Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. thivame

thivame Active Member

when can we expect a FW, if only to remedy the bugs?

gymnos, rockmeloman and vddan like this.
  2. rockmeloman

rockmeloman New Member

The programmers are busy with the new line. For each new device, a separate firmware.
    We have nothing to look forward to

3. thivame

thivame Active Member

Hello,
    I've just noticed a little problem with subtitles...
    In fact, in an MKV I have "Fr full" and "fr forced" subtitles integrated into an mkv, unfortunately zidoo doesn't read them.
    If I extract these subtitles without modifying anything, they are read...
    Has anyone encountered this problem?

4. thivame

thivame Active Member

the problem is solved (but not repaired), first I turned off the zidoo... then the subtitles reappeared but almost illegible and green in color.
    I switched the box off again, waited a little longer before switching it on again, and the subtitles were back to normal... this firmware is full of surprises...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    darkeyes909 likes this.
  5. maglione

maglione Member

Hi, what is the problem with these strange symbols that appear on certain internal subtitle lines of mkv files? I find them quite annoying, if the subtitle is external no problem. I think this appeared in the last update.

Attached Files:

gymnos likes this.
  6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

That’s a a symbol used in srt files to move the subs to the top of the screen. Zidoo still doesn’t support these tags, a workaround is to convert the file to .ass format. You can do this in Subtitle Edit application on a PC. or simply open the srt file in a text editor and delete the symbol text. There is a fairly lengthy thread on the subject. It is a pain in the proverbial ****

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    gymnos likes this.
  7. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I've always been an .ass man. ;)

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I fully agree with you but it may be economic reasons around ;) which is moving the world anyway.

9. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

Yes, economic reasons that we support with our purchasing behavior. We still think New = Better

We no longer get finished devices, but the end user is abused as a beta tester without asking

A device is literally thrown onto the market as soon as it works to some extent. In order to remain "competitive", as the saying goes

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    gymnos and Telectricity like this.
  10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

@mirror @Markswift2003
    for next firmware it would be good if Zidoo team could fix when going to developer option and changing the number of application in background to 3 or 4 that it stays at that after reboot, for us that run PlexToZidoo it needs to be at 3 but I run in at 4 without no issues so I see no reason for it to default back to 2 after reboot. Thanks.

11. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Please fix NFS support. Right now I have to use ZDMC to access one of my NFS shares because HT4.0 crashes.

Onwrathz likes this.
  12. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

Hey guys whats the difference between DV vs10 for all content vs DV vs10 for sdr, hdr and dv?

I have an oled c9 and i use the TV Led option, i want to all content that are non DV to be converted to DV with the vs10

darkeyes909 likes this.
  13. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I can only speak for how it was on my system with a Sony xbr X950H It did clear a sort of veil from the picture, and added a distracting amount of edge sharpening. The picture lost the film like quality it had on DV vs10 for sdr, hdr and dv. It looked more like a very high def tv broadcast picture. It may only be that way on my particular system but I prefered the film like quality of vs10 for sdr, hdr and dv over the vs10 for all content. My system is player led LLDV.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
    Paulo Pedullo likes this.
  14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

The only difference between VS10 for all content and VS10 for SDR, HDR and DV is that the Zidoo GUI would also be included with the all content option and displayed using the VS10 engine .... mostly useful to cut down on another HDMI resync. DV titles are passthrough and would then use your TV led setting in both scenarios.

Paulo Pedullo and rockmeloman like this.
  15. Hey all,
    Has trakt stopped working properly with this release? If I watch something, the status gets pushed to trakt, but old watched history doesn't get pulled onto the z9x.
    When I run sync in the trakt settings, it also seems to stop at 54%, and then say done

16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

LLDV Is better IMO

17. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Trakt is fooked on their systems, but don't hold your breath for them to fix it..... Their only priority now is to try and sell people new boxes while leaving us with broken software.

thivame likes this.
  18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Depends on the TV, most people with the LG C series or higher would say TV-Led, not just with Zidoo (This is my opinion from various post on AVS and MakeMKV forums).

19. Jimibxl

Jimibxl New Member

I have noticed when i use tv-led on my philips oled tv i got only 8 bit with dv movies but when i use lldv tv can hold till 12 bit

darkeyes909 likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

TV Led is transferred in 8-bit - google HDMI Tunneling.

Jimibxl likes this.