Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. PLAYRZ

PLAYRZ New Member

Movies files are all in BDMV folder structure with the soundtrack files placed outside of the folder using [Movie name]-soundtrack01.extension. This was working OK prior to this update. Wasn't aware of 'theme' feature. How/what has changed?

2. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

This is very surprising. The Ethernet port is gigabit, so unless you were connecting it to a 10/100 switch, the Ethernet should be faster and give more headroom than even the fastest wifi.

with that being said, watching my first movie on my z9x (installed this after setting it up) and I’ve had a couple stutters/freezes and audio dropouts playing back DV BD rips. Might have to try switching to wifi as a test.

3. zxs

zxs New Member

It's works well.
    upload_2022-8-1_10-41-12.png

4. PLAYRZ

PLAYRZ New Member

So the soundtrack file now needs to be nested inside the movie folder with the format theme.extension ? Is this correct?

5. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Thanks Mark. So I have always just let the Zidoo scan my library, pulling in the info from TVDM and TMDB, and online trailers don't work.

Here is the video I posted in the thread earlier showing the error in action:

So, for me at lest, online trailers are not working in this firmware.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    vddan likes this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You gad-about! But very nice though - we're taking our first foreign break in 3 years later this week, going to our favourite place since 1999 - Kassiopi Corfu. Thing is I don't know whether to keep viewing the forum or not - for last couple of years it's been compulsive viewing! - I just love my Z1000 Pro :)

blenky likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah right - so it's at least trying to load...

Try adding a new movie that's not in your library and see if that works - if you don't have a movie to use, just grab any old mkv file for example:

https://mega.nz/file/4TYiibiQ#maXJXnfgdzN_WYbn31afXbXUKjYZDmpasvmKyOGyRjs

Rename it to a movie you don't have and add to HT and see if the trailer comes through..

8. Markswift2003

Nothing quite like sitting outside with a glass and something cool on a balmy evening watching the sunset and browsing the Zidoo forum ;)

Enjoy the break and the Greek hospitality! Yamas!

leonkoum, Cranks and rozel like this.
  9. Oldpainless

Thanks Mark - will give it a try and report back.

Update - added a new movie, and unfortunately it has the same issue, in as it find 2 trailers and fails to play (as per my video).

Any other ideas? Is it possible it's trying to play a file that the Zidoo can't play? Like av1? Youtube have started adding this codec, as well as the normal hevc stuff, and of course the SOC doesn't support av1 (I've tried a local av1 file, and get the same error message)....just thinking out load.

Update 2 - I've run a debug, and happy to post the files/Pm if it would help Mark?

Update 3 - something interesting in the debug logs:

567 W/System.err( 3563): com.yausername.youtubedl_android.YoutubeDLException: Fatal Python error: init_sys_streams: can't initialize sys standard streams

vddan likes this.
  10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Depends on the location temperature as Zidoo forum is getting hot during these days :mad:

rozel likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Weird - as I say, yesterday I completely reset the database, re-scanned everything and all the trailers I tried worked ok.

Since it doesn't work on a newly added movie I'm wondering if it's a regional issue - whereabouts are you?

12. Oldpainless

England.

13. Markswift2003

Ah. Me too. Not that then.

I just tried what I asked you to do and added a dummy mkv with a the name of a movie I'd never have in my library (The Last Witch Hunter) and except for the initial 20 odd second delay, the trailer started fine.

What movie was the one you tried last - I'll it try here.

14. Oldpainless

the greatest showman (2017) is the last film I added to HT after the update.

Is there any chance that this bug (?) only affects the 1000pro?

Come to think of it, I did add this movie previously and deleted it, so an entry may still exist in the database, so will try what you have suggested (a movie I've never had) and report back later.

If this works, then it's a ball ache, as I have to reset and rematch a lot of movies....

15. Markswift2003

Ok - not one I have, so again I added a dummy file and again the trailers play fine.

It really shouldn't be device dependent - they all have essentially the same firmware with just extra dangly bits for those with DACs etc - the video stuff is all the same though.

Maybe a factory reset? (backup the database and take note of setting first)

16. Oldpainless

Doesn't a factory reset delete apps and data, as in downloaded posters for movies etc etc?

And thanks for the help Mark.

17. Markswift2003

Yep, it does exactly what it says on the tin - that's why I say backup your HT database first (and Music Player if you use that).

18. ofir

ofir Member

It also says that there is support for additional languages besides English
    But it is impossible to work in the Hebrew language and certainly in other languages.

And no one cares or tries to fix it.
    I have to work in English because of that.

19. Steven Jeffery

Steven Jeffery New Member

I started getting stuttering and audio dropouts about 4 months ago on the 1000pro. This has happened on 3 different occasions and the only fix I've found is a full factory reset, which means starting from scratch :( I'm guessing it's a bug with latest firmware? Anyone know?

20. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I flashed firmware 0.22, then installed 4.20, scanned the film library in alternative mode.
    Aquaman has lost its cast and director list. The online trailer is working.
    I remembered that a user with an Intersteller movie had such a problem.
    The solution is to go to the hard drive where the movies are stored and delete 3 files, the fourth file is the movie itself, of course you don’t need to delete it. Then scan the disk again in alternative mode. The cast and director will once again be visible, as will the online trailers.