Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. USA

USA Member

...from former Zappiti employees I think.

...and looks like Magnetar is connected to them. When you download the Press Kit you end up on Magnetar's Google Drive...

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Same people behind Zapitti are still on board with the new R.volution
    Just a rebrand marketing move & to get some original Zap owners to move & jump ship
    If they sell or move on there existing players if they get cold fingers or dont want to pay monthly Fees per month etc .

Zidoo have other New player out hence are getting priority as such then the Pro series .

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very simple, they didn't expect Eversolo to be as successful as it has been so a lot of resource has been funneled that way. This is being addressed.

Onwrathz, sandyj and dr4go like this.
  4. USA

USA Member

After all, all my Zappitis have always run stably, unlike my Zidoo UHD5000. This is the worst device that I have bought in my 'long' life.

...and if something runs stable, small problems can be solved with workarounds, it doesn't need constant firmware updates. Many firmware updates do not speak for, but against a manufacturer. This is called iterative development. That's OK, but it should be done in the lab and not at the customer's site.

Surely it makes zero sense to buy products from a company that no longer exists.

Rebranding with a new company, why not. That's business life. I will buy the player and see how good it is instead of serving speculation all the time.

5. by96

by96 Member

Thank you! That was very helpful. As long as the network card can receive a WOL command when the player is "off," I can setup a WOL in Control4 to turn it on. I did some workaround programming to turn it off with Control4, but need to use WOL for powering on.

I am not sure if there is a Control4 serial driver. I know some use IR. I really like IP, especially given that it provides the entire video library in the C4 remote and app.

Thanks again!!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. by96

by96 Member

I have done this with other devices I cannot control directly with Control4. However, I have been told that if you get a driver that can send WOL commands (like the one I linked to below), you can program C4 to send a WOL as part of starting the system. There is supposedly a free driver that does WOL out there, but Chowmain's stuff is usually excellent and worth the money.

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/...generic-tcp-command-control4-driver-chowmain/

7. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

And if Eversolo hadn't been so successful, would programmers have less work?
    A mockery of users and a hopelessly nonsensical excuse

Venmaster, USA and Z5000 like this.
  8. Z5000

Z5000 New Member

friends it is simple zidoo has no trust

bad bedrijf

Venmaster and USA like this.
  9. Markswift2003

I've been a Crestron programmer for decades but I have zero experience with Control4 - I assume you can write your own drivers (Modules in Crestron speak) for it? (for Crestron there are visual languages and procedural languages you can use)

In which case, the IP protocol allows for a powerOff command, so sending an HTTP GET command is all that's needed, and as I say, WOL wakes it up.

Attached Files:

by96 likes this.
  10. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Starting the process for communicating for an RMA now.

Enough is enough...

Best of luck to those 'legit' members who are still waiting for fixes.

Z5000 likes this.
  11. by96

by96 Member

Thanks! I know nothing about writing drivers, but I did just get a driver that can send WOL, as well as HTTP GET, commands. I just tried it with the WOL, and it works perfectly.

For turning the player off, I had figured out a workaround. I setup the Zidoo to display the power off option by pressing the "red" button. Then in Control4, I programmed the system to trigger the "red" button, followed by a one second delay, followed by "enter," whenever I needed a command to power off the Zidoo. It works really well, but I am going to try the HTTP GET command instead.

Thanks again!

12. Markswift2003

Always more than one way to skin a cat...

You can test the HTTP commands from a web browser, for example:

http://IP_ADDRESS:9529/ZidooControlCenter/RemoteControl/sendkey?key=Key.PowerOn.Poweroff

you'll get a response of:

{"status":200}

13. USA

USA Member

I can understand you very well.

When you're gone, I'm sure an update will come out a day later. ;)

What media player do you use after that?

Venmaster likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Zappiti :D:D

dr4go and xskip like this.
  15. by96

by96 Member

That totally worked! I was looking at just getting a free WOL driver, but so glad I paid for a more complete driver that will do HTTP GET. While the "red" button approach worked, this is cleaner, and I really like the long list of other HTTP GET commands for the Zidoo. Thank you so much!!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. USA

USA Member

You are not up to date - Zappiti is now called R_evolution. :rolleyes:

Btw: A R_evolution dealer wrote me the following:
    The R_Video app is coming in November. It should then also run on Zappiti players (possibly other Android-based players as well) and thus give them or their movie collections an extended life.

That's interesting: at most also other Android-based players

Would be cool if you could put this on Zidoo, then it would finally be stable. :D:D

Good thing I don't have to rely on the unstable Zidoo. Now have a solution with myMovies as 'posterwall' and Magnetar UDP900.
    The nice thing is, it's WORLDS APART in picture quality and audio. Zidoo really can't keep up. :cool:

magnetar udp900 front.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    Venmaster likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

You of course know then that R-volution (not R-evolution) is simply Zappiti restructured under Groupe Archisoft and that R-Video is just Zappiti Video reskinned?

Not knocking them at all - it is what it is, but it most certainly is not new and this is a classic phoenix move. Only difference with most is that I believe this was a compulsory liquidation rather than voluntary so they've been clever in restructuring under those circumstances and a lot of planning went into it.

It's something I'm extremely familiar with, having done it myself to great effect with a company somewhat larger than Zappiti.

The Magnetar (and Reavon) use the old Mediatek 8581 which was one of the first SOCs to use VS10 (Mediatek and Realtek were the first adopters in 2015) and while no slouch, it was released nearly 8 years ago and performance wise, it wasn't even that great when it was released (sacrilegious, I know!!). In media player terms maybe on a par with the old Realtek 1296 although they actually performed better than the 8581 in some respects.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens next - just when you thought this market was stagnating a bit...

cbnbmore and xskip like this.
  18. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I'm upgrading my NAS to the QNAP TS-664-8G which comes with 'Full HMDI 2.1 Support'.

And as explained on here since my Zidoo saga* began, :) - I never purchased the Zidoo for 'Dolby Vision' playback as I own a 'TV OLED' that supports 'Dolby Vision' without issues.

I bought the Zidoo for 4K library management and 'DTS-HD-MA/X audio pass-through' which I will both get from the TS-664 and its HDMI 2.1 port without issue in conjunction with my new AV Receiver the 'Arcam AVR11'...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    Z5000 and USA like this.
  19. USA

USA Member

I know about Zappiti / R_evolution. Had written it a few posts ahead.

The GUI seems but structured differently, as with Zappiti. Am curious if you can install the SW on the last Zappiti line. Or if, as they write, the GUI performance is massively faster. I have my doubts about that and can't believe it until I see it.
    But what is for sure: Zappiti was much more stable than Zidoo. Whether R_evolution is equally stable as Zappiti, I'll have to see first too.

Even though Magnetar has an old chipset it is amazing what picture quality it has. I hadn't seen movies like this before. Compared with other playback sources, the difference was sometimes very large.

Venmaster likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

R_volution, not R-evolution ;)

Don't really want to get into a deep discussion of the operation here - AVS would be better for that (although it is a mass of disinformation and rhetoric at the moment!) but yes, it will work on the old boxes. Performance will be interesting to see...

I have Zappiti players and Dune players here and there's a very good reason (many in fact) I chose to stick with Zidoo and why only Zidoo is in my theatre.

Yes, Zappiti is/was stable, but it was slow as hell and has nothing like the flexibility in terms of HDR/EDID handling etc that Zidoo has. I also don't like being beholden to a cloud based service - and in the final analysis, for good reason it would seem!

dr4go, Onwrathz and cbnbmore like this.