[SOLVED] Zidoo still don't have an XMOS licensed driver

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by atomic garden, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Isn't it you also need to update the XMOS firmware onboard the DAC?
    I'm saying, as the thing about 24 and 32 bits was mentioned by a guy (sorry, cannot remember your nick, you know who you are...) here on one forum.

Glerup71 likes this.
  2. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I also just tried Foobar2000 and I can't get it to work either, but I have no problems at all in roon & Audirvana

Have you updated the firmware in the Xmos chip to v1.15?

atomic garden likes this.
  3. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

I think I missed that part.
    How do I fix this? o_O

Glerup71 likes this.
  4. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I think you have to install my modded driver, there is a program called: TUSBAudioDfu, you have to run it and then put the bin file in it and flash

Remenber to unzip :)

Skærmbillede 2023-09-04 172010.png

Attached Files:

5. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Good to hear/see for those of you who wanted this and good for Zidoo for providing it.

Now, its time to get back to the features and issues that were used as a selling tool and promised, get them working / fixed, and make this the top notch device its supposed to be.

atomic garden, SausageDog and Nutul like this.
  6. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Good to see that finally ther is a proper driver :).

s this Xmos FW update for the A6 too or only for the Z DAC's?

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It possibly is for all of them...

Glerup71, JamOne and Topdude like this.
  8. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I really think that it is a big step that you have got hold of the right driver from Thesycon, so that we Windows users also have the option of native DSD :)

9. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Well except for the likely facts that 1. Many people (probably a vast majority) don't care about native DSD, and 2. Many people (likely the majority) buying the A6 aren't using a computer NAS to run their system. Which is the point people here in this thread seem to be forgetting. The A6 is a device that allows people to NOT have a computer in the mix. Believe it or not, but many people don't want their music systems to need a computer to run them every day.

Its neither here nor there. Its really cool to see that they were able to get it working. Now lets hope they can do the same for more important things for the majority of A6 users.

10. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

After all, I am an owner of a Z8 Dac, and yes I am a Hi-fi geek, and I just have a Z8 Dac because of 1. ESS 9038Pro, 2. Xmos XU 316 USB Chip (16 cores), 3. a superb analogue audio stage with OPA 1612 op-amps, and yes I am a windows user because here are the best audio programs such as roon, Audirvana, Hqplayer...etc

Give me just one reason why we shouldn't have the real Thesycon driver with native DSD support

You get the feeling that you have been opposed to us asking for that driver from the start

But you also get the feeling that there aren't that many real audiophiles here in this forum

atomic garden and Topdude like this.
  11. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

I'm not sure why you insist on heaping criticism on users who want to use their DMP as a DAC for outputting from a Windows device. It's a perfectly legitimate use case.

Getting a properly licensed current version of the driver will have taken no time away from the devs working on the other issues.

You might as well aim your comments at all those users who want this/that obscure external DAC added to the list that's supported by the DMP.

The DMP's own DAC is already transparent so some, not me, might wonder about why someone would want to just use the DMP as a transport to another DAC.

atomic garden and Glerup71 like this.
  12. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Guys, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. You wanted a feature that is key to you and you got it and that's awesome. I am truly happy, because it just makes the A6 a better more thorough device for everyone. Its a win win win.

But far as I know this driver wasn't advertised or promised by Zidoo in their features list. Was it? If it was, then I apologize for being uninformed and wrong. As it is, I think you all bought the A6 with assumptions that it would "of course" have the driver you wanted. When it didn't you all jumped on the train to get it. And you did. Cool.

Now, what's important is that Zidoo step things up to make things they advertised and promised with the A6 to work, and work properly. Your driver wasn't promised. Airplay 2 and native Amazon HD and CD ripping and more etc etc etc were. Can you not see the difference here? Geesh.

