KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yay, thank you! Time to install zdmc again and give it a whirl. I've used it extensively on Shield Pro so know how to start out with the basic settings but there's a tons of hidden features and add-ons that I haven't been able to utilize on the Z9X.

2. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Is AFR working in any of these builds?

3. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Assuming you are asking about auto frame-rate adjustments by the player, of course it works!
    ZDMC uses the Zidoo hardware player, which works very well and is based on whatever Settings are made for your own system (including VS10).
    If it works in Zidoo's File Manager and HT4, it should work the same in ZDMC :)

4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Sorry, I should have been clearer - is AFR working in any of the Kodi non-ZDMC builds? (I'm familiar with how ZDMC works...)

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Download KODI 20 Nexus RC 2 Nearly there for those that req ……

6. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

1. I tried both the previous version of Kodi v20 nexus listed above and ZDMC, both are giving me stutter. Resolution is set to 2160p - 23Hz and GUI to Auto. Frame Rate set to update on start and stop. Anything I am missing or should be doing to get rid of the stutter?
    2. In addition ton stutter, got horrible audio sync issues.
    3. I set the DVD menus to play main movie instead of Menu etc. but when clicking on files, it will still open up BDVM folders instead of playing movies on UHD. I dont think BD has this setting but regardless, majority of my files are UHD BDMV folders. As a workaround I can long press the title and choose PLAY from there for now but would like to have a better solution.
    4. Is it possible to combine all files from different external sources into one list?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Anyone?

8. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

I tried it on Z9S and had no problems.
    4. You create your library from differnet sources.
    Maybe you should experiment with Kodi on your PC first to familiarize yourself with the behaviour.

9. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

1 & 2. If your HT4 or File Manager playback is ok, ZDMC should be identical for all HD and above (unless you have changed some Kodi settings perhaps?).
    4. sources works same as Kodi. I have multiple NAS' and external HDD's and the Library function keeps track of all - in Movies, TV Shows & Music. I normally use Video/Files to access folders from each separate source, as I find that easier to find stuff with my setup and rather large library. I keep different genres on separate drives (like Sci-fi/horror NAS, TV NAS, Action/thriller NAS etc).
    Kodi keeps track of movies and includes them, even when the source is switched off, unlike HT4. Best way to locate network sources is to use Zeroconf browser setting rather than SMB.

10. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Nope AFR doesn't work. Also after watching HDR, the GUI doesn't switch back to SDR.

Oldpainless likes this.
  11. chadamir

chadamir New Member

Are there any limits on how many movies you can scrape with zdmc?

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Not that I've found (and I have a lot....... , as well as TV Series) :)
    If Kodi does have a library limit, then it is possible, but it would be a very high number!
    A member of the Kodi forum quoted 11,000 movies and 550 TV series as not being an issue (in 2019).

13. chadamir

chadamir New Member

On the zidoo?

14. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Yes, it runs ZDMC as a front end with the full normal library functions of Kodi software and its database functions.
    It simply uses the Zidoo hardware player and settings, for all playing of HD and above, rather than the Kodi software player.
    If you are unsure, simply install and check it out. It will run at the same time as HT4, so you don't need to have only one.

For a large library with multiple sources, I found it to be considerably faster (but not as modern or flash looking) compared to HT4.
    Movies and TV Series sources are also kept separated.

15. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Kodi 19.5 is out. Is there any chance for ZDMC 19.5?

16. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

MATRIX 19.5

Download

17. chadamir

chadamir New Member

Anyone have any good tutorials for getting it all set up? Tmdb isn't scraping all the posters

18. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

19. DMD

DMD Member

Who knows when it will be released in ZDMC version.

20. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Is ZDMC support HDR10+? I have DV/HDR10+ TV but when I'm trying to stream HDR10+ movies it's only HDR10.