Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

100% + deserved

Oldpainless likes this.
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ok agree with all that ........... but we don't know more about Zidoo ??

3. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Good evening. I have a problem with the subtitles. As soon as I want to put the subtitles the video stops, crashes and sends me back to the home page of my zidoo z1000pro. I have tried different settings and different formats uhd and fhd and it's the same. I don't know what to do.
    Do you have a setting to give me.
    Thanks[/CITATION]
    Hello. No one has had this problem? I don't understand what's going on. I have mainly PGS subtitles. This happens on 1080p or 2160p files. When this happens, I have to turn off the player for the video to play properly. If I don't turn off the player and restart the video, I get a "can't play video.
    I have a panasonIc ez950 ,denon avc 4700 and my hdmi cables are belkin certified 48Gb/S
    Maybe an EDID problem?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

No, not likely an EDID problem... most likely a problem due to an improper file/Subtitle authoring problem.. Are you not using the original subtitle PGS files from the disc and adding separate PGS subtitle files to the original movie files? Maybe if you post an example of one your problem files MediaInfo report, someone here can identify what the issue is. PGS subtitles should work just fine.

5. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

6. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

I don't know if this is what is needed.

7. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

8. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

9. sebna

sebna Member

Who is Mark?

10. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

the same thing has been happening to me for years. I reported it over a year ago and was ignored. it happens with different subtitle tracks, not just pgs. has been happening with almost everything I watch unless It is forced. it is the action of changing the subtitle that causes it to crash cause after a reboot and a little trial and error it will play the subtitle track fine, but it always crashes the first time.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  11. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

I have already done a factory reset with no improvement. If I do a flash of the player. Do you have the right procedure to follow.
    Thank you for your help.

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, this is interresting. I used to have this issue too a few firmwares ago (really don't remember which ones), but now since at least 3 or 4 FWs I don't have the issue anymore. I use both PGS and srt subtitles with my muxes and all works correctly on my unit.

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

honestly, I don't think I've switched subtitles in a while cause I got sick of it crashing all the time. I'll check it in a few hours and update this after I test it.

14. Edworld

Edworld Member

I gave up on the subtitles about a month ago

15. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. For us French, the French versions are often in dolby digital so if we want atmos to watch a good movie we must go through the original version and therefore the subtitles if we want to understand the film.

16. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Are you sure Zappiti is in liquidation? At this moment I'm having contact with support team and receiving a prompt answer.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, very sure.

https://actulegales.fr/recherche/siren/894071620

Zappiti themselves confirmed it but it depends what the appointed liquidators decide to do and how amenable the creditors are.

The big problem as I see it is that it's a compulsory liquidation rather than a voluntary one, so it's the creditors who have instigated it rather than the company.

As soon as a company realises they are, or are about to be, trading insolvently, the shareholders have a legal duty to appoint a liquidator otherwise they can be held responsible, but if you don't and then can't pay the bills, the creditors can do it, which is much worse - that seems to be the case here.

However if a third party can take on the financial responsibility they can trade out of it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
    xskip likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That is very nasty for owners as the Zappiti MovieWall is client/server based. That is the main differentiator with other player brands.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
    Six66Mike likes this.
  19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Wow, I was dealing quite fine with Zappiti cloud sharing the movies bookcase in two different sites by SMB. I'm afraid need to find a replacement device for such fine work which is not delivered by my Z9X (you can review my old threads/posts regarding such issue).

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Exactly what I really appreciate and using for many years!!