Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Count me in the HT freeze/crash group, especially when USB is connected directly to the device. This is why I moved down to .60 FW and it happens there too but not as often and it just slow in general.

PS, I dont use trailers in any shape or form.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    darkeyes909 likes this.
  2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I get the intermittent HT freeze/crash and I only use NAS for sources... I have my local trailers set to automatically play after 5 seconds, but it seems if I click play on the movie before the trailer starts or just as it starts... it can cause a "freeze" and can either go back to the my HT4 landing page or sometimes I have had it crash back to the main Zidoo home screen... .depending on if I had been pressing unresponsive buttons on my remote. Still attempting to lock down a repeatable scenario.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There are a lot of symptoms here but I think the main thing I'm trying to replicate here is HT crashing and then restarting and lack of responsiveness.

I'll try the trailer thing...

4. Markswift2003

I think this has something to do with Source resources not being ready.

Just managed to crash HT twice in quick succession by simply navigating around while my NAS drives were asleep. Once they'd all woken up it seemed to settle down and I can't get it to crash any more.

This is possibly why I haven't experienced this in real life use because in the cinema, the Room On command includes wake up packets (http, not WOL) sent to the NAS drives so they're ready to go when the lights dim.

Oldpainless likes this.
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Fix needed for sure! The new HT APK you put up here helped a bit but wasnt a full blown solution.

vddan likes this.
  6. thivame

thivame Active Member

hello B0RN,
    Idem, I've also gone back to the .60 (as you know because we've talked about it) and I'm having these problems too.

However, like you, they occur less often than with the .62 version.
    a symptom I've forgotten: when I finish a video and ht comes back to the info page, the (local) trailer is already playing and makes HT crash. (sometimes not all time)

The more we advance in firmware, the more we regress...what is this strange sect ????

vddan and B0RN like this.
  7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yeah 0.60 is by no means perfect, it is a bit slow and crashes and HT freezes still happen at times but less often. Now that Mark has been able to reproduce, hopefully we can get a fix for it in 3-4 months.

8. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

OK, that makes sense ... as what I have done sometimes is allow the trailer to play a bit before jumping right to the movie... that seems to lessen the instance of crashing... in limited testing. Although depending on the source, this may not always work. As I may have the trailers on the 3D version NAS source of a particular title.. and I am trying to play the 4K version which is on another NAS with no trailers. Will keep testing.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Z49845

Z49845 Member

Is this is a new bug? I have a season directory with a theme MP3 file. Local Disc is active, i enter the season in HT4, after 5s the theme starts to play and if i press OK the theme stops and the episode starts to play. This case is as it should be.
    But if the local disc is sleeping, if i enter the season the theme starts to play after the 5s, the disc wakes up, i press ok and the episode starts as soon as the disc is up, but this time the theme does not stop! The only way to stop the theme is to stop the epsiode and leave the season.

I use Fw 62 with zidoo_poster_RTD1619_v4.2.51.

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

One minor thing ive been noticing with this firmware

Playing MKV tv epis ,if i pause them ,then restart them ,vid plays but no audio
    Have to close and restart video to continue on with full vid/audio

Playing 4k movies in Complete BDSM or Iso format ,it doesnt seem to be effected
    ie can pause/resume with no lose of the audio

I had thought it was cause id Changed some CEC commands on tv (ie i turned off TV closing down Zidoo and Amp via CEC when i turn TV off ..so that i could play audio without the TV on

Just Upgraded TV to 65 LZ1500Z from 55 JZ1000Z and issue still occurs even with CEC etc all back on atm ,so seems its a Zidoo issue

B0RN likes this.
  11. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Also effected by the HT4 freezing after stopping playback and navigating. No crashes now that I anticipate it and I wait, by instinct. Using SMB.

Question?: If my HT4 settings are set to use only the local Z-10 Pro internal drive for posters exclusively, then why do I have some posters still stored in my remote computer in the folder where the video files are stored (.HomeTheatre)? Even if I back up the library, delete the library, and then delete the remote folder, after restore the posters are back again in .HomeTheatre.
    If the remote drive falls asleep near the end of the file playback (because the last part of the file has already been cached), and it needs access to these posters for display, then that could be the cause of the freezing. Also during the freeze if you press other buttons then this could lead to subsequent crashes as a result.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  12. Markswift2003

You probably had the poster folder set to "save to device" (which confusingly means the source device) at some point and it's a hangover from that and that's probably in the backup.

I regularly completely clear and reset HT4 and rescrape (using local NFO/art) and the very first thing I do before I set anything in HT is to change the poster folder (even though it's not used with local art) to Custom. The only time I get 'hometheatre folders lurking on my sources is if I've forgotten to do that or I'm doing a test with default settings.

A drive wouldn't sleep whilst data is accessed even if using buffered data.

13. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I turned off Sleep mode on all my NAS's... then did some starting and stopping of titles as I was testing some video quality comparisons while testing some VS10/video output settings... I still had a stall and crashed back to HT4 main page after selecting a title to play. For the most part, things works as they should ... just still intermittent stall and crash still. I will probably disable automatic local trailer playback next to see if that has any effect. Could this have started with the switch to the better quality trailer playback player?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

It's definitely a possibility.

I still can't get it to crash again... :confused:

15. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Interesting...@Markswift2003 do you have a high bitrate DV file you can test? I tried one this morning that was 100mbs+ and it was like a stutterfest (HD in internal bay)....could just be my end.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  16. Markswift2003

Not sure - I have a lot of remuxes but seldom pay attention to bitrate.

However I can play the 400Mb/s Jellyfish demo over the network fine.

17. Larry Lo

Larry Lo New Member

i want to add that the v6.4.42 firmware was working fine in terms of video playback via HT. Also i have 8 USB HDDs in my hardware setup. The HDD sleep was not noticeable at all.

After the upgrade to the v6.4.62 firmware, here is the list of things that i did try, but none resolved the freeze:
    • tried to downgrade back to v6.4.42 via USB. however it would not allow it.
    • disabled the hourly time in the top right via the setup.
    • disabled the trailers. because for some of the TV series, it gave me some bogus trailer. also no control on the volume of the trailers. sometimes the start of the trailer gave me a fright because it was unexpected.
    • disabled the default screen saver.
    • did a factory reset. yes. it took me 3 weeks to reconfigure everything back. i would not say this was a loss for me, i took the opportunity to restructure some of my folders and disks. i think by the time i added the 5th media source it started to slow down. i can live with that.
    The freeze after video playback is the annoying feature. that certainly was not in the v6.4.42 version. it is definitely present (for me) in v6.4.62.

I have not configured back my custom slideshow pictures yet. Is there any limits on the file sizes, picture sizes, or resolution sizes? Because before on v6.4.42, my slideshow was crashing on something.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Yeah, that plays fine my end too....and I just retried that remux again and now it plays fine....random!

19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

there was an update file for HT That @Markswift2003 posted to address this issue. I think it was on one of the first 3 or 4 pages.

20. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

This firmware crashes HT4.0 when trying to access one of my Unraid NFS shares on my Z9X- but only one, all the others work fine. Any fix?

Ironically ZDMC can access the share using NFS just fine but it has its own set of problems.