Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

On players using the Black GUI it is even worse as the APP can be accessed only via Setup.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think it's better - it's a media player, not a weather station ;)

Deano86 and Nice Monkey like this.
  3. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

Home Theater Source Selection Bug:

Hi there, upgrading from 6.3.92-G to 6.4.20-G wiped out all my Home Theater 4.0 posters. now it shows “no posters”. it was working fine before upgrading. i was able to connect to a SMB fine, and the files were scanned and added. i am using an SMB connection to a synology NAS.

now when i go to “sources” the Home Theatre app just crashes to the home screen.

adding the same SMB sources to Media Center works fine and plays back fine.

is anyone else having this problem or can offer a fix? i tried a factory reset and clearing poster wall data, and reinstalling 6.4.20 but it didn’t help.

downgrading to 6.3.92 fixes the problem.

4. Nice Monkey

#29 was fixed with Zidoo Controller v1.9.97 it seems. Was tested by me well above 2000.

dr4go likes this.
  5. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

For me, during the last 10-15 seconds or so, the audio on my Z9X drops out and the rest of the film plays without audio, usually during the end credits. This has been happening for months on every firmware I've tried with many mkv files, ISOs and disc folders. What is the reason this is happening? This doesn't happen with my Dune with the same files.

If it's a short clip or something that doesn't have end titles, then it's literally cutting off during the last 10-15 seconds of the actual program audio in the short feature/clip, since when it's over there's no end credits. If it's a normal film, then it's the last 10-15 seconds of the end credits where the audio cuts off. It's frustrating because I like to let the credits play out and enjoy the music, and often it cuts out just before it's over, so while the music is still playing, just before the final 10-15 seconds of music ends.

6. Sam Abraham

Sam Abraham New Member

I am using auto frame rate only. I installed smart youtube app and it changes frame rates to match the video.
    Recently I updated to 6.4.42 and I added hdfury arcana and changed hdr to lldv. All media files are working good.
    The smart YouTube app won’t change frame rate though. It always stays at 60fps. 24p/25fps local media videos work fine at correct framerate. I’m using scaler off in hdfury.
    If I press info button while watching YouTube, it opens youtube settings and won’t show video info. So I am not sure what vs10 is doing.
    Is anyone using smart YouTube app having this issue?

7. Nice Monkey

This is more one for Mark. It is out of my knowledge area. I suggest to ask him instead, but maybe anybody else?

@ursiel
    Next view I will watch the last seconds too. Frankly never do so normally.

8. Markswift2003

Auto frame rate in settings relates to the local Realtek player and not the Android framework player that online sources use.

These devices do not really support streaming apps and nor were they designed to so it's no surprise this doesn't work. Even the Shield struggles with auto frame-rate for streaming services, and that's licensed for them! Generally it's the complacency of streaming app devs who seem to think no-one will notice if everything is presented at 60Hz.

9. Nice Monkey

With recent FW's including V6.4(7).42 multiple inconveniences, instabilities and quirks were introduced. These are not included in this list.
    It surprises me above all that no correction FW was made available to at least remedy these.

vddan, Visconti12 and darky_zidoo like this.
  10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yeah @Nice Monkey, we're really surprised to see the poor response from Zidoo devs/members since last firmware

11. Markswift2003

Can you give examples - I haven't found any regressions in recent firmware. Admittedly little has been fixed, but I've not seen any steps backwards.

12. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Mark swift 2003 - Please tell me if there is any news on the release of the new firmware?

13. Nice Monkey

I have seen many which were all reported here by others too:
    - The movie playback terminates early before reaching the end (mostly during scroll down of the movie end-credits)
    - Doing a pause and a resume the audio/subs may get out of sync when restarted. Occasionally it needs a full stop to get back to normal.
    - HDMI CEC doesn't work as before. It may be e.g. switching to Zidoo when watching another source being just being powered on. It worked far better on older releases. Just get a Dune to see how it should work.
    - Music player won't start immediately a song using the Control Center for playback (may take many seconds to do so).
    - Using Media Center the option to edit the filename may in fact trigger a spontaneous shutdown. Paying attention to the problem seen this happening now four times! Guess it happens doing cursor movements or fast backspaces to strip titles.
    - Zidoo Alpha won't play MCH Audio via HDMI with the TV being powered off (switches to 2CH). This works sometimes only being very lucky. This is reported separately as it makes Alpha useless to me (using Dual HDMI output then obviously)
    - The USB HDD Unmount and Mounts may take ages to pop-up. It is very variable when it happens.
    Etc. I am sure still missed some.

None of the above occurs always. You simple never know when. It above all is very irritating.
    Tried a factory reset which did not improve and observe them on all models.
    I am playing full BD's only and do so mostly via using the option to play without BD menu and never use HT to start them. Use Control Center to select and start.

For me it is a bad FW version. Switched back to Neo X as my main player.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  14. Markswift2003

Hmm - difficult ones to pin down then.

I've never seen the first two or the issues with the remote control/power down.

I'd use a pointy stick before I'd use CEC but I take your point - but that's kind of never worked has it?

As for the Alpha - yeah, that's incredibly irritating!

15. Markswift2003

Nope, it's radio silence at the moment.

cVVGLabs likes this.
  16. Nice Monkey

I am thinking about reverting to an older FW version, but lost track which one to use for that.
    Music Player got some essential fixes though which I would then dearly miss.

17. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

I'm having a bit of an issue with HT4.0. It seems like if a folder name is changed (or a video file removed within a folder), it corrupts HT4.0. Had the below happen:

1. First time, I removed a video and added 2 videos. HT4.0 seemed to lose connections to the SMB folder. Tried re-adding/removing. Wouldn't fix it. Had to reset HT 4.0. That fixed it.

2. Last night, added 2 videos, and changed 1 folder name. HT4.0 scraper broke. TMDB and TVDB wouldn't find anything (for any file or any search). Resetting HT 4.0 didn't fix it. Had to reset the entire Zidoo back to factory settings. That fixed it.

Just thought I'd mention it. Could just be SMB weirdness, not 100% sure. Just seems like HT4.0 gets corrupted rather easily. Apologies if this is more for the HT4.0 thread and not Zidoo firmware as a whole.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  18. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I've mentioned several times and even created a separate thread about the audio being cut off of video playback during the last 5-10 seconds of the file. It doesn't happen on every file but it happens frequently and if it happens once on a file it will always happen on that file. Standard mkv files. This has been happening for ages on my player across multiple firmwares and even a reset.

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It seems like a period after quake... no sound, silence :rolleyes:

20. Edworld

Edworld Member

Last night I experienced the Zidoo turning on randomly, I have CEC turned off on everything.