOL), so now i'm using External way with seprately cooling fan on it.
    Everything was just perfect until my Sammy TV died, file play was just PHENOMENAL, no problem whatsoever, no delays and no flickering, always 3840X2160 60HZ and DV on all.
    Upgraded to FireTV and all problems started, 2 days it was all black- no signal, then i followed rec. settings and used 23hz but TV is like nuts, every day i have to set it again, frame rates it changes whathever it likes. It refuses DV for all version and have to use AUTO. When i saw FireTV with DV function i thought will have better picture quality then older Sammy but nothing special, picture quality is fine but cheap Sammy got realy nice picture, imagine picture quality if it was QLED version.
    What i got from chopy playback if framerate is 60 HZ playback is fine but sometimes playbak is set to 30hz(by itself) and then i got chopy one.
    Unless there is some more function in settings.
    Thanks for reply.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  13. lufc001

lufc001 New Member

I've got an Epson 9400/6050UB and it supports DeepColor. Should i be enabling this on my Zidoo?

14. Markswift2003

Makes no difference.

That setting just forces certain HDMI2 modes even if the EDID doesn't allow them. Yours does.

(Some displays will support them even if not advertised in the EDID)

15. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    I have checked both tv led and player both.
    I think zidoo should give option for color temperature cooler , cool, natural, warm, warmer in HDR and Dolby vision movies.

16. Markswift2003

Definitely not - any such adjustments are display side only, not source (and Dolby Vision specs do not allow it anyway).

17. Kris168

Kris168 New Member

Got a question regarding the framerate settings. If I set the resolution to 3840x2160 23hz for general movie viewing do I also need to have match frame rate on? How I have it set up currently is just 3840x2160 23hz without resolution or frame rate settings being on which reduces hand shakes and audio delay when a movie starts.

18. Markswift2003

Yes, because if you happen to watch something at 24fps for example, you want it to match frame rate.

19. KJC

KJC Member

Hello friend,
    New to this forum.
    Recently got Z9X PRO. Not really happy with PQ. Anyone wanna guide me with the best setting. I play 1080p content the most so want better upscaling. 4K Dolby vision and HDR rarely.
    Please guide me.

20. xskip

xskip Active Member

Literally 1st post. :)