Beta version v6.4.60 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2023.

1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

flashes clock on the hour if toggled on / off via LCD display.
    Even if display is in off position i would gather or if ascending / decending time is selected.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My list to be checked:
    - The movie playback terminates early before reaching the end (mostly during scroll down of the movie end-credits)
    - Doing a pause and a resume the audio/subs may get out of sync when restarted. Occasionally it needs a full stop to get back to normal.
    - HDMI CEC doesn't work as before. It may be e.g. switching to Zidoo when watching another source being just being powered on. It worked far better on older releases.
    - Music player won't start immediately a song using the Control Center for playback (may take many seconds to do so).
    Could not reproduce anymore. Seems solved.
    - Using Media Center the option to edit the filename may in fact trigger a spontaneous shutdown. Paying attention to the problem seen this happening now four times! Guess it happens doing cursor movements or fast backspaces to strip titles.
    - Zidoo Alpha won't play MCH Audio via HDMI with the TV being powered off (switches to 2CH). This works sometimes only being very lucky. This is reported separately as it makes Alpha useless to me (using Dual HDMI output then obviously)
    - The USB HDD Unmount and Mounts may take ages to pop-up. It is very variable when it happens.
    Could not reproduce anymore. Seems solved.

As these problems did not always happen. Status may change after using it longer?
    Most problems were reported by others too. So please have a look also please.

So far so good. Played a movie, listened some music and did not observe anything of the above (yet).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
  3. thivame

thivame Active Member

I took the step and installed the latest update...
    So far I don't see much difference... and some of the features asked for are not there...
    I wish I could refresh my series that are without info"...
    But thank you for those to whom it brings something
    Big snifff

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I must admit I like the onscreen time at half past and the hour. However I have a bug. For example if the time is approaching 19:00 (7pm) the screen flashes 18:59 but then immediately changes to 06:59 and then to 07:00. Odd behaviour. Anyone else seen this?

vddan likes this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I agree. Zidoo seem to be unable to provide a persistent feature It's probably best if they remove the online version and continue to support local trailers only

6. Edworld

Edworld Member

@mirror

Can you take a look at default subtitles? Regardless of the settings, Zidoo displays the first subtitle in the mkv file.

Also related to subtitles, if you pause the movie and subtitles are displayed, the screen saver kicks in but the zidoo continues to display the subtitles.

Thanks

mytich and rockmeloman like this.
  7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I watched a youtube video of Zappiti rack mount player that highlighted a feature of the new OS that lets you specify intro videos such as I would guess DTS-X Atmos. It would be really easy to add that feature I feel, with a random folder function of intros for the tags used such as AC3, DTS-X Atmos, DTS-HD 3D, etc. You could either select one , or from a folder of them. It already has a database intro for the most popular codecs. a light version of cinema experience on kodi if you will. (very light)

It should be optional and indicated by and "I" icon similar to A,B, desigations for different versions. once the "intro" plays the main feature plays. Seems simple enough, right? It would be up to you, the director, to start with intro or title movie

Rob W likes this.
  8. thivame

thivame Active Member

Could a great leader take into consideration the request for refreshment?
    Indeed, it should not be so complicated... it would be enough that when we click again on "identify", that the old data of the movies or the TV series are erased and replaced by the new data so that the resume, can appear when they become available ....
    There is the refreshment of metadata why not of data
    thank you very much

EDIT:
    With this last FW the Zidoo has a lot of difficulties to scratch the tv series.
    example: for 6 episodes of a season of yellowstone, it found the first 3 and not the rest
    With 1883 and/or 1923 he can't find anything and manually it's chaotic
    example: I was obliged to write "19" to choose in the list "1923" because with "1923" or "192" it did not work for 1883 as well.
    I haven't tested it yet for the movies

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    vddan likes this.
  9. jpgeek70

jpgeek70 New Member

waiting the new firmware for Z1000 PRO...

fsim2000 likes this.
  10. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Yes I would like that too. It's also a good way to test your sound system before a main feature if you can have an atmos intro. New trailers could be dumped in another folder and pre determined number played randomly before the movie. That is the movie experience I am looking for. I don't want to watch a trailer for the movie I have already decided to watch as I have already decided that at the purchase/download stage. In the cinema they show trailers for different movies. Like you say it's very easy to add and works with local files.

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Let me understand... all these comments cuz trailers dont work? Lmao... how about yall try youtube or just watch the movie you already have. This is not a trailer device hehe
    Flame shield [ON]

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Everybody has different habits and preferences. ;)

For me I always get Full BD ISO's but love the option to play those without having to go through the many trailers. Only occasional do watch a trailer to check if I might like that movie. That is before the actual download mostly. :)

3DBuff and B0RN like this.
  13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, this is about a pre-roll - could be trailers, could be cinema idents, could be Dolby/DTS demos etc.

Those who went to the cinema in the UK in the 70s and 80s might appreciate this one I made a few years back ;)

https://mega.nz/file/YP5S0JRL#gvQmm1UVawP2kYClu2Of6Qimuqe98iSwdVCisPzgsa0

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Lol - nice one. Always remember the awful advert for a curry house with the immortal line - "a hundred yards from this cinema"

15. Markswift2003

Brilliant - yes, they were all just a hundred yards away!! :D

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Im all about pre-rolls... always watch full rips with these and having to sit through language selections and piracy warnings but trailer of the movie u already got and about to watch don't make much sense to me.

nc88keyz likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

I use trailers a lot to chose a movie - very very handy.

But I must admit I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about online trailers because with local ones I chose which trailer and in what quality instead of being at the behest of YouTube and all the crap quality ones out there.

xskip, nc88keyz and B0RN like this.
  18. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Agreed, your point about not wanting to watch trailers for a movie that I have already decided on watching is spot on. FWIW, I am already using the digital signage mode for new trailers that have been released , and it auto rolls upon the launch of the zidoo player. What it DOES NOT do is refresh that folder target that is assigned to the playlist under digital signage mode, This would be very simple for zidoo to implement and tweak but again, will they.? I use a python script on my NAS to fetch the new trailers once a day from apple, youtube, etc. I wipe the directory every 90 days and its size is roughly 20-30GB maybe. on a rolling basis with about 120-140 some trailers. ( the size of an average size 4k remux). These trailers would be nice to queue from the "intro" desired feature. Like you said set the number of videos and allow us to source match an intro for the audio codec. which again , is already present information in the meta data for each database entry. If HT was open source, there would be a lot of nice things done to patch it up nicely, intros, trailers, audio intros, and personal api key injections.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

But you agree, it would be very simple to code this into HT.

Prerolls, Audio Intros, Intermission, Outros, if you like.

You add a tab for Extras right before sources, You allow audio intro folder, Personalized Cinema Folder, Preroll Trailers folder. Done.

It is nothing more than a dedicated playlist basically, however HT does not support playlists at this time.

Personalized API entry would solve their online trailer issue, if they really wanted to fix it. They are using youtubedl binaries in their source code. Just enabled personal APIs and the downtime issue would subside, just as they have on kodi and other apps that use same binaries.

These are just very minor improvements that add a lot to the theater experience for many that own these clients.

20. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

But you take care of the local trailers, and the effort is not to be underestimated. Online trailers, if they work, really don't need any effort.