Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. So letting the Zidoo do the upscaling does not fix the playback issues....perhaps a better description is that movie playback slows down for a few seconds and sometines for 30 seconds.

I really hope this is getting fixed.....because for an 550euro 4k media player i expect flawless playback of every sort of codec.

2. Is this only with sd movies?

Because sd tv shows when selected automatic frame rate and resolution are played in their native resolution in my case.

3. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

yes the z10 pro dies it also. JUst curious why it ignores the hand set ratio just on sd content.
    Quality is perfect when it upscales

4. darky_zidoo

no i disable most image enhancements in my tv

5. geebolt

geebolt Member

Upscaling has to be done somewhere. Either the player or the TV. If the TV is getting SD you have no choice but for it to upscale to it's native resolution. It's not something you can turn on or off.

I just checked and with my Z2600 and a 1080p source file my TV reports it is indeed getting a 1080p signal.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  6. darky_zidoo

I can get dvd shown as a small block with lots of black around it on my tv. I also can have it scaled.
    1080p and up goes well. 730p and lower gets upscaled on the zidoo no matter what setting.

Not a big deal.

7. gpiano

gpiano New Member

I currently have a Z9X Pro with v1.0.52. When I select a subtitle in a specific language by default (in main settings), it never selects it correctly in the movie. This happens with either internal PGS subtitle or external SRT subtitle. Is this a known issue with this new version?

8. swinskyi

swinskyi New Member

I have the same problem!

9. darky_zidoo

Can some check if their local trailers pause every 5 seconds or so?

Edit
    It made the poster walk crash.

Edit 2
    Router had an update..restarted router, zidoo and nas. All runs smooth again.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  10. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

ok, i formatted all 5 hard drives in my hard drive enclosure, changed the file system from ntfs to exfat, and copied all the backups. That took a total of 4 days. Now all folders and files of Windows 11 are visible via Samba. Maybe Zidoo will fix the problem, but I didn't want to wait any longer. Well, in any case, the Samba bug is solved for me, for whatever reason

11. I was having playback issues with MKV files on my Zidoo Z2000 Pro.

For instance The Transporter a MKV MPEG2 file.

I reencoded the file using handbrake to a MP4 H264 file and now it plays flawlessly.

A few questions come to mind:

Why should this matter?
    Does this mean current Zidoo firmware has issues with MKV MPEG2 files?

I need to do further research to rule out this was just a lucky shot like does this also work with MKV VC1 and MKV H264 files because I am having playback issues with both combinations also.

I will come back with additional information.

Perhaps forum administrators can relay this information to Zidoo firmware developers.

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I solved the problem more simply, returning the Z2000Pro to the dealer. I continue to use the UHD3000 and have no problems again.
    But the crucial point was the fact that I have no advantages with the new device compared to the old series.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  13. Remi Duff

Remi Duff New Member

Thank you for the tip! I've tried that, and... It worked!

HDD formated to exFat system on PC Windows 10, then installed in the UHD5000
    • No need to activate SMB 1.0 on Windows
    • All Folders & Files visible and accessible to Read/Wright from computer
    Thanks again

14. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

This is happening again and again. 3 times now. I always have to reset the player. Otherwise my movies don't play.
    Like I said when I switch audio to raw, the movies play fine.
    I'm done, I use my z9x again. Until this is fixed.
    By the way it started with this firmware. On the one before that never happened

15. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Anyone with Z9X Pro and 3D movies... is 3D working properly? Namely 3D MVC MKV's and 3D ISO's? As good as Z9X or Z9S? If so, that's all I need to know to purchase Z9X Pro. Thanks.

Wanting Pro for snappier performance namely.

USA likes this.
  16. darky_zidoo

Snappier it is, the new chipset. I sadly have no 3d equipment

17. USA

USA Member

Here are the videos of the named crashes:
    - Poster Crash
    - Collection Crash
    - Surfing Cast Crash

Another fault I have with the UHD5000. The system crashes while watching films. This happens regardless of the film, at some point during the film. I will now install a dash cam in the living room and run it while watching movies to prove the point and document the frequency. Since this analysis will take some time before I can present reliable data, I ask for a little patience.

(We have already reached that point: A dash cam is needed not only when driving, but also when watching films WITH A ZIDOO) :rolleyes:.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

it would be much more useful to provide debug logs than dash cam footage :D

I’m away at the moment but when I get back I’ll post the debug apk.

xskip and darky_zidoo like this.
  19. USA

USA Member

Films are more exciting and funnier :p

All joking aside. Tell me how to get the logs and I'll send you all the logs you need.

darky_zidoo and Markswift2003 like this.
  20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I’m back tomorrow so I’ll post the apk and instructions either tomorrow or Tuesday.

darky_zidoo and USA like this.