Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Me too. Several times & triggered by different actions: adding/scanning source, opening a main menu item & on one occasion, when trying to play a file.
    I've never understood why this should be necessary. The machine itself reboots after installing an update. The same goes for the recommendation of doing a factory reset after each firmware update. What is this supposed to actually do?

While I appreciate the nature of/risk you take when installing betas is that certain functions may break, it's unusual & frustrating when faults vary so much between users. It's also a PITA when having to repeatedly factory reset or hard reset the box to then reconfigure everything. Doing this wouldn't be so bad if there was a system settings backup & restore function.

Letmein and B0RN like this.
  2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

From within Zidoo

Screenshot_20230425-071011.png Screenshot_20230425-071047.png Screenshot_20230425-071030.png

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  3. Netmask

From within PC WebUI For some reason they have loaded in reverse order.... Screen shot via dedicated print screen or prn scr key on PC keyboard and pasted into Corel

Screen04.jpg Screen03.jpg Screen02.jpg Screen01.jpg

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You were absolutly right : I have removed the only sentence with a question mark in the plot of the movie and bim, I could save my modifications again! Thanks for the trick. :)

This is definitely a bug that needs to be addressed.

Letmein likes this.
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yea im gonna have to convert down to previous new beta. This one keeps kicking me back to home screen when i stop a movie/tv show. Also, connected hard drive goes haywire for no reason at times. It'll try to take a deep breath after being suffocated it seems.
    Oh and tonight it unmounted one my hard drives by itself when i stopped a tv show. Had to rescan the whole library for that drive. Finally all the awesomeness of the device has caught up to my technology curse it seems.

Anyone has the instructions handy to down convert pls?

6. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Thank you very much.

I've never known this function exist. It just happened to me after this update.

7. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

It has always been recommended (and in this release, was essential for myself) to physically switch off and remove from the power point, after new firmware upgrades.
    I found anomalies occurring straight after the update (including losing connection to a couple of NAS's whilst keeping one), fixed themselves after a full power off/restart.
    For this release, it needed one on the second day as well. I did have to switch off the silly new half hour screen "time function" in Settings as it is strangely ON by default.....

It now is working fine again, for my daily use (4K & 1080p mkv's via ZDMC on Z1000Pro). :)

DELUCAS likes this.
  8. audiom3

audiom3 Member

Netmask, I am not quite sure how I'm losing you when describing this issue. I clearly stated custom "Movie Series" posters and the main "TV Series posters". Not individual movies. Not seasons within a series. Those are fine other than being placed in a different and rather odd spot. They're posters, so Zidoo may want to add the upload button to the... change poster area?
    Maybe some pics will better explain it to you. So here you go...

First pic is the choice of having only two options available, unlike everything else:

[​IMG]

And after you click the 'Modify Poster' option. There is nothing present since I created this movie series myself. And if you used one of Zidoo's own generated movie series, you'd only be able to select what TMDB lists, NOT your own from your PC:

[​IMG]

And finally, after you click the poster itself to drill down deeper into things... This is where they put the upload button for singular movies or TV Series seasons. But once you click inside the main poster for series or series of movies, you can't change anything about the main poster. Only the individual movies. This was always present prior to this firmware. Otherwise I'd have not uploaded my custom MCU 4k poster for the series of movies.

[​IMG]

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

its a tried method ive been using for many many years and well just works
    Many do it it just re sets the box and is then trouble free.

10. Netmask

ah yes on the web interface there isn’t a + symbol under the poster or backdrop that is present on the Zidoo interface, clicking on the + allows you to browse the attached disks and network. So you can store your own bespoke images and select them. The web interface doesn’t appear to have this facility.

11. Netmask

Yes I fell foul of that while trying to insert a synopsis. Had a question mark and quotes. Removed same and all was ok. My sentence also had a em- dash, it was ok. Definitely needs fixing.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

gymnos, dr4go, Rober and 4 others like this.
  13. Markswift2003

Can you summarise this issue so I can add it to a bugs list? Is it just a question mark causing problems?

14. Markswift2003

I can see ? causes a failure notification and % # causes a loop.

Quotes "" are ok

15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Maybe Zidoo Team need to look on other regex special characters + * ? ^ $ ( ) [ ] { } | \.

16. Markswift2003

+ * ^ $ ( ) [ ] { } | \ are ok

Only seems to be % & # ?

pcristi likes this.
  17. vddan

vddan Active Member

Gentlemen, a little advice: having HT4 that works badly at home, can I uninstall the APK of HT4 and put another APK from HT4 (for example that of September 2022)?
    Is there a risk or not for the zidoo?
    Thank you in advance for your answers .

18. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Python problematic characters @_!#$%^&*()<>?/\|}{~:

19. vddan

vddan Active Member

20. Markswift2003

Unfortunately not.

HT can be reliant on a particular firmware version and is also released in full and upgrade versions. Standalone apks are upgrades, so "unistalling" just takes you back to the last full version included in the last firmware.

For example, v4.2.51 I just posted above is an upgrade to v4.2.50 so "uninstalling" just takes you back to v4.2.50 which does not have an "Uninstall" option.

gymnos likes this.