Beta version v1.0.48 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 11, 2023.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

one other thing i noticed when playing a mkv that is dolby vision and hdr10 plus compatible, the z9x pro uses vs10. The old z9x used hdr10 plus correctly.
    I have an Samsung oled, with hdr10 plus and without Dolby Vision.
    If I mentioned that before, sorry

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It was actually done on purpose but I pointed out that Auto should provide native pass-through wherever possible so this should be fixed in the next release.

I suggested an option to choose between native and VS10 in HDR settings so hopefully we'll see that.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  3. Szw

Szw Member

I tried to access Z20Pro via Samba from Win 11. In Win 11 I see all drives of my player in Network Neighborhood but they are empty. Only Recacle folder is visible. In Z10Pro I had access to all subfolders.

Alan Bates and Bill-Z9X like this.
  4. xskip

xskip Active Member

Music Player:

3. Optimized multi-channel music playback

Nope. Stereo OK, multi-channel NO.
    Tried with 7 SACDs, all played fine on z9x.
    With PRO, constant "skipping of a sort”… not smooth as stereo.

and this line: "bitova houbkla” :)

IMG_2856.jpeg IMG_2857.jpg

5. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I run an unRAID server and had to turn on NetBios to get SMB working as well. For the large files we deal with SMB should theoretically work better than NFS. I personally wouldn’t be too worried about NetBios on your local network. I sure as hell wouldn’t open the port to the world on your router though. :)

gyrene2083 likes this.
  6. geebolt

geebolt Member

Just got a Z2600 from Futeko yesterday and updated firmware to the 1.0.48 G. I can't get multichannel to play anything but stereo. My Oppo 203 plays the multichannel files fine. Home Theater plays multichannel ISO's just fine, too. I tried resetting the system back to defaults and got the same results. Music Player just plays everything in stereo. I've tried multichannel FLAC's and DSD. I feel like I'm overlooking something but I've been through the settings several time with no luck.

xskip likes this.
  7. xskip

xskip Active Member

press audio button on remote. switches from stereo to multich.

geebolt likes this.
  8. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Just played a WAV file with DTS on the Z2000Pro via Music Player. DTS comes via HDMI on the receiver. No problems.

Blue Stinger likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Definitely something freaky going on with MP7 on the new players.

My Z9X will do multichannel from DSF, SACD, DTS Wav but not DTS Flac.

My Pro will only play stereo and it stutters with DSF/SACD images.

Neither seem to be able to play DSD natively.

xskip, DennisTheMenace and geebolt like this.
  10. geebolt

geebolt Member

Thanks but that doesn't work. I get the onscreen message that says SACD Multichannel but it keeps playing in stereo.

11. geebolt

geebolt Member

Thanks, I can stop worrying about it now and wait till they get it sorted.

12. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I noticed that the task manager is no longer available in the keyboard shortcut app. I've always enjoyed using it on the z9x. It would be nice if there was one again.

13. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Has anybody else noticed this on their z9x pro?

I set my Resolution to Auto 3840 x 2160p 60hz, when I booted up this evening
    i noticed the settings was changed to 720p 50hz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

14. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I have also noticed that the settings have been changed independently. Before that I was on the PC via web interface in the Home Theater. Whether this is related, I have not pursued further.

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Not seen this - I have mine locked to 3840x2160P @ 23Hz and has stayed at that resolution through numerous power down and power ups.

16. geebolt

geebolt Member

This is not a display related setting but on my Z2600 the SPDIF audio setting keeps changing to Raw after I change it to Off or 2CH LPCM.

17. mirak

mirak Member

The Zidoo Controller App doesn't find my new Z9X PRO.
    It works perfectly with all my others Zidoos.
    20230719_174943.jpg

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Works fine for me.

I only get that error if I try to use app and my Z9X Pro is turned off.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  19. mirak

mirak Member

OK that's a good start. I’ll try again later.
    Stay tuned ;)

20. HAK94

HAK94 New Member

Does Dolby Vision BDMV file work on Zido X9 Pro MEL+FEL?