PlexToZidoo : An external player for plex using native Zidoo player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

The unwatched status on the collection view wasn't really working on v1.6 so when I went to look into fixing it I decided to look and see what the android plex client did. It does not display the unwatched status for an entire collection so that's what I did here. The way the server works when querying for all of the collections, it doesn't give a watched/unwatched status for them so I would need to actually then go query each individual collection to figure that out. That is going to be awfully slow when there are lots of collections.

2. karmu

karmu Member

OK, but this worked before, any idea?

3. bowlingbeeg

As I said, it wasn't working. It was just listing every collection as unwatched, even if all of the movies under it were already watched.

4. tps700

tps700 New Member

@bowlingbeeg

Not sure what happened but as soon as I upgraded to 0.1.8 we are confirmed shuffling on playlist and seasons! For some reason you can't manually skip ahead in Zidoo player but that's an acceptable trade off.

Thank you SO MUCH for fixing auto skip, the implementation here is a total game changer and me and my lad

bowlingbeeg likes this.
  5. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

So the one thing that is continuing to be frustrating is that the z9x pro, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to reconnect SMB shares at startup like my non-pro did. I have the zidoo set to instantly boot to kodi then plex, but I get errors everytime it tries to play something. I finally figure out why, but I have to open the media browser and open the SMB share, which starts with an "unmounted" message at the bottom. Browsing around to a folder causes it to reconnect, then things play.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting somewhere to force it to connect on startup? It's also affecting HT4, as I open my catalog and everything is empty.

6. bowlingbeeg

I do not have that problem. Every now and again if I shut off the box but certainly not every time or if it crashes(really rare), then I will have to go back into the media center and access the SMB share to get things working again. Is it possible your smb share drives are hibernating and the zidoo gives up before they wake from hibernation?

7. karmu

karmu Member

I read about a problem with SMB on the new Pro on another forum (I don't remember where).
    The only solution mentioned is to wait for a firmware update.

fnhanks likes this.
  8. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

I don’t think so, because this is hosted on a NAS which never sleeps/hibernates and I never had this problem with my original Zidoo for the last year. So definitely seems isolated to the new Zidoo and it’s firmware :(

9. tps700

tps700 New Member

Hi @bowlingbeeg Not a dealbreaker, is there any chance automatic skip intro can be configured to enter a customizable delay, for example 1-10 seconds?

Plex's detection of when an intro begins likes to trigger up to 10 seconds early especially in some American shows and this would solve for that. Either way thanks again!

10. RandoMe

RandoMe New Member

@gogo789 I've been trying to open videos with gallery/ht4 but nothing seems to be able to make them play, only plex to zidoo when opening plex URLs

What parameters and extra info are you sending in the intent?
    And what intents are you sending? Just the view intent to the gallery app?

I'm stumped about why opening URLs and files through ht4/gallery won't work from anywhere I've tried

11. bowlingbeeg

gogo789 hasn't worked on this project in a long time. As I mentioned to your earlier if you want to discuss this please DM me, and give me examples of what you're trying to do.

12. nutzer

nutzer New Member

@bowlingbeeg
    enjoying your kodi-addon :)

Is there any chance of automatic updates??

13. bowlingbeeg

New version of ZidooPlexMod has been uploaded(version 0.1.9). @tps700 requested a customizable delay for the auto skip feature. I didn't find an easy way to allow the user to input any positive(delay) or negative(start early) value so I hardcoded -10, -5, 0, 5, 10. Let me know if you need something else. There are also a few minor fixes in this release and I updated the "resume/start from beginning" dialog.
    • Add support for adding a start/end offset to the auto skip triggers
    • Change resume dialog to show resume time
    https://github.com/bowlingbeeg/plex-for-kodi/releases/tag/ZidooPlexMod_v0.1.9

14. bowlingbeeg

I'm not sure what it takes to setup a repo but I thought when I first looked at it, I would need some sort up webserver running to host the files and I don't have anything like that.

15. nutzer

nutzer New Member

isn't it possible to link an update directly to the github release page?

another question: is it possible to use plex-to-zidoo with nfs? I changed the address in your plex-to-zidoo app from smb:// to nfs:// but it doesn't seem to work, although nfs works flawlessly in zidoo hometheater.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  16. bowlingbeeg

Doesn't appear to be that easy, looks like maybe there is a way to setup a repo and host it on github but I'm not so sure it's worth the effort. We'll see, maybe someday I'll get bored and try and figure it out.

I think it should just pass the nfs designation off to the Zidoo player. If you turn on the debug screen what does it say for the Path Substitution?

17. tps700

tps700 New Member

This is fantastic, love the update to the resume dialog and the offset is working great during my tests. Only offset I would think about adding in a future release is +/- 3 but it's great as is. Thanks for continually making this awesome!

bowlingbeeg likes this.
  18. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

@bowlingbeeg just curious, with these updates are we supposed to do clean installs or we can just overwrite what we have? I have been doing clean installs, but was just curious, thanks.

19. bowlingbeeg

You should be able to just overwrite. That's all I do when I'm testing and haven't hit any issues so far. The only thing that I can think of that could be problematic is if I muck with the settings in some incompatible way but if I do that I'll let you know.

gyrene2083 likes this.
  20. karmu

karmu Member

Hi, today i've added a music lib, but the button has no function. There is only the list view.
    Is it possible to fix that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.