Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ya_boy_danny_rand

ya_boy_danny_rand New Member

I'm not sure what's going on with it. i've tried all kinds of different settings, but nothing on the server end or client end helps. it's definitely something with Jellyfin though because the issue isn't there when watching a movie through HT4 or through the media center.

2. ya_boy_danny_rand

ya_boy_danny_rand New Member

I just noticed there's a new client apk 0.15.12, up from 0.15.11. do i have to uninstall the old version first or will installing the new apk just update the old one? also, how much difference is there between Andy's old version and the official version?

3. I am not able to direct play any BD or UHD remux in either mkv or ts container. are there any settings I am missing?

4. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

The option to chose the external player does not include the Zidoo player after selecting external app. Not sure why unless it is not an option for Z9X Pro devices? Anyone else with a Pro model get the Zidoo player to work with Jellyfin?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep, works just fine with a couple of caveats (eg no chapters).

6. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I thought it was determined a while back that the Jellyfin client does not presently work with any of the new 1619BPD models.

IamSpectre likes this.
  7. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

I have even tried the Jellyfin V0.16.0 beta and it is not a no longer asking to pick a player. So maybe it is still not working with the Pro.

8. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

If that is true, how did you get the Zidoo player option in jellyfin setup?

9. Markswift2003

Nope, I've been using it for months...

Jellyfin Server v10.8.10, Client v0.15.11

upload_2023-9-21_9-1-1.png

IamSpectre likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

As discussed further up the thread, chapters and BDMenu don't work, or at least not on the versions I use, but I only use MKV and you can scrub the timeline using <> and use the number keys to jump to 10%, 20% etc.

11. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

I think i figured it out. I was also using PlextoZidoo app with ZDMC. Once i uninstalled them both, Jellyfin and Zidoo player worked so far without issue. Thanks for the help!

12. Markswift2003

Odd - that should have no bearing.

13. chadamir

chadamir New Member

Chapters work if you use the up and down arrows around the ok.

14. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

When the https intent is sent by the Plex client or the Jellyfin client it will pop up something asking where you want to send that intnet. If you select PlexToZidoo and say "always" then any https stream from any client will get routed to the PlexToZidoo app. But even with that set, I would have thought the PlexToZidoo app would have just passed it through to the zidoo player.

15. Markswift2003

This will bring up the chapter indicator but won't allow you to navigate them. Occasionally the first press might work but subsequent ones don't

Ok, that makes sense, but I don't recall the Jellyfin client doing that.

16. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

Because they both had external player apps as part of their app, they are listed as options for external apps in Jellyfin. Once they were no longer an option, the only other external player is Zidoo Player. If that makes sense?

17. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

I think that was exactly what was happening. Once the video started playing with Jellyfin and Zodoo player and you hit the back button twice to stop play, It would freeze up with black screen. The only way out of that was to use the Zidoo remote and the home key and reopen Jellyfin every time. Once I removed those apps with external players, Jellyfin worked as it should.

18. Markswift2003

You should be able to get them all to play nicely together by selecting "Gallery" "Always" as the player when the Intent is first sent.

19. IamSpectre

IamSpectre New Member

So you are saying that the Gallery player is the same as Zidoo Player? If that is true, I did not know that and that was an option at one point.

20. Markswift2003

Sort of - it selects the Zidoo player.

IamSpectre likes this.