Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. USA

USA Member

Full ACK!

It depends on which starting position you take and thus which perspective you apply.

You can look at it from the point of view of a user focused on image and sound quality.

You can look at it from the point of view of an extensive film collector.

You can look at it from the point of view of a casual user.

You can look at it from the point of view of I always want the best.

etc.

And if you form ciriteria and superimpose the user group focal points, you get a better or less suitable manufacturer.

P.S.
    And a user can be a member of more than one group.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  2. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

I just got my Z9X Pro and installed 1.0.52 right away so I'm not sure if this an issue with the beta or not but I don't seem to have the option to put the device in standby like I do with my Z9X. Was that functionality removed from the Pro line or is it a bug?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure - I've asked but the devs but not had a response about it. Seems like an oversight to me.

bowlingbeeg likes this.
  4. So this is very interesting.....turning off HDCP in the advanced settings menu reduces my playback issues to almost zero.

Why should this be?

On the positive side.....this leaves more room to enjoy watching a movie.

And I must say the Z2000 Pro delivers a clean crisp picture with excellent detail, color reproduction and contrast.

The only difference I notice in comparison with my Panasonic Ub9004 is that the Panasonic delivers a more glossy presentation.

Both are very pleasing to the eye.

5. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

So what do we loose by turning off HDCP?

6. That is a really good question because I can't see the point of having this function with a media player anyway.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  7. How do you turn HDCP off on Z9X Pro?
    I cannot find it.

8. Go to setting, other, about, advanced settings, video

9. Many thanks. Mine was set to Off by default.

10. USA

USA Member

Problems with wrong labels also exist in this FW.

As soon as a DVD is available as an .iso file, they are incorrectly declared as bluray.

ex1.JPG ex2.JPG

If an .iso is present once as bluray and once DVD, the DVD is marked as bluray and the bluray as 1080p.
    ex3.JPG ex4.JPG

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

shouldnt it really be showing

DVD 720p
    Bluray 1080p

12. USA

USA Member

Just an FYI.

I found out about your tip to buy a perfect Kaleidescape, instead of an imperfect media player, from a Kaleidescape dealer in CHE.

This works poorly or not at all for the following reasons:
    It is not possible to load his own movies e.g. as .iso files into the system. This is completely closed - only movies from Kaleidescape are possible. Side note: Transferring your own movies into the system would have worked in the past, but is no longer possible with the current systems.

If I want to buy films from the CHE it is only possible in a roundabout way. It is not possible to pay with a credit card from CHE, you have to buy an american credit card.

There are no films available in german language.

This is the information I have received. So Kaleidescape is unfortunately cancelled for me.

13. Svenald

Svenald New Member

First Zidoo product and i love it. LLDV works great on my projector. However a few issues i could not solve yet:

1) File transfers from Windows 10 to the Zidoo is stuck at 0KB. It wont transfer or it will transfer with a few kb/s. This is over local wifi.

2) It keeps telling me to reformat the HDD. I tried NTFS and exFat but it keeps insisting.

14. gpiano

gpiano New Member

I tried with exFat and worked fine o_O

15. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

exfat does not work when copying very large files like a 4k remux. Windows then shows this error code 0x8007003b.
    Files up to about 20GB work

16. gpiano

gpiano New Member

I copied files up to 90GB, several ISOs, several MKVs and even blu-ray folders. They worked perfectly for me. Will the HDD be in good condition?

17. DennisTheMenace

Hmm ok that is strange, because for me and 2 other guys it in this thread it didn't worked
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...les-inside-samba-internal-drive-folder.96140/

Are you using Windows to a USB drive connected to the zidoo (formated as exfat) ?

18. gpiano

gpiano New Member

I'm using macOS to a USB drive connected to the Zidoo.

19. DennisTheMenace

That problem only exists with windows

20. SlingShotUK

SlingShotUK New Member

Great work on this superb player. Just a quick question - I watched a DV movie last night and audio sync was out. Frame matching is on so it was playing at correct 24p but I had to use my Denon amp to delay the audio by 125ms to get it in sync. Is this a known issue or a setting to fix it?