New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

Pretty sure that it's the Eversolo player as I have no issues with the WiiM Pro or Bluesound Node 2i.

The WiiM Home app has a setting to that allows the user to add latency or silence to the beginning of a track whenever there is an upcoming track with a sample rate change. JRiver, Audirvana and Roon also have this feature.

Eversolo needs to implement a similar feature.
    Screenshot_2023-10-10-10-37-14-71_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The problem is in the DACs, and all the software revolving around has resorted out adding some silence at the same samplerate/bitdepth at the beginning of the tracks to allow the DAC fix itself.

There is a method that some (some) DACs expose: it issomething in the line of "next stream in queue", which basically tells the DAC what kind of stream will arrive next, to allow it "prepare" faster.
    I dare say that all DACs that suffer setup delay should implement this.

I use my Eversolo Z8 with a Raspberri Pi4 running moOde (MPD based) and I neither have the issue, nor some silence is automatically added... no magic involved, though.

There is something else you can do, though, and it is to resample (possibly UP-sample, for both not losing - perceived - quality and help the DAC...) to a fixed sample-rate / bitdepth, say 24/96, so there will never be a change in the streaming configuration from a DACs point of view.

3. timm

timm Member

Nice job delivering Amazon service.

Gil Fuhrer likes this.
  4. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi I wonder why all my saved favorites in internet radio is gone after installing the new firmware update is there a way to save them in the future ?

5. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed that too…

6. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

The same thing happened to me, I didn't have many stations (10-12) but they have all disappeared.

7. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

This doesn't happen to anyone:

When you play randomly on both Qobuz and Tidal, the playlist does not order it based on that mix, it leaves it as the original, so you don't know what song will play next.

Am I the only one "damaged"? :(

8. ArekD

ArekD New Member

I will like to see option to cast from Plexamp to Eversolo DMP-A6 Similar to Roon ready
    Eversolo please be Plex ready

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    N00brx and Stuj like this.
  9. kc001

kc001 Active Member

did you notice this?

Screenshot_20231013-224524.png

10. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Precisely, in the native Tidal or Qobuz app, when you make a mix, it orders the playlist based on that mix.

11. kc001

kc001 Active Member

That was shuffle play of an album that the screenshot shows. You can re-order the list manually with the button on the top. Is that helping?

this is Tidal playlist Audiophile 101:
    Screenshot_20231013-230450.png

Its in order (checked it on my phone's Tidal app)

12. Stuj

Stuj Member

Thanks for your hard work on this. Can we see Plexamp integrated into the EOS ? At the moment it is fixed at 192 upsample.

13. audio58

audio58 Active Member

The Amazon Ap is still not working properly. I just updated the firmware to the new one just released 1.2.10 and see Amazon is now under streaming folder. I had to logon again..no issue, but I can't tell which titles are in HD or ULTRA HD. The old Ap you could see that. When I pick one that is say 192, I can't hear it playing and I have my main output set at 96, as my external Dac will only do 96/24. The Ap should let anything go through and then the DMP -A6 down convert to 96. Qobuz works just fine. I was looking forward to maybe switching to Amazon. Also the scrolling on my music folder still will jump from say artist letter "G" and then quickly scroll down to say "P". I was hoping this firmware was fix this issue. This is in Android, You would think it would be fine since the DMP-A6 is Android based

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Looked at using a USB-Player:
    - The drive compatibility seems to be solved (since FW 1.2.05). This is good news for those planning to use it either for playing or ripping physical CD's.
    - Problems with Double CD's were reduced but not fully solved. If the second disc has more tracks it plays and titles are found. If the second disc has less tracks then it plays too but no metadata is found.
    - The problem with Enhanced CD's was not tackled yet. They still will get stuck fetching the metadata.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  15. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

See comments incorporated with previous message.

16. N00brx

N00brx Member

Agree, as Lumin has this kind of function on their lineup which mean it is doable.

17. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hello, is the internet radio favorites list displayed normally on the DMP-A6 front display screen?
    thanks.

18. jonnn

jonnn New Member

For "Optimized the file manager list display album cover function" - should the artwork show on both the app (Android) and the display on the unit?

Its only showing on the unit itself.....

19. CJW

CJW New Member

Nice update but I am not sure what the point of Theme 3 is. Can we get a theme with larger text for tradition stere users?

lemongrass likes this.
  20. Camo

Camo New Member

Cheers for the spektrum analysers, lovin em. Any chance you could add a change to the native music app? I would like to be able to see artists and albums when i look in the Genre tab instead of a big tracklist. For example if i go to genres..drum and bass, veiewing artist and albums would be better than just seeing one massive tracklist.

lemongrass and Dusty like this.