Beta version v6.4.60 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Confirmed, online trailers don't work fine

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  2. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I have not updated yet, but mine has been doing that for months.

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  3. Robert Maharaj

Robert Maharaj New Member

Weather app worked for 3 days. No longer getting data.

4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Was expected but........

upload_2023-4-18_14-17-30.png

:p

Metaman, Visconti12 and Bill-Z9X like this.
  5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’m still waiting for the update for my UHD3000, so what’s wrong with the new update ?

6. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

honestly it looks like they saw our thread and saw that they were losing customers so they worked 3 days to come up with something just to make it look like they were working on something. oh, but at least we have a time feature that nobody asked for and prob took 1 hour to implement. Forget the advertisement of fully functioning Blu-ray menus that they loured people in with.

vddan and Bill-Z9X like this.
  7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

It has no added value.
    After 6 months since the last FW update, I expected something more than nothing.

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I agree with you but give them a try. At least they've shown up after many people believe gone!! ;)

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Don't agree. See my list of problems with the previous FW. I am running the _G version.
    A bugfix release was very urgent. ;)

The hourly chime gimmick wasn't exactly urgent. :D

My list to be checked:
    - The movie playback terminates early before reaching the end (mostly during scroll down of the movie end-credits)
    - Doing a pause and a resume the audio/subs may get out of sync when restarted. Occasionally it needs a full stop to get back to normal.
    - HDMI CEC doesn't work as before. It may be e.g. switching to Zidoo when watching another source being just being powered on. It worked far better on older releases.
    Seems to be solved now.
    - Music player won't start immediately a song using the Control Center for playback (may take many seconds to do so).
    Could not reproduce anymore. Seems solved.
    - Using Media Center the option to edit the filename may in fact trigger a spontaneous shutdown. Paying attention to the problem seen this happening now four times! Guess it happens doing cursor movements or fast backspaces to strip titles using my BT remote.
    - Zidoo Alpha won't play MCH Audio via HDMI with the TV being powered off (switches to 2CH). This works sometimes only being very lucky. This is reported separately as it makes Alpha useless to me (using Dual HDMI output then obviously)
    - The USB HDD Unmount and Mounts may take ages to pop-up. It is very variable when it happens.
    Could not reproduce anymore. Seems solved.

As these problems did not always happen. Status may change after using it longer?
    Most problems were reported by others too. So please have a look also please.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    Visconti12 and rozel like this.
  10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Full Blu-Ray Menu support is a basic function and needed asap.

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Unstickied - new release.

dr4go likes this.
  12. dr4go

dr4go Member

13. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i dont know how, but when i watch movie, suddenly at top right my screen show the clock about 5seconds then disappered
    where i can set that clock popup feature?

and yes trailer still did not work
    and weather i did not test it yet
    coz recently i barely watch movie in my Z9X

14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

In settings turn off the clock.

Screenshot_20230424-151429.png

15. rola

rola Member

You should try 6.4.62 my trailers is working with that firmware.

16. Boedha

Boedha New Member

"Also in some cases it is not possible to modify data. You get the error message "Network connection timeout" although I have a connection."
    Shortly after I get the message Library is empty!?

Is this a bug or an other problem?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023