KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Sorry to keep asking but why is the new version not yet available on the zidoo website?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

3. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

There is nothing wrong with the ZDMC v20.1 link posted in this thread by @bob : http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zdmc-matrix-v20.95414/

has worked perfectly (exits very quickly) since installation on 6th June and now identifies DV files :D
    Did an upgrade on the database quickly (of a 10k+ library) in install and kept all settings including the multiple sources. Very happy user.

3DBuff likes this.
  4. Jimbo Randy

5. Markswift2003

No reason not use the latest.

But also no reason to update if you don't need to. People often forget that.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Noticeably faster and so far no reports of any issues.

Zidoo should pick up on Jellyfin client project. The ground work is already done.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  7. Jimbo Randy

Can someone provide me a safe link to grab the latest ZDMC version? I'm probably just glancing over it but I can't find it. I've been stuck on mobile the past few weeks so it's hard to get through the forums on such an annoyingly smal screen.

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

9. Jimbo Randy

10. Jimbo Randy

Why is there such a delay to get it hosted on the main Zidoo website?

11. Markswift2003

Literally answered that yesterday.

12. Jimbo Randy

Yea I saw that but all it linked to was a comment saying that ZDMC wasn't priority. I couldn't find another reason? Seemed odd that it takes 6 months to put a file on their website? Perhaps I am massively misunderstanding something?

13. Markswift2003

Read it again :)

The key words are "not", "officially" and "supported"

14. Jimbo Randy

If that's the case what makes you think they'd post it at all?

15. Jimbo Randy

Ah sorry I see now. I misread. Thought you were saying they'd post it in 6 months.

16. Markswift2003

Ok, I've explained this so many times I might sticky it!!!!

ZDMC was around years ago before HT even a twinkle in Zidoo's eye and it was included in the firmware.

Then the devs decided to write their own solution from the ground up and HT was born. ZDMC and HT lived alongside each other for a while but once HT was mature enough, ZDMC was deprecated and removed from the firmware.

However a lot of people like it and still use it, so although it's not officially still supported, and hasn't been for years, the devs still spit out a new update every now and again as a bonus.

As I say, I seem to have to have to explain this every six months or so...

Phil181 likes this.
  17. Jimbo Randy

Noted!

18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but did they not write HT and remove ZDMC from the firmware because they was breaking kodi licence e by not making ZDMC open source? I'm obviously just paraphrasing here, my memory is painful, i'm drinking lots of Red Wine to try and ease the pain but it is getting worse.

19. Markswift2003

Not as I remember - HT was developed because they wanted their own product rather than a generic one which was just an easy stop gap.

Seem to remember some grey areas around the GPL license at one point, but the source is available.

20. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Can you point me in the direction for the source code for the latest ZDMC v20.1 please?