Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. vddan

vddan Active Member

Well yes !!!! This is called two firmware for nothing, otherwise bring bugs!

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The new web interface is pretty nice but I have an issue changing the name of a movie : every time I have a « failed » message. I already tried the same action with 2 other videos and everything is ok. I don’t understand why this one seems to be « locked », no matter what I try to change in the datas. With the previous web interface, I could change it without any issue. Any idea?

For the rest, it’s a minor evolution for me, especially after 6 months waiting this release. The option to refresh the database is good but we still have some issues or developments awaiting. The clock stuff is completely pointless IMHO.

PS: I made a test about the accuracy of the scrape with this firmware and it doesn’t seem to like the commas or the apostrophes. Most of the movies not identified at the end had one in the name of the files. To ignore them when scanning the source should help to optimize the result of the scrape I bet.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  3. audiom3

audiom3 Member

Those are individual seasons within the series. I'm talking about the series poster itself. And a movie collection poster (ie John Wick Trilogy poster).

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm happy with it. Online trailers are back! :D

5. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

It appears that the issue with odd cast members for tvshows has been fixed, but it requires refreshing the metadata at both the season and episode levels to get it right.
    The new refresh function is greatly appreciated to help with this, but so far I have found the only way to refresh an episode is to go into the file listing under SOURCES and do them one by one. That is a bit of a daunting task when you have 1000+ episodes to correct.
    Any chance we could get the episode refresh function added to the batch editing menu? That would speed things along quite a bit.
    I understand the mod to the refresh function to honor NFO files is coming. Perhaps this change could be slipped in with that one.

6. khollister

khollister Member

After more checking, the N+2 DTS audio thing is NOT fixed. :mad:

Letmein and gymnos like this.
  7. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I get the same error message when the movie description contains a question mark. I could solve my problem by deleting it.

Temearoo likes this.
  8. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I pay my respects to Zidoo engineers. Trailers work. I had local checked in settings. I changed and now they work.

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

A few of us (at AVSF) are noticing while navigating in HT, the player kicks off to the Home screen on its own randomly after the new Beta. Anyone else see this?

darkeyes909 and Letmein like this.
  10. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I can confirm that

vddan, Letmein and B0RN like this.
  11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Which home screen? The Android one or the HT one?

12. Cineast

Cineast New Member

same here

Letmein and B0RN like this.
  13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Not noticed that
    & not heard of any reports my way of kicking off to home screen .

Did they reboot box after firmware update ?

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

The main blue Home screen, not the HT one.

15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

When you say Reboot, you mean just turn off and on again? I did that several times now after FW update.

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Im going to unplug it one time just in case and then see what happens.

17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

How about posting a screen shot or two (red button on remote) to illustrate the problem. “A picture is worth a thousand words :)

18. Netmask

For the record when I updated I didn’t bother rebooting or power off and the changes all took effect. Including putting the correct actors into my tv series Logan’s Run 1977. Prior to the U/D I had actors listed who hadn’t been born:p:p:p Subsequently I have powered off fir other reasons. No difference.

19. audiom3

audiom3 Member

I will post a screen shot when I have some time. But the Zidoo remote won't do any good as I'm talking about the web GUI. That's where I upload my custom posters from.

But it is simple enough for anyone to replicate. Open your movies, pick out any series of movies (Lord of the Rings, Jaws, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc, etc). Try to change the main movie series poster before clicking into the movies. Same with TV series posters - NOT the individual seasons within them.

20. Netmask

I mean what it currently looks at via zidoo would help.