Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

What is the best way to name my movies so zidoo understand it? I like to put the name plus year, like: The Matrix 1999

but sometimes it seems that zidoo got confused with the year, should I write it different?

2. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

With the non G firmware I can install apps but need to put them on a pendrive?

3. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

It is safe to install the G firmware? Why would they make two different firmwares?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You can but with Tidal its apk doesn't seem to work for some members, if you can find one

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
    Paulo Pedullo likes this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I name movies with the date in brackets. So for example -'The Matrix (1999).mkv'. Works fine.

Paulo Pedullo and thivame like this.
  6. thivame

thivame Active Member

7. KristianR

KristianR New Member

Update for z9x anytime soon????

8. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

9. Fricke

Fricke New Member

Can i get an Z9x in regards to that it have Andriod 9. How long will it function, securety, updates e.t.c?

10. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

You can buy ...
    But what's next with updates, support is not known if they will be

Zidoo is has other priorities
    I think he forgets about old users and equipment and focuses all the time on new ones

11. Fricke

Fricke New Member

Ok, i see. Android 9 is pretty old now regarding futurne support.
    I can get this device for 167 euro now.
    The price is good i think.

12. Fricke

Fricke New Member

Is this Z9X good even if it has been on the market for several years, and soon maybe get out of support.
    My idea is to only use it between TV/receiver and NAS over my network.
    Do you think it will survive longer then in regards to soon to be outdated Android 9?
    I can se that firmware is still produced still.

Any one that have an idea of this?

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I would avoid these boxes cause they are buggy as hell. People have issues with frequent crashes, features not working, and neglect to fix anything on Zidoo's part. not to mention you can't use any streaming services on these boxes at all. They are mainly only for people who have projectors and Dolby Vision TVs, especially the Z9X cause it does not have the high-end listening components the other models have.

leviathan likes this.
  14. Fricke

Fricke New Member

What about the pro modell?

15. Nicholas Hewitt

The only difference in the higher end models, is that they have a dac and for people listening to music. They still have the same problems. Cause they all use the same programs to watch videos and view your collection. If your not using it for a projector or dolby vision then honestly you're better off getting a shield.

16. JohnG

JohnG Member

This thread is supposed to be about a new Beta software release. Why all the blather about other topics? If you want to ask about features or differences between models, look for those dedicated threads, or start a new thread for your questions. I'm received multiple messages about new posts to this thread and none of them are about the topic of this thread!

darky_zidoo, dr4go and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.
  17. Nicholas Hewitt

If you don't like maybe you should unsubscribe to this thread dude. Someone asked a question. If you can't handle that then maybe you don't belong on a forum.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. dr4go

dr4go Member

@JohnG: Same opinion here - this has nothing to do in this thread. I also think he should have opened a new thread to ask the question.

@Nicholas Hewitt: What's wrong with you dude? If you are not happy with your Zidoo, just sell it and be done with it. Maybe that is the problem here.

@Fricke: You just get one answer from me here, because as John mentioned, this is offtopic - otherwise open a new thread... I've a different opinion than Nicholas here: The Z9X is not buggy as hell and I was happy without it before I sold it. I would recommend getting a Z9X if you intend to use it as a media player (with attached SATA drive) NOT for streaming. If you intend to stream, this is definitely the wrong device and you should get the shield. You may ask yourself why I've sold my Z9X? Easy answer: I upgraded to a Z9X Pro, because I was in the same boat... first of all I really like Zidoo and secondly I wanted to be future proof... speaking of the Z9X Pro, that box... currently... is really kind of buggy. But I was aware of that beforehand and know that Zidoo will fix the new boxes in the next month to come - a new firmware with a shitload of fixes (for the Pro) should arrive in September, then I can tell you more about the Pro.

Fricke likes this.
  19. Nicholas Hewitt

You sound like a pathetic fanboy dude! Your the only one that does not have problems cause you prob don't use as much as other people. Changing images and info providers causes bugs. You also sound aragant cause there is thousands of pages of people encountering bugs and that are not happy with their purchase. I've been on here longer than you dude and so have a lot of other people. So acting like you know what you are talking about, when you clearly don't is not helping people. It just helps people get ripped off by a company that promises features to sell new boxes then makes you big test all their updates till 1.5 years after when some features are finally stable and others do not work at all. Then they rush yo put out a new box that is garbage and leave the people that bought the last generation which was only 2 years ago, with a buggy device that crashes all the time. So keep your opinions to yourself and stop misreading misinformation about these boxes being so great. Most people are not happy. Learn how to read dude. And stop trying to be a salesman.

20. dr4go

dr4go Member

Reported this post, end of story. I'm a developer and no salesman and am (correction: the whole family is) using the device daily. Better you learn how to respect people and / or solve your problems. Unbelievable.