New firmware v1.2.7 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario Johnson

Mario Johnson New Member

Since v1.2.7 update my player seems to struggle playing video files off a USB stick (xvid avi files). When first switched on it seems ok then after about 5 minutes they won't play, you have to do a re-boot or sometimes a complete power off from the mains to get them to play. Anyone else experienced this ?

2. agmarco

agmarco Member

If you unplug your USB stick please feel the connector part. In my case all USB devices connectors get very hot. Not sure what causes this. Might be the heat starts to kick in after 5 minutes.

3. negher

negher Member

HDMI-CEC function only in English .... Chinese Mystery

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

When we feel it got ready.
    We're keep fixing and improving, it'll be released when updates accumulated engough. It's not a pipeline so there's not exactly timetable. In generally we'll release it monthly.

Michele985 likes this.
  5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Replace the xvid files with mkv files then try it again?

6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Can certain members not apply to download nightly's, where they agree to fill in bug reports in one section of the forum only?
    Advanced rats.

7. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't get your meaning. If you say where to report bugs, please just post them to this forum.

8. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

Hi Freeroc

i did a reset in zidoo theater, then i add samba share again and IT WORKS (2 volume on Nas and expansion box) :)
    movie search improved a lot, but many movies are fetched wrong, after i correct title too..
    in IMDB database every movie has an ID, it starts with TT..... adding this in EDIT could solve all title issue
    there are another bug in title: the apostrophe. example: L' ultimo dei Mohicani is fetched L" ultimo dei Mohicani

9. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

What do you mean? ' became " ? when? More details plz.

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

freeroc, is a common problem during programming. In many scripting languages both " and ' are used to delimit strings, but in a whole possibly complex string like a movie title both may appears and must be handled as the literal character, not as string separator.
    About the wrong fetching of movie title, I saw a similar behaviour in a Kodi addon able to find streaming movie and tv program: searching a complex title reports also movies with only some if not one only of the original title words. In your case you have choosen avoiding to let (or force) users to select the best match (correct to make the program not a nightmare to use) but seems that the rules are still not well optimized...
    Those above are my thought, maybe I'm wrong...

11. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Can you guys give me a good example?
    Because this one L' ultimo dei Mohicani , I can not search it out in IMDB or TMDB by computer either.

12. kayama728

hi

ok, i have A bug's life - megaminimondo in my share, zidoo search starts and fetch A bug"s life....
    so all movies that have ' in title are fetched with "

13. kayama728

new bug in zidoo theater:
    in DEVICE, i select a folder to update the wall with new movie, after START SCAN ends no one movie can be played anymore

14. negher

negher Member

A guide to better use HDMI IN?
    Thank you.

15. PacoRabanne

Look here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104691/
    Look down until "Also Known As:" you find the italian title as "L'ultimo dei Mohicani" (without a space between "L'" and "ultimo", indeed this is the right italian syntax).
    Anyway, if Zidoo Theater is unable to find correctly other language titles except english or perfectly written, is pointless.

My very personal opinion: I don't like Zidoo Theater, I higly prefer a compact list with only filenames as in Zidoo filemanager.
    But what I don't like of Zidoo filemanager are missing uPnP/DLNA support and file lists that aren't looping from bottom to top and viceversa (like in Kodi/ZDMC) but going over list beginning brings to top bar (I know is a needew way to access it, but anyhow I don't like it...).

16. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

There's no exactly result. Look, IMDB just gave suggested results:
    "
    Results for "L'ultimo dei Mohicani"
    Jump to: Titles
    Titles
    The Last of the Mohicans (1992)
    aka "L'ultimo dei Mohicani"
    Hawkeye (1994) (TV Series)
    aka "L'ultimo dei mohicani"
    Last of the Mohicans (1977) (TV Movie)
    Last of the Redmen (1947)
    Fall of the Mohicans (1965)

"

Then the theater picked one of them , Fall of the Mohicans(1965).

17. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

IMG_7913.JPG
    I created a file by the name "A bug's life .mp4" , and scan it again.
    Here was it comes.
    No problem I seen.

18. Mike-zidoo

Mike-zidoo New Member

Hello! Does anyone have problems playing youtube? I have serious lags, playing videos. Lags occures playing any video on any resolution. help?

19. dennys84

dennys84 Member

100% agreed. Looping scroll would be very nice

PacoRabanne likes this.
  20. PacoRabanne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.