Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

Hey guys I just bought my zidoo z9x and i am waiting it to arrive at my home, but to save time i have a doubt about how to use DV.
    I have all my movie collection in BDMV format, some have DV Fel, Others DV Mel, and others are just HDR, I have a LG OLED C9 so it doesnt support HDR10+.
    My question is, when i play a DV movie (either FEL or MEL) and HDR is set to auto, it will trigger DV automatic on my TV? (I realize that i need to reproduce my movie skipping the menus since it doesnt support DV with menus)
    And with normal HDR movie, if I set HDR to auto will NOT trigger DV on my TV?
    And now my final question, if i want to improve normal HDR content to DV, i need to choose VS10 option? from what i understand this new firmware improves normal HDR to better looking DV with vs10?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, in Auto, HDR will be HDR and DV will be DV.

It also supports DV with menus. (There are a couple of instances where this is not the case but that will be addressed in the next firmware)

You can decide yourself once you get the unit whether you prefer to use VS10 to convert HDR (and/or SDR) to DV.

Paulo Pedullo, B0RN and vddan like this.
  3. vddan

vddan Active Member

You can tell us more about the DV with the new firmware! :);)

B0RN likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

No I can't :) ;) :p

B0RN likes this.
  5. vddan

vddan Active Member

Why ........ it would be interesting !!

6. Markswift2003

It's not been released yet...

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

When it comes out, we will have to explain the new settings to us. :cool:;)

8. Markswift2003

Don't get too excited, it's just a fix for some DV BDMVs where the movie is played in HDR10 instead of DV...

B0RN and xskip like this.
  9. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ah! Ok .......... Well we still wait for this new firwware!

xskip likes this.
  10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Christmas gift? 3 days remaining :D

11. vddan

vddan Active Member

Let's dream .........:rolleyes:

12. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

I love that firmware work is continually being done on this box....Even more than this, I love the fact that each firmware update so far has actually brought improvements without breaking anything!

That has not been true with my NVIDIA SHIELD. Please do not release anything until it is ready!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

To the point

14. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

Thanks, cant wait to see what vs10 will do to non DV content, also can i use Qobuz to stream hi res 24bit 192khz music to my receiver with the z9x?

15. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Is it a known bug, or is anyone else experiencing “sticky keys” with this particular firmware? Ever since I updated, occasionally when pressing info, menu, arrow keys, etc. it will double press or repeat like I pressed the button twice even though I only pressed it once. It’s very sporadic and random, but a nuisance nonetheless. This did not happen in past firmware. Just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this and if it would be worked on in future firmware.

16. Markswift2003

No idea - never used Qobuz.

17. Markswift2003

Nope - check the batteries. Also check the Long Press Response time in settings.

18. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

New firmware v6.7.46 available for Neo Alpha.
    But I don't know if it's release or beta, and I don't have the change-log.
    If someone have the informations ?

19. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Where did you find this ?
    Because here is silence.... :)

serg fedorov likes this.
  20. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

561BAFC3-C1B4-408E-8E6B-BED73423F3B2.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    pcristi and serg fedorov like this.