ZDMC Matrix (v20) ?

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by Iriver, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

2. LarryZ

LarryZ Member

I took the download url from ZDMC 20.1 and changed the number to 20.2. It was just a try and indeed I received the file.

Franconian and FrostByte like this.
  3. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I am new to ZDMC, recently got a UHD3000 with latest firmware downloaded. Do I still benefit from this version of ZDMC? Sorry if this is a dumb question :)

4. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Could anybody from Team Zidoo confirm if this is a stable release?

5. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

It is... been using it.

6. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...thank you! Does anybody have a change.log??

I still find it extremely irritating, that this new release is not published and promoted by Zidoo but more made available "by accident".

7. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

8. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...thank you @Franconian ! But i was more asking for the change log from ZDMC, not from Kodi...

9. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

There are no changes. ZDMC = 1:1 Kodi + the ability to use the external Zidoo player by default

FrostByte likes this.
  10. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I think that's what we do now. I just found that there is a v20.2 now doing the same.
    I will post here just to keep me updated.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  11. riddleace

riddleace Member

Hi, I have some problems with ZDMC 20.1 on Zidoo z9x PRO....
    1)Does SMB work? Can I connect to my NAS, in HT4.0 it works
    3)My locally connected USB drive is not working, in HT4.0 I have no problem.
    3)I can't switch to the internal zidoo player, it still using the KODI player ( tested on streaming services).

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

1) yes. I have multiple NAS' all connected via gigabit Ethernet. (If it works in HT4, it should also work in ZDMC, if set up correctly).
    2) no idea why your USB drive is not working, perhaps not selected as a Source in Kodi?
    3) ZDMC uses the Zidoo player by default (same as HT4). It is not set up for streaming, so if you use Kodi streaming services, it will have to use the Kodi player.
    Older file types and codecs (think DVD rips) that may not play with Zidoo player, can still use the Kodi player.

13. FrostByte

FrostByte New Member

Also, try 20.2 and see if that helps. The link was posted above.

14. Wots666

Wots666 New Member

Hi, I have most of my 4K movies in uncompressed rar format (mkv inside rar)
    This movies will play using Kodi internal player.
    How do I change this so that they are played using the external player?
    XDMC 20.2

15. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Why on earth do you put your mkvs in a rar?

Usually by default the external player starts when you use ZDMC (a checkmark in the settings with external player should be set by default). Check this or try mkv without rar.

16. Wots666

Wots666 New Member

Yes I know the checkbox and it works with mkv without rar.
    I still want to use rar and want to know how to assign rar to the external player.
    Usually this is done in "playercorefactory.xml" but I cannot find it.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm also curious - why do you rar your mkvs? Surely that just makes everything difficult?

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Everybody wonders now. What benefit would you get from putting compressed mkv inside uncompressed rar?

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Password protection?

20. Wots666

Wots666 New Member

I receive my movies in rar format and uses Kodi:s virtual filesystem (Spiffs Rar archive support)
    I have a large number of movies and I donĀ“t want to unpack them.
    If I unpack them they get an new timestamp and I use to sort them in timeorder.
    Next advantage to have them in rar is crc check via a sfv file.

Now back to the main question, do anyone know how to assign rar to external player?
    I think it is in playercorefactory.xml but I cannot find it.