Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

I doubt very much they will have time for any firmware updates The new models are so so bad and have so many problems should have never put theses on the market
    I have a Z9X/Z10PRO they are ok but the Z20Pro is currently not a useable unit

2. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I sincerely hope they at least fix NFS because as it is right now it is mostly unusable for me.

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

AS i mentioned earlier on this current firmware thread , ive noticed delayed audio issues since this f/w was installed
    Did some checking just now and list is as follows for the issues

MP4 /MKV AAC 2.0 or 5.1 almost no pause in audio return after pausing video and restarting
    MKV .......... DD 2.0 or 5.1 Audio delays 5-10 secs before audio restarts after pausing video
    MKV DTS HD 5.1 7.1 and Atmos Audio delays around 3 secs before audio restarts after pausing video

sometimes i felt audio didnt return at all after pause but maybe i hadnt waited the 10 secs delay i was finding tonight testing various TV and movies in MKV MP4 and complete BDSM formats

darkeyes909 likes this.
  4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Hope the dev's mange to stabilise things soon.

They have built up a lot of good will in the community, and it would be a real shame to see that under threat.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Turn Passthrough Amp Compatibility Mode off.

6. sergios74

sergios74 New Member

Good day! Tell me, please, where exactly in the UHD 3000 menu is this item located? Maybe a screenshot? I have the same problem as cucnz.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Settings, Audio, then you see it.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Cheeers ,much better
    Think i must have hit it on while trying to get SACD to work nativly ,which sadly they dont unless using external dac

Sorted now :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. sergios74

sergios74 New Member

Good day! I did as you said, the sound really began to appear without delay, immediately, but ... each time with a loud high-frequency click in the speakers, at the moment of unpausing. The sound is so harsh, loud and not pleasant that I returned to the previous settings.
    Of the two bad options, I chose the least bad. I'll save my speakers and my ears.
    It is a pity that there is no choice among good options.

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Something else must be set wrong
    Its totally seemless when pausing /restart play ,ie no clicks heard here (and thats been same since beginning with z9s etc earlier models)

Cant think what it would be thou
    Maybe post the gear your using ,to see if someone else with similar setup has same issue

11. sergios74

sergios74 New Member

2023-07-18 13-51-25.JPG 2023-07-18 13-51-25.JPG

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you tried it the other way around ? to see if clicks still happen

ie
    Zidoo out to TV for vid and audio and arc out to the older ES amp for the audio stream

ie the newer tv might process it all better

might be a way of eliminating which item is producing the clicks

13. Edworld

Edworld Member

14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yup...IME, if you are hearing nasty pops or clicks upon restarting of the audio bitstream, it is due to an issue with how your equipment after the Zidoo is processing that bitstream.

15. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

No pops or issues here either.

16. Cranks

Cranks Member

Hey legends,
    I recently had a hdd fail on my 4 bay dock and lost about 3TB of movies. Does anyone know of or has successfully used a recovery program and roughly how long is the process?

17. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Oh, no! No redundancy or backups?
    I just used a program called Disk Drill the other day to recover data from a formatted portable HDD with mixed success. It took several hours to deep scan the 2TB drive & a lot of the recovered files were corrupted. Not sure how you'd go with a failed drive.

Cranks likes this.
  18. Cranks

Cranks Member

No redundancy....I'll try Disk Drill to see how it goes

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Damn - I was taught decades ago that hard discs need to be treated as a consumable items and I've never forgotten that so I mirror everything - music, photos, movies and backups.

Essentially costs you double but I've had too many hard disc failures and too many problems with proprietary RAID in the past not to do it.

darkeyes909, Cranks and Phil181 like this.
  20. Cranks

Cranks Member

I do have backups for our personal data...but hadn't got there with movies etc... I am not quite sure how to do this with a 4 disc (now 3 disc) drive bay attached to my Z9X.