Nutul likes this.
  13. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Dear @Topdude , @atomic garden , @Arcticpollen

Won't you help me here, @Bonzo believe that it is more important that the DMP-A6 works almost 100%, instead of us asking for the right Thesycon driver with native DSD support

He keeps saying that we were never promised that driver from the start, but could it be that they have admitted that they probably made a mistake about that driver and of course Eversolo must also have the right driver, I actually think that this is how it is

And why is the DMP-A6 more important than the two DACs Z6/Z8?

atomic garden and Topdude like this.
  14. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Thinking back why I got interested in the DAC Z6/8 in the first place we’re the specs. reading it was highly capable I saw it as a very good option to be placed next to my PC.
    exacly because of the USB-B input.
    Little did I know there wouldn’t be a driver. My old Marantz DAC was capable of 32bit, an even older musical fidelity dac could handle DSD, so it would only make sense that a modern dac would be capable of at least the same and better.

Releasing a product that could work in hifi setup as well as pc setup SHOULD have all required drivers on board. My Marantz Dac had it, new dacs from other brands have it, less expensive devices have it, so why should a brand that wants to profile itself as a serious player in the market not have it?

For me it’s quite underwhelming actually. I was on the verge of getting rid of it, just because of the lack of driver support. im happy there was driver and firmware support from individuals here on the forum!

at the end of the day it’s beyond ridiculous that I must find a firmware update somewhere on the internet to be able to play files to a resolution which was indicated in marketing blablablabla from Eversolo.

I’m happy it works, albeit still not to full spec, because for the rest these dacs and network streamer are great devices.

atomic garden and Glerup71 like this.
  15. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Checked my A6, it's running on 1.7 FW

16. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Well, as a matter of fact it was. Windows is installed on 70% of PC's and it needs a driver ;)

upload_2023-9-8_22-35-14.png

atomic garden and Inti like this.
  17. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Well I haven't heard anyone yet say it didn't work with PCs, just that without this one particular driver it wouldn't do all the features a PC is capable of. So your picture says it works with a PC. It makes no promises of anything else. So I still say, for now, assumptions were made in that regard. Assumptions were not made for other well defined major features that either aren't working at all or still aren't working well. Zidoo has already proven they don't think simply removing lines from their advert page is problematic, so they have given many here fuel for worry.

Either way, whether I'm off base or not on the exact details, like I said before, it's water under the bridge. There is absolutely zero negativity towards the A6 having this driver. Its a win for everyone, whether a person wants it or not. I think its great. Maybe I need to say that again in all caps? ;) Yet, I don't recall such a thread on this forum where people are liking to nit pick the heck out of exact wordings (I'm not a professional writer), and more importantly, liking to apply selective reading to what they reply about (separating things out of context). Nor do I recall one general post of mine touching so many nerves. I had no intention lighting fires, nor did I have any intention of making more posts in this thread, but it appears I am now some sort of scape goat today, making me feel the need for self defense. Perhaps there is a full moon on the rise? Geesh. I've said what I said, and its enough. I'd like to think we all can move on now, but I guess we'll see. :cool:

18. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Just want to clarify the last couple of things and then I am done with that ;)

IMHO the wording is not totally correct ..."all the features the DMP is capable of" is more adequate. In fact Native DSD (a promise) without "that particular driver" doesn't work. It was the same when Roon was working because identified the DMP as DAC Z6, yet it was not certified but hey, it was working. I buy a car with air conditioning but it doesn't go under 22C degrees.....but it's still working.

Full moon or not :D, the issue I see is that you seem to want to determine what is more or less important without taking into account that each buyer has his own expectations. The fact that they belong to a minority don't make them less important, especially considering they were only asking what all other competitors are already doing.

atomic garden, Glerup71 and Inti like this.
  19. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Yes, it gets a little weird when other people think what other people need...:(

Topdude and JamOne like this.
  20. audio58

audio58 Active Member

I just tried my Asus windows laptop and I can connect and play from my server using win10. Not sure what the issue is? Possibly setup in windows under configuration of the USB port!!