Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Kaiduss

Kaiduss New Member

Big thanks for the answers.

While I'm at it, there is one final, small issue that I have. Namely, I don't have access to the full range of subtitle options for TV series subtitles. I know it shouldn't matter whether it's TV series or movie but it somehow does. In both cases I use external SRT subtitles. When playing a movie and choosing subtitle options, I have a full subtitle settings menu and I'm allowed to change fonts etc. When playing a TV show episode also with external subtitles in SRT, after clicking on subtitle settings, I'm only presented with a limited version of the menu - I can change the position, size, offset, color, encoding but not the font. This is the case for all TV shows and for all movies - I always get the full range of options for the latter and the limited menu for the former. In all cases the subtitles in question are external SRT subtitles so it's baffling to me that I don't get the same setting menus. Has anyone experienced this issue?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I know you're saying that in both cases you're using external subs, but all I can tell you is that internal subs are processed by the Realtek SDK and have limited options and external subs are processed by Zidoo code and are much more flexible - as you say, font choice etc.

I suspect the TV shows you're seeing this problem on also have internal subs and they're being chosen by preference.

I believe the ability for all subtitles to use the Zidoo code is being worked on but I'm told it may take some time.

3. Cranks

Cranks Member

I performed a factory reset and set everything up as before.

I added movies by SMB (on NFS movies were freezing too) and played John Wick that I ripped to my NAS using DVDFab.

Before long the video froze as before. See attached picture media info.
    Z freeze shot.jpg
    Note: no other activity was occurring on my NAS during this time. In fact, the NAS has 2.5gb nics so speed should not be a problem.

4. Markswift2003

I wonder if it's anything to do with the BDMV structure?

I'd try muxing that rip to an MKV with MakeMKV and see if that freezes.

5. Cranks

Cranks Member

Apprectiate the advise but why do I need to spend more time fiddling around with another process? It would make the process around 4 hours and that to me is too much time to spend on rip my own collection.

I paid for and use DVDFab to rip this disk and left everything at default settings. If you think DVDFab is not up to the job and you tell me what software you use and if there are any 'tricks' I should apply to the process?

I have a quality HT system (much like yours) and spending all this time trying to get things right is so frustrating. It shouldn't be this difficult!

6. Markswift2003

So you can find out whether it's anything to do with the BDMV structure and whether or not an MKV does the same.

I use MakeMKV - it's free, it's easy and it produces a perfect MKV every time with only the audio track and subtitles I want. And most importantly, it gets rid of the time vampire BluRay menus.

I used to use DVDFab years ago but stopped because it was such a faff and always seemed unstable. Also, it's bloody expensive!!

Netmask, Cranks and xskip like this.
  7. Cranks

Cranks Member

Ok, I'll give MakeMkv a try

8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I've been using MakeMKV for years. I've used it to produce MKV's of the main movie from my entire collection. DVD, BD and UHD.

9. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

For the freezing issue, did you play by clicking the BD button and launching the disc menu? Did it also freeze when you just press the Play button to go directly to the movie?

Blu-ray menu support in Zidoo is far from perfect.

Cranks likes this.
  10. Cranks

Cranks Member

I've never used the BD button and only used the play button.

11. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

DVDFab is very good for a lot of things, especially ripping 1080p x264 Blu-rays to more compact HEVC/x265.
    For 4K .iso files or disks, it can be used to simply rip the main movie with passthrough video and audio (and any selected sub-titles) to an mkv file (and it is very fast, with no transcoding required).
    This will also save a lot of space on your NAS when compared to a full .iso rip that can include a heap of superfluous stuffing on the disk!
    The Zidoo loves mkv files :)

Cranks likes this.
  12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Guys,

Is this Air Play in Zidoo working for anybody? I tried to connect from my iPhone 12 (screen mirror) but nothing shows up.
    What's needed for Spotify? There is a switch for Spotify in ZD Link app. Do I need to download Spotify from Google store? Why do I need this switch if I have to download the app?

13. Cranks

Cranks Member

I started using MakeMKV and it was successful with disk I tried, but it seems to take 1hr.30 or more for this process. Is that normal or is there a tweak I can use to hurry things up?
    I have it installed in a Windows 10 VM on my Qnap Nas.

Hold the phone...it is going to take 2hrs for Pacific Rim!!

14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I run MakeMKV on my old Windows 7 install on a PC and it's a lot faster than that. I only use my QNAP as, basically, a large network drive containing my video and audio files. Haven't tried running programs off it.

15. Markswift2003

Yep - same here, and also on a Win7 PC - a lot faster - maybe 20 minutes - never really paid any attention to it.

Just the speed of running a VM on the QNAP I guess.

*Edit*

Just thought I'd test it - ripped Birds of Prey main movie and it took 13 minutes.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    Cranks likes this.
  16. Cranks

Cranks Member

Wow that is super fast!
    Do you transfer your files to a nas after ripping?? And what burner do you use?

17. VincePirez

VincePirez New Member

Seeing the same behaviour here, and just updated to the 6.3.98 beta (it also happened on the previous version). Not a huge deal but would be nice to have perfectly matching frame rate. Do you think this is perhaps a bug?

18. Markswift2003

I've had it confirmed that there is an issue with the SOC which is out of Zidoo's control in that it does not support 1080p29 and will revert to 1080p30.

Zidoo are raising this with Realtek.

VincePirez likes this.
  19. VincePirez

VincePirez New Member

Ah that's a shame, but thanks so much for the info! Appreciated :)

20. adrian.mole

adrian.mole New Member

Hi,

Anyone got some recommended settings for The z1000 pro in Dolby vision on an LG C1 please. I used the ones at the start of this thread and get raised black levels for DV content.

Thanks