Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

My Z9X arrived yesterday and the first movie we watched (4k DV BD rip) had this. It only did it for about the first 2/3 of the movie, but I'm really hoping it's not already hosed after only being alive for about 3 hours.

2. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I did a factory reset and it didn't solve it. Atleast..not for all movies.

Oldpainless likes this.
  3. For me the same is wen I play over smb it drop out now I play over nfs now its running perfectly

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

SMB working fine for me with new f/w
    Tested The Last Witchhunter a 76 M/s full BD rip via smb when someone else was having issues

plus all the other stuff ive watched zero stutters since update

5. I have the z1000pro and the z9x both have drop outs whit smb not white nfs

6. Praying for someone to look into why library scanning takes SO long when pulling from an Unraid NAS in HomeTheater.

7. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

stuttering and dropouts are indications of network issues. If the same files work fine via USB (or your internal hard drive), then it is definitely a network problem, not the player.
    I quickly learned with my own Z1000 Pro that ethernet-over-power and WiFi don't play well with large remuxed 4K movie files. Gigabit cable network and router/switches are needed for this.

Even a USB 2.0 HDD plugged into the front USB ports works fine for large movie files.

8. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Yep I’ve got gigabit all the way between NAS and end device and I didn’t have any issues with the shield plugged into the same gigabit switch before. Not doing wifi or powerline style Ethernet connections.

I need to watch a few more movies to see if I can reproduce it more reliably. If I can, I’ll try a usb HDD as a test and then I might try remapping everything with NFS to see if I can eliminate the SMB as the culprit.

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

all i can say is SMB for full 4k bd movies is super stable for me
    and as above said prove it first to your network by trying the same issue movie over usb3 HDD

as i always suggest too

go to Zidoo apps google search for a dsl speedtest site and run that
    ie my 300M fibre usually runs at close to the 300M/s speeds doing the dslspeedtest runs
    which is testing zidoo out for speed issues

also check on PC to see if theres a win10 s/w update pending THAT can slow things down immenesly ive found and CAN cause SMB to stutter pause freeze etc

thats far quicker to prove than chasing thru the network/or remapping will be

10. emb531

emb531 Member

I have a custom built unRAID NAS and no slow scanning issues here (my 4K library is ~300 movies, scans in like 10 seconds, 1080p library is 3500+ movies and scans in a couple minutes)

11. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Reset my movie source, and online trailers still don't work.

The offer of posting my debug log is still open, if it would help the devs.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes please - can you PM it to me

13. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Pm sent.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  14. Steven Jeffery

Steven Jeffery New Member

Thanks for your reply. I have some questions: Everything plays fine for an extended period of time (weeks), then the stuttering/audio dropout will suddenly start. If it was a network issue wouldn't I see the problem from the start? My movies are stored on a synology nas using Ethernet connection through my router. Are you saying a gigabit cable would resolve that problem? And why would I need a router switch?

15. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Your router, NAS port, cables CAT 5 or higher and any switches (if included) all need to be Gigabit or the speed would drop back to a lower standard.
    Local network interference/slowing can also be caused by other PC's or equipment taking all the bandwidth (even momentarily) for some reason.
    I've also seen a NAS perform housekeeping tasks (without any warning, accessing all the hard drives), that throttles the available bandwidth for a short time.
    If it doesn't happen when using an internal or USB HDD, then it is very likely a network or NAS issue.

Steven Jeffery likes this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Check the speed with PC downloading and uploading larger files to Synology NAS and Zidoo. You could plug in USB drive to Zidoo if you need space to copy files. If transfer speeds are around 80 to 110 megabyte per second (MB/s) than you are OK on Gigabit speed. Probably not network issue. If the NAS is your PC than it could be doing some background scanning and slowing down your network when idling. Check the speed first before you decide to upgrade wiring or routers.

Steven Jeffery likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm completely with Phil on this one in as much as a well managed and configured network will pay absolute dividends in file playback.

I have a complicated network (for a home network that is) - over 100 clients, 5 managed switches, 5 unmanaged switches, 5 access points and with the exception of a fibre link between Ext Hub 1 & 1 all the cabling is basic Cat V as most of it was installed about 18 years ago:

upload_2022-8-2_17-44-10.png

I have several Zidoo boxes at various points on the network and the NAS drives are connected to Ext Hub 2 and I never ever. Let me repeat. Never. Ever have a single playback problem.

I can playback the 400Mbps jellyfish demo with no issue whatsoever and no commercial content ever comes close to that.

And as far as WiFi is concerned - if you're getting better throughput on WiFi than wired then there's something seriously wrong with your network somewhere.

Just to note, with so many clients, I'm extremely careful to make sure I don't have any duplicate IPs because this can cause absolute chaos on a network.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  18. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Haha yeah, that was me that had that issue. Good to know there is a workaround. Thanks!

19. For me it works nfs is stable on its speed smb starts at 18mb then drops to 5 mb then the drop out will com whit nfs the speed is stables on what ever it needs I did not have this issue before its now after a few updates the smb speed is not good

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Not specifically related to this beta but I have a few issues with HT4

1)
    I have added a blu ray rip (BDMV) of an IMAX demo blu-ray called 'IMAX Enhanced Demo Content Vol. 1'. HT4 does not see it or add it as unmatched. The only way I can play this is via Media Center. If I select it in media center I am given the option of 'Play video', 'Play with Blu-ray menu', 'View Poster' and 'Open directory', If I select ''View poster' I get an HT4 movie page complete with poster, background image and all details - see screen capture. However HT4 fails to see the disk at all.

Any ideas ow to get HT4 to see this demo disk?

2)
    I have a TV series where HT4 fails to 'see' all epiosodes. I am downloading the series 'Evil' season 3 using Sonar and have epiosdes 1 through 8. However HT4 can only 'see' episodes 1, 2, 3 and 5! No matter what I do HT4 fails to see the others. A rematch does not work nor does removing the source and rescanning. The video files (all 4k DV) are fine and can be seen and played via media center. See screen captures

Again any suggestions welcome

Attached Files: