PlexToZidoo : An external player for plex using native Zidoo player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

2. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Seems to be with clean installs newer than 9.13. I am not sure if it's Zidoo or the software. It's okay to update to the newer build after switching to TV mode, and if you are just upgrading then you won't notice the issue. If you want to experience the fun you can clear your cache for the plex app. I didn't try the beta but the last few officials all had the issue.

3. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Ugh. Sounds like I need to just keep upgrading to avoid the issue. Thanks for he heads up!

4. Suramen

Suramen New Member

Sorry I can't test. same problem than Rob W, plex installation issue with 9.13.0.37280. If I select mobile Mode at first I can connect but I can't do anything on the home page. So no access to the menu to choose the player or to switch to TV Mode. If I choose the TV mode at first I can play videos but with the Plex Exo Player (that can't see Dovi) and can't choose the player in the parameters.

5. Dezed13

Dezed13 New Member

I believe the way to do it is to hook up a usb keyboard / mouse or Bluetooth to do the initial setup in mobile layout. Then change the external player, then switch to tv mode.

6. Suramen

Suramen New Member

I u
    I use a usb keyboard. I can connect to the plex interface but the screen is frozen and no possibility to access to the menu. I need the mouse to navigate in the app ?

7. Dezed13

Dezed13 New Member

yea you need a mouse.

8. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

As is stated in the README on github:
    • You might need to use the mouse mode on the remote to navigate while in mobile layout.
    The remote(at least the one that came with my Z9X) has a mouse button. Click it to activate mouse mode and then navigate with the remote, when you're done click the mouse button again to deactivate mouse mode. Otherwise a usb keyboard does work for most things.

9. Suramen

Suramen New Member

OK I install Plex with Mobile mode with mouse and keyboard, select external player, goes on TV mode and set up plex to zidoo v1.3 with "Part of the path to replace" = "/volume1/Video,/volume2/Video V2" "Replaced with" = "smb://192.168.x.y/Video,smb://192.168.x.y/Video V2". When I lunch a movie I can see the plex to zidoo screen with the information of the file, but i have a message "unable to play video". something goes wrong but I can't see where.

10. bowlingbeeg

Did you put in the correct IP address, username, and password? Can you attach a screenshot of the PlexToZidoo debug screen so that we can see what substitution was used?

11. Suramen

Suramen New Member

Here is the screen shot

Attached Files:

12. bowlingbeeg

It looks like it made the substitution correctly based on your input. Is "Video V2" the right directory for that movie?

13. Suramen

Suramen New Member

Yes. i have a message "unable to play video". I will do a clean install again tomorow and I will tell you about.

14. bowlingbeeg

The "unable to play" message is coming from the zidoo player because it can't access the file. Without knowing how you have everything setup on your NAS it's hard for me to say why it can't get to the file. Common issues are incorrect path or password but you've said they look right. Can you post a screen shot of your PlexToZidoo settings page?

15. bowlingbeeg

I think I know what the problem is. Your substitution has "/smb...". That "/" shouldn't be there. Look at your settings and make sure you have "/volume2..." in your "Part of the path to replace" and that the "Replaced with" doesn't have "/smb..."

16. Suramen

Suramen New Member

I uninstall Plex and Plex to Zidoo. clear cache. Install Plex on mobile mode.try to play a video => OK. Select external Player. Configure Plex to Zidoo. You can see a print screen of my configuration. I think I have respect your requirements. Try to play a video with Plex : unable to play. You can see on the PlexToZidoo debug screen that you have effectively the "/smb". Don't see where is the issue. thanks for your help

Attached Files:

17. Dezed13

Dezed13 New Member

Part of the path to replace
    /volume1/Video, volume2/Video V2

instead should be
    /volume1/Video,/volume2/Video V2

you’re missing a / in the second path before volume2

bowlingbeeg likes this.
  18. bowlingbeeg

I heard back from @gogo789 who said he wouldn't be able to particiate any further because of other commitments so I've now officially taken over this project. I had a moderator update the original post to point to my github so anybody new should find the right one easily.

lawdawg and Gilgamesh like this.
  19. Suramen

Suramen New Member

Damned ! shame on me. thanks a lot for your help. it works partially. The video doesn't lunch for two of my libraries (Cinématheque and Téléchargés) that are hudges (5000 films). I link the print screen

Attached Files:

20. bowlingbeeg

PlexToZidoo did the substitution so are you saying that the zidoo player is giving you the "unable to play" message? Does the path look correct on the substitution line?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.