Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I would be willing to pay a 99¢ monthly subscription fees for Zidoo software IF it meant we could have 3-4 firmware updates per year fixing issues and adding new features for devices up to 7 years old.

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Please Simply NO !!

I think there enough Manufactures all over the World charging people monthly Fees for products that will not work or fully until a monthly subscription
    For it to work .

An Example the Peleton bike that you cannot use until you subscribe as such Monthly Fee
    H.P. Printers that the inks wont print until you subscribe and join there monthly delivery of ink & when you unscribe the inks dont work.

Now Zapitti monthly app for there players to work …….
    Which you all-ready paid for in full when you purchased it now & guess what that monthly fee will go up to.
    So in as such your Renting the product so to speak .

i could list another hundred products

Zidoo do release firmware frequently just of late other products are getting more attention then the X Models
    But it will come

or jump ship do a Zap ! ;)

dr4go, vddan, Z5000 and 4 others like this.
  3. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Hi!
    In the meantime, we're laughing, but my Zappiti Pro was much more stable than this Zidoo UHD5000, and all my UHD MKV REMUX were played back without any problems (image slowdown, random playback bugs, launch of the film, image black but sound OK, impossible to switch off, etc, etc, etc...)

In my case, and with a lot of work at the moment, I'm going to wait a little longer because I like the machine itself, and its fluidity, but if there aren't any fixes in a while, there'll be a UHD5000 to buy at a good price here...

So disappointing :(

Yes, it's true ! The Zappiti Pro was slow, but at the same time I spent €1,200 to watch a movie in good and bug-free conditions, not to get excited about an ultra-fast menu, even if it is pleasant.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  4. Z5000

Z5000 New Member

are you zidoo emplye?????

how abot just having a 1000euro box that work?????????

today i get refund for the joke was uhd5000 from paypal because seller was a joke just like zidoo and a liar

i will never trust chinese part timers again

i expect lots of returns to zidoo happenen and lots of zidoo new 2023 boxes to show on ebay as customers realize mistake made

so long friends

leviathan likes this.
  5. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

The subscription fee is to keep adding new features, so the hardware doesn't get obsolete for 7 years. I don't want to shell out $250-$1000 every 2-3 years.
    $12 X 7 = $84.

sandyj likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Bye.

DELUCAS, dr4go, xskip and 2 others like this.
  7. sandyj

sandyj Member

I don't get this severity of issues making the box unusable mine plays for hours on end without issues minor things just don't bother me as long as the playback works.
    Many of the alternatives mentioned have there own set of issues just read their forums with often the same attitudes of sending it back like people in the forum really care they need to realize there is no such thing as a perfect device. I get some don't want to apply work a rounds to fix some of the issues but its clearly documented here and not generally difficult to do. Nearly all devices have there strong points and they all need time to mature which is usually at least a year to 18 months.
    Can we get back to being positive and listing issues and possible fixes as negativity gets us no wear and in the end no one wants to help and build a better product in this type of environment.

blenky and by96 like this.
  8. sandyj

sandyj Member

I have no problem with this as long as its not tied into an unusable product if you don't pay the sub.

tc2007 likes this.
  9. techos

techos Member

One more annoying thing with mine, randomly I switch the source back to HDMI 4 which the Zidoo is on (TV is an LG OLED65G1) and it's a black screen. Have to turn off the box with the remote, then turn it back on.

Anyone else have this issue?

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I had that issue with Zidoo (and my Apple TV). I bought two of these for both boxes and sorted the problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-3211.../B07FMT5RNS/ref=psdc_1338420031_t1_B07YMTMMH5

11. techos

techos Member

:eek:

Not paying £40 odd quid to fix another issue on this box.

Appreciate the option tho mate.

What issues did you have with your AppleTV that this EDID adaptor fixed? I've not faced any issues with the ATV signal, other than it has now started getting v hot since they slimmed it down! Causes plex to start stuttering, need to turn the box on its side to resolve. Not ideal haha!

@Markswift2003 Is this a known issue which can/will be fixed?

12. Markswift2003

13. Markswift2003

Not a known issue no, but from what @blenky said above, presumably a problem of EDID loss.

One way around this I always advocate is saving your display(/amp) EDID onto the Zidoo as a custom EDID then it's always available regardless of the state of the HDMI port.

Essentially that does the same as the Lindy EDID emulator but (typically) there is a known bug at the moment on the BPD boxes where HDR mode (other than Auto) doesn't persist through a reboot if a custom EDID is used. If you use HDR>Auto then this bug does not affect you since it returns the HDR state to Auto.

techos likes this.
  14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Sorry that link is to an expensive version. Link below to same thing but costs about £10!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI...d=1697880124&sprefix=lindy+hdmi,aps,83&sr=8-3

15. techos

techos Member

16. techos

techos Member

will give it a try mate.
    Do I just save the EDID somewhere using the menu option in Zidoo settings and then choose to load a custom and choose the recently saved one?

17. Markswift2003

Exactly.

Easiest is to save it in say Storage/Download but you can save to a network location or USB.

Then load it back in - turn on Custom EDID and "Upload EDID" choosing the saved one and making sure it's selected in the list.

techos likes this.
  18. techos

techos Member

thank you!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. techos

techos Member

quick update @Markswift2003 - I saved the EDID, then selected to use a custom EDID, selected the saved file then selected it from the list. It done a test and seemed ok. Now what is happening, when I play aa DV MKV, it triggers DV which it used to (but I am sure it says DV10 now and it never used to?) and I get a black screen. Have to restart the box, then it seems to play properly (and just shows Dolby Vision popup and plays the video fine). Maybe it was just cos I never restarted the box after applying the custom EDID? Will monitor and report back.

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The second one I linked is the version i have connected to my Zidoo and then connected the HDMI cable into that. As said it blocks CEC. With my Zidoo even though CEC was turned off, my TV would randomly switch to the Zidoo HDMI port on my AV amp. Same with the ATV.

geebolt likes this.