KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

I'll give Limited a check. Will that affect my tone mapping image though?

2. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

It shouldn't if everything (Zidoo/Projector/Display) is set to Low/Limited.

LenniePaz likes this.
  3. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

I tried both on Limited and it's still washed out. When I force the Epson to HDR10, the picture looks right. ‍♂️

4. Oldpainless

Ok, sorry I couldn't be more helpful, and glad it's getting better your end.

@Markswift2003 knows the SOC pretty much better than anyone else here, so he might be able to help further re your chain/setup.

LenniePaz likes this.
  5. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

What I know about Kodi external player is you can set rules base on filetypes & filename. Maybe you should add some keyword on your TV shows. Then use that keyword to make a filename rule?

6. Oldpainless

Yeah, I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.

7. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I think the easiest way to do that is to set kodi player as your default player and remove all the rules in your playercorefactory.xml. Then using keymap editor, assign a key shortcut in your remote to open external players selection window. When watching movies, just press that button then select ZidooPlayer.

PS: PLEASE ZIDOO. ALLOW US TO USE ZIDOO PLAYER AS EXTERNAL PLAYER WHEN STREAMING VIDEOS IN ZDMC!

dr4go and Oldpainless like this.
  8. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I just want to ask, Which one are you using in "Passthrough Output Device"? And why?

9. Oldpainless

Use Kodi Ice, as the standard android Ice on this box does not passthrough DTS HD/MA/X (it will only use the core DTS), and will also sound flat with other formats in comparison to the Kodi Ice.

In theory, bitstreaming sould sound the same, but it doesn't.

For anyone else interested in this, I discussed this with one of the main Kodi Devs: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=374331&pid=3165204#pid3165204

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    azon1951 and dr4go like this.
  10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  11. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

The links do not work

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Click on last link - then pre release .

13. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Thank you!

14. Wacko37

Wacko37 New Member

Hi zidoo community,

I know this is the wrong product thread but this thread seems to be the most appropriate for my questions/request for advice.

So I just bought my 1st zidoo device Z9x pro, Wow what a picture on my LG G3 when playing DV content, overall very happy with the product.

My main problem is integrating Kodi, which has been painful to say the least but I knew this was going to be a challenge before I bought the product.

I use Jellyfin on my Unraid server to do all the heavy lifting regarding library etc.
    My hope was to use the zidoo as the main player via a Kodi interface.

But the realisation that nothing is marked as "watched" automatically, nor is it possible to utilise the add-ons like "play up next" "unpause jumpback" due to using the zidoo's internal player is making me regret my purchase.

Can I ask some friendly advise as to how I could make this possible.

I need a player that can playback everything without hassle which the zidoo does flawlessly but I really want Kodi the be the interface.

I'm happy to purchase another device if I must, but from what I researched Zidoo was the only option that ticked nearly every box.

Thanks in advance for any replies, really appreciated.

15. Oldpainless

At this time, the above is not possible with ZDMC using the Zidoo player, but you can manually mark an item as watched (as i do). As in life, it's always a trade off...for what it's worth, most of us can live with those 3 limitations for the upside of using the Kodi frontend/interface and the Zidoo backend for playback.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    Phil181 likes this.
  16. Wacko37

Wacko37 New Member

@Oldpainless - thanks for the reply and your time.

I have seen you very active within the forum, so thanks for all that you do!

Are you saying Zidoo is as good as it's gets regarding playback versatility along with Kodi front/end? Meaning have you any experience outside of zidoo that could give an equal experience regarding playback but with full Kodi support?

17. Oldpainless

You are welcome.

I can't speak for the likes of other boxes ( Sheild etc etc). I came from a htpc backfround and used the DSplayer fork of Kodi that uses MadVR for video playback/rendering, and all I can say is I have never looked back (os issues, driver problems, hdr/dolby vision, dropped/repeat frames,...I could go on.... and the picture quality on the Zidoo, for me, is equal to if not better in some instances).

From my experience, the zidoo boxes are not suited to a heavy Kodi/ZDMC skin, so I would recommend a light weight skin to keep the ZDMC experience as fluid as possible.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
  18. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Have you tried Raspberry Pi before? I'm tempting to get Pi 5 as soon as LibreELEC have stable version...

19. Oldpainless

No idea, sorry.

20. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

It's okay. Thanks

Oldpainless likes this.