PlexToZidoo : An external player for plex using native Zidoo player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

Will there be an update to better work with a Z9X Pro? I will get Cannot play file errors about 50% of the time with Unable to open Zidoo player after that error. Thanks.

2. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

I have that all the time. What I've uncovered is that SMB shares don't reconnect on reboot the majority of the time. I have to open the media browser, navigate to the share to force it to reconnect, then Plex will play the files.

This isn't a kodi/plex issue, but yet another bug in this garbage alpha firmware for the pro.

I've now started having the device just go to a black screen and completely hang altogether. Remote no longer responds and I have to hard reboot the device. I basically no longer use my zidoo and have gone back to my shield. The new pro is a paperweight in my opinion based on the horrendous current firmware.

Are you using SMB or NFS or local HD?

3. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

I am using smb to my unraid server. I don't see that issue with mine not having access to the smb on startup. Usually it will play the first few files then I start to get the errors. So this seems to be different than your issue.

fnhanks likes this.
  4. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

Music libraries have two views, list view and album cover view. They both work for me. Are you on the latest version of ZidooPlexMod?

5. bowlingbeeg

The "Cannot play file" errors are usually out of my control. Could it be that you have your substitution strings wrong? If so then the zidoo player won't ever find the media file that was passed to it. You can turn on the debug option in the PlexToZidoo app and make sure that the substitution string that's being passed to the player looks right. Or as fnhanks said there are outstanding SMB issues with the pro itself and that could be what's tripping you up. After it starts to fail if you go into the Media Center app, navigate to your SMB share, and then play those files through ZidooPlexMod does it work then? I know on my system it does tend to stop having access to the files until I go back into Media Center and then after that it works again for some time. PlexToZidoo passes the credentials(assuming you entered them) to the zidoo player but the player seems to ignore that for some reason.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  6. karmu

karmu Member

Hi,
    I'm on the latest versions.

A new test shows:
    It works with 'Artists', but not with 'Albums'.

Second issue is: in the list I can scroll over the top album, into empty entries.
    (in the Albums list)
    Screenshot_20230921-133723.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  7. bowlingbeeg

Ok, yeah, I see those errors. I'll take a look

8. chucky527c

chucky527c New Member

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but my search isn't showing anything.

After many months of using this successfully, I updated Plex on my Z9X (not pro) to the most recent full release v9.31.0.3817 released Sept 14 2023 (not beta). Since then, I have the following error showing up:

Error 1: android.os.badparcelableexception: Classnotfoundexception when unmarshalling

I have attached a picture of the error. The video still plays, but not direct play (behaves as of the substitutions aren't right)

Any help is appreciated

Attached Files:

9. bowlingbeeg

New version 0.1.10 is available. Here are the highlights:
    • Add 3 second offset to auto skip options
    • Change look of letter jump list
    • Go to first entry in library view when back button is clicked
    • Add second view type for episodes and albums
    https://github.com/bowlingbeeg/plex-for-kodi/releases/tag/ZidooPlexMod_v0.1.10

@karmu This update should fix the errors your were seeing, let me know if you're still having problems after you update. Technically there was only the list view type in the original code for albums and episodes, so I added new ones for the poster/album covers.

10. bowlingbeeg

Here is the new version of PlexToZidoo(version 2.3)

This should hopefully fix the error that @chucky527c reported. I was able to recreate after updating as well so I'm going to guess others will see it as well

https://github.com/bowlingbeeg/PlexToZidoo/releases/tag/v2.3

It is a very strange error since it's saying it can't find some private class that is in the Plex app itself. I'm wondering if Plex is bundling some private class object into the intent before sending it and when I try to read it my app doesn't know anything about that class data and throws an error. But in my recreate attempts I was able to work around the issue by just retrying the read of the intent data. Hopefully that keeps working but if not let me know.

11. Goodyear77

Goodyear77 New Member

Could you please share where you got the latest version for the Z9x (not pro), apkmirror.com only has Plex with architecture version ”armeabi-v7a” up until version 9.23, after that they only publish “Android 5.0+” versions?

12. bowlingbeeg

I downloaded it from the play store, but of course that assumes you have the "G" firmware on your Z9X

13. Goodyear77

Goodyear77 New Member

Aha, I do not run the g firmware, but perhaps I should make the change to keep up to date

14. karmu

karmu Member

The first two attempts let Kodi crash, but now it seems to work.
    Thanks!

15. karmu

karmu Member

The earlier versions are also for Androit 5+.
    The only difference to the new versions is that they now put the armeabi-v7a & arm64-v8a into one package.

I use these versions without any problem.
    Latest non-beta:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/plex-...movies-tv-9-31-0-3817-2-android-apk-download/

16. Goodyear77

Goodyear77 New Member

17. chucky527c

chucky527c New Member

I wanted to close the loop with @bowlingbeeg and say that update v2.3 works great for me now. Thank you!

bowlingbeeg likes this.
  18. bowlingbeeg

New version 0.2.0 has been uploaded.

Rebase the ZidooPlexMod branch off the upstream develop_kodi21 branch, version 0.5.5-rev2.

Most of the changes in the upstream branch were from changes I already made in this branch but it does include a few fixes for the new episodes/albums view types. If you would like to see what else went into the upstream branch you can check it out here:
    https://github.com/pannal/plex-for-kodi/commits/develop_kodi21

https://github.com/bowlingbeeg/plex-for-kodi/releases/tag/v0.2.0

gyrene2083, karmu and tps700 like this.
  19. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

Thanks for your hard work brother. Quick question, this getting installed in kodi as an add-on? I just want to make sure I'm installing it in the right place.

Thanks again.

20. bowlingbeeg

Yeah, just download the zip file from github and go to the kodi addon section where there is an "install from zip" option.

gyrene2083 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.