KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

ZDMC uses the Zidoo player (for most playback). It follows whatever Settings you have for Zidoo use.
    Therefore if your Settings are for VS10 for DV and HDR (and/or SDR), that is what it will use.
    If Auto gives you HDR10+ in File Manager or HT4, then it should do the same from ZDMC.

2. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I can only get HDR10+ when I choose ZidooPlayer from ZDMC. I tried to change the color settings, etc. but still the same.

Do you have idea if Zidoo will update ZDMC to 19.5?

3. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

say, in kodi there is a popup, when a movie title is not found, to add it manually. is this also available in zdmc 19.4 ??
    i have 4 movies, that wont scan and identify. started with like 60. added titlename.nfo with tmdb links. that found all the others but 4, out of like 600. so not bad
    one example is wrath of man , named Wrath of man (2021) . all my movies are named like this.
    kodi has no issues with them, just zdmc

any thoughts ?? thanks
    this below helped, and got the manual selection working as well. found the 4 with no issue.

v18 introduced reading Video file Tags. If your files are correctly named but refuse to scrape, go to Settings>Media Settings>Videos and ensure the setting Use video tags is disabled

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  4. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

you can add titles manually in ZDMC, exactly the same way as Kodi (as the database is Kodi!). You can also re-scan and update the same way.

5. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

correct, once use video tags was turned off, before that it didn't function the same as kodi, thats for sure. after it was turned off, yep, manual add and all that just as usual in kodi.
    rescan and update, nothing helped, nfo didn't help.
    in kodi that setting defaults to off, in zdmc, that setting defaults to on (or it was on in my zdmc, and i'm the only one that changes/ tweaks)

6. DMD

DMD Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    azon1951 likes this.
  7. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

8. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Before going to bed check... Still no ZDMC 20...

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

What will ZDMC 20 have that the current version doesnt?

10. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

IT'S FAST! I don't know what is the changes they made but after years of using Kodi one thing I'm sure is IT'S FASTER than the previous versions.

Edworld likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I seem to have to remind everyone every six months or so about this, but ZDMC has not been officially supported for a few years now. It was deprecated in favour of HT soon after HT was released - but as a pet project, updates slip out every now and again.

12. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I'm sorry. I not good in English. This means that ZDMC is not a priority? Right?

13. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

No, its not!

14. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

That sad. I think I should sell my Z9X and buy an Apple TV Box instead.

Hoping that they will update ZDMC to v20 atleast.

15. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Zidoo is NOT ‘a Kodi box’ !!!!
    It has its own player (and a very good one..) and it have there own scrapper HT4.
    So, if you want to use Kodi/zdmc etc look somewhere else (nvidia shied)

rozel and xskip like this.
  16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry - in this instance "deprecated" is a term used in software development that means it is no longer being developed.

Zidoo used to provide ZDMC as the poster wall app before HT - It was released in firmware in the same way that HT is now. Once HT was stable and usable, development of ZDMC stopped (I forget when, but it was a few years ago) and it was removed from firmware.

However it still works as well as it ever did and is occasionally updated by the devs when they have time and inclination.

17. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I wouldn't be in a rush to get V20 until all the new bugs are fixed and 20.1 is released.

There always seem to be issues for all the first releases of Kodi (and that was all HiMedia had for my old Q10Pro).
    ZDMC 19.4 works fine as it is, as a front-end library database for Zidoo hardware. Kodi's biggest issue is the multiple operating systems and various hardware (some of it quite old or low spec) it has to run on.

For fresher eye-candy, HT4 looks great, can run at the same time, and still being developed specifically for Zidoo hardware.
    I am hoping it will eventually catch up to Kodi for decent handling of large content libraries and multiple sources.

Being able to import a Kodi/ZDMC library into HT4 would be a great start (and not losing multiple sources when unplugged or switched off) :)

18. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I'm sorry. I know that it not meant for Kodi. After having issue with my external hard drive November last year, I tried Real-debrid and it's working well for me. At the same, my ISP increase my speed for free so I decided not to replace my broken hard drive.
    And Kodi Artic Horizon 2 Skin looks amazing.

19. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Thank you so much for the explanation. Now I will stop talking about Kodi here. I'm just keep on praying that zidoo team will release ZDMC 20 within this month. Haha...
    Thanks again.

20. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

There are several reasons to prefer Kodi/ZDMC over HT:
    1. Kodi is available on many platforms, so you can use the same library for all your devices (in my case Zidoo, a PC, a Rasperry Pi and a TV set)
    2. I use the PC-Kodi to get the library info for all new movies and store them in the movie folder before moving it to the NAS, so I can edit the xml file and the pictures to suit my preference
    3. Kodi is much more flexible in its settings
    Therefore I hope for a continuation of ZDMC support

azon1951 likes this.