Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I think the Vizio upscales slightly better than the Z9X. The Sony X900E I have definitely does, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the Vizio. Unfortunately the image processing on the PQX85 is not great. 4k can look amazing but the upscaling is kind of mediocre. 4k upscaling is one of the things that needs to be improved on the 1619DR, it's adequate, probably not much more than that.

2. OK, please find attached a log file, during which the trakt bug was reproduced
    Steps:
    • Started the debugger
    • Navigated to American Gods, Season 1, Episode 1
    • Watched the episode by skipping all the way to the end, and let the last minute play out
    • Once stopped, visit trakt, and saw that I just watched "Weed Special; Smokey Snippet"
    • Stopped the debugger

Found this line in the logs ...
    05-11 12:24:32.432 I/zxs ( 3622): request: execute = Response{protocol=h2, code=201, message=, url=https://api.trakt.tv/scrobble/start}
    05-11 12:24:32.435 I/zxs ( 3622): request: body = {"id":0,"action":"start","progress":0.0,"sharing":{"facebook":false,"twitter":false,"tumblr":false},"episode":{"season":0,"number":2,"title":"Smokey Snippets","ids":{"trakt":13378,"tvdb":562401,"imdb":null,"tmdb":0,"tvrage":0}},"show":{"title":"Weeds","year":2005,"ids":{"trakt":185,"slug":"weeds","tvdb":74845,"imdb":"tt0439100","tmdb":186,"tvrage":6554}}}
    05-11 12:24:32.505 D/HDMI-HIDL-HDMICore( 1828): [applyCurrentOutputFormat2Property] do nothing after android P​

Attached Files:

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Try this version:
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zidoo_poster_RTD1619_v4.1.98.apk

4. I'll try it out tomorrow - thanks :)

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror anyway to stop Zidoo from turning on TV and Receiver? Zidoo starts up TV and Receiver every time I turn on Zidoo with CEC completely off or individual startup functions disabled.

7. Attached Files:

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    serg fedorov and Michael Mamone like this.
  9. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

@mirror
    Are you currently working on the other problems of HT or only on Trakt? It would be very important that you fix the last bugs in the custom categories. Also an implementation of smart playlists, like there are also with Kodi, would solve very many problems. You should also look at the compatibility of HT when parsing nfo files, which were created with the program TinyMediaManger. HT often does not work properly with such nfo files, while Kodi reads everything cleanly.

10. John7

John7 New Member

Blinkin CEC problems still persist on this latest version with my Z9x. There are some improvements but it's still buggy.

CEC diabled in Zidoo menu.
    Enabled in TV (LG OLED) and AVR (Pioneer).
    Switch TV on - AVR powers on and immediately SWITCHES INPUT TO ZIDOO (from previous state of Virgin V6 box). Zid0o powers on by CEC, DESPITE BEING DISABLED. Then have to manually change AVR input and power off Zidoo. A real PITA.

I need to have the AVR switch off with the TV, because my family members won't think to turn the AVR off as well as TV and it will be powered up all day/night.
    I never had these problems with the old X9s. I've tried a Lindy CEC blocker on the Zidoo but it makes no difference ARRRRRGHHHHH!

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If issues persist with a CEC blocker in place, either the CEC blocker is faulty or it's not CEC causing the problem. If it's a Lindy adapter I read somewhere that there was a bad batch that were recalled in 2021 but I don't know the validity of that claim.

CEC is controlled by one pin - Pin 13 on the HDMI socket. Pin 13 has a quiescent voltage to ground (pin 17) of about 3.5v and CEC devices send data to one another by lowering this voltage according to a clock to produce bits making an 8-bit byte (actually 10-bits with start/stop bits).

CEC blockers simply disconnect pin 13 so CEC messages cannot be received by whatever device it's connected to - as far as CEC goes, that's like disconnecting the HDMI cable.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

My issue with CEC is Zidoo waking up the TV. I just tested it with HDMI cable unplugged just to be sure that this is not from remote or something other than Zidoo CEC function. Without HDMI cable Zidoo starts from remote and the rest of my equipment is off. HDMI cable back into Zidoo and no difference TV stays off. With HDMI cable connected to Receiver and TV, Zidoo wakes up TV and TV probably receiver in this sequence. CEC is off in Zidoo.

Delfanboy likes this.
  13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yeah, this is my case running Z9X, Denon AVR-X6200W and Samsung TV. But I don't mind since the whole system is switch off/on by a power strip.

14. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

I too have great issues with CEC, but for a long-long time. Updated to this FW yesterday, since many experienced better funcionality. Zidoo turns the TV on even though CEC is off on Zidoo, which for me is not a huge deal, I always turn the TV on first. However, for the last 2-3 FW versions for some reasons Zidoo creates 2 selectable HDMI inputs when CEC is on for Zidoo. E.g: HDMI 2 named Zidoo Z9X -> when Zidoo CEC is on another input appears called Z9X, which can be selected and is an exact copy of the real input. Now, I have an Xbox conncected to the TV as well with CEC turned on on it. This 2nd Zidoo input sometimes switches name from Z9X to XBOX.

There is another issue that I don't know what might cause it. Not too long ago I bought a Denon AVR and connected the Zidoo to it. On the v6.3.88 FW version the player in standby mode, did not wake the AVR up once the TV was turned on. I had to turn the TV on and then the player, after that the AVR automatically turned on and switched to the right input. With this FW when I turn the player on the AVR won't turn on or change input automatically. I presume the Zidoo won't send the correct data out to the AVR like before. Again, I don't know whether this FW caused it or not, but nothing else was changed or updated besides the new Z9X update.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Power bar won’t do it for me. I need to be able to turn on Zidoo for remote access of connected drives. I don’t need TV on when accessing Zidoo local drivers from PC.

16. John7

John7 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I ordered a new CEC blocker (not a Lindy one) and connected it up today. YESSSSS! It now works as intended, stops the Zidoo powering on with my TV and forcing the AVR to switch inputs.

Guess I must have been sold one of those duff Lindy ones by Amazon. Mind you, it shouldn't be needed, the Z9x clearly has an issue with putting out a signal on pin 13, even when disabled in it's menu. Anyway, I'm happy now that normal service has been resumed. Thanks again....

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

My Lindy one works perfectly, always has done

blenky likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I've always said, CEC is the work of the devil and should never be used.

YMMV.

vddan likes this.
  19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I actually like CEC functionality when it works. Zidoo has plenty of options to tweak it to my liking except of course the "Power Up All" that can't be turn off now.
    My LG TV Magic Remote operates all TV functions, will make adjustment to receiver volume when receiver is on and control most of Zidoo functions including programmable buttons. I don't need to select TV or receiver, or Zidoo first. It automatically knows what is on and will control devices accordingly. Custom EDID messes it up a bit. With custom EDID Zidoo is trying to play DTS-HD Master 7.1 audio track into my stereo headphones when receiver is off ;) Well, you can't have it all, not at the same time. Without CEC or programmable remotes I would need 3 remotes + handy small wireless keyboard to do the same.