Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. I'm fairly certain it's not any of the movies itself that's the problem but some software issue on the Zidoo side, the reason for that being that I tried playing the movie through the media center (browsed to it on my SMB share) rather than the HT 4.0 and the movie played without stutter this way.

m0j0 likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's more to try and replicate the problem - thing is they both use the same player so that shouldn't happen...

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

still get the 8 - 10 sec audio delay on 5.1 type audio video files after pausing
    but weirdly FF/rwd and audio plays with only 0.5 to 1 sec delay

example
    audio from series its happening on everytime Star Trek voyager 4k AI upscale
    Audio #3
    ID : 4
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Commercial name : Dolby Digital
    Codec ID : A_AC3
    Duration : 43 min 51 s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 640 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 201 MiB (2%)
    Language : English
    Service kind : Complete Main
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

but it happens on most stuff

audio info for a 1080p tv epi for Heroes
    This has almost instant audio restart after a pause

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : A_AAC-2
    Duration : 42 min 54 s
    Bit rate : 424 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 20 ms
    Stream size : 130 MiB (9%)
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  4. Was able to watch the movie in question without stuttering after a reboot of my device, here's to hoping that'll be the end of it.

5. Markswift2003

Fingers crossed!!

6. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I’m having problems with artifiacting during playback on my Z9X. Anyone else?

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

done a full power down for 30 secs since the update? (as in pull the power cord out allows capacitors to discharge clears mem of any junk)

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Outside of bad quality multiple compressed video files artifacts are mainly coming from the display device (TV) during motion processing. Players like Z9X will stutter and drop frames first before any artifacts. Turn all motion and image processing off, put True Cinema or similar mode on. You should get true movie frame rate cadence 23.976fps and check again if you have any artifacts.

9. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

The Artifacts are not like you describe and random so difficult to duplicate. What’s happening now is that every so often a part of the picture has jumbled blocks, it’s definitely the Z9X and not my TV. I’m also seeing static or “lines s”:through the picture occasionally. I’m wondering if the HDMI output is starting to go bad? It’s the only component I’m having this issue with.

10. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

For example, absolutely everything satisfies me. But I can't accept the incomplete translation of the menu into my native language. As well as the disgusting work of the media player, which from the word does not know how to determine the embedded image in the file.
    But when compared with DUNE HD ULTRA 4K, then I'm on the side of ZIDOO

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Try the new cable first or turn it around.

12. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Ok, I think there is a BUG with Auto Mode because when I switch to SDR and to Auto my TV didn't initiate the HDR, but once I play an HDR movie the Movie, The UI stays in HDR even if playback is stopped.

13. Markswift2003

In either "Auto" or "Highest SDR Rec.709" by definition the UI is output in SDR Rec.709.

Can't duplicate that here.

I set HDR "Auto", then "Highest SDR Rec.709" then back to "Auto", played an HDR movie (in HDR), returned to UI and behaviour was as expected with UI back in Rec.709.

When the UI stays in HDR does it look dark and contrasty with overblown colours?

14. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I once noticed on my NAS that HT did a search routine to dowmload media information at the same time which used a lot of bandwitdth, but that also had influence on playing in the media center. Can you replicate the behavior every time in parallel (HT and media center)?
    What about NFS? same issue?

15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

For me Zidoo Z9X player have only few FW version where NFS protocol are closer to SMB performance, event in the NFS protocol are faster then SMB in many other situation.

16. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

for me both are working flawless now SMB and NFS, since NFS has the better prformance in my case

17. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Overblown colors...

18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Please check? When playing a movie, the sound output goes through HDMI on the remote control, I press the mute button and the sound continues to go.

19. Markswift2003

Ok - thought it might be.. It's the TV not recognising that the HDR SEI message is no longer there.

When a source sends an HDR signal there is an SEI (Supplemental Enhancement Information) hex string sent along with the video which defines the colour space (Usually Bt.2020), the EOTF (Electro Optical Transfer Function - essentially gamma - Usually ST.2084), MaxCLL, MaxFALL and mastering display nits. This is what tells the TV to go into its HDR mode and depending on the TV depends on what information is used (not all use MaxCLL/FALL for example).

When the source switches back to SDR, this SEI message ceases - there isn't an "SDR" message as such, just a lack of HDR message. It seems in your case the TV is still acting as though it's still there. I can see these messages using an HDFury and can confirm that the SEI ceases as it should.

However I have seen this behaviour on odd occasions on my Samsung - usually when I'm messing about switching modes here there and everywhere, but a quick shift into HDR again and it all resets in the TV. I'd guess I could count the occasions it's done it on one hand.

So I don't know whether your TV has a reset to factory option and as belt and braces I'd probably do the same with the Zidoo.

godalmighty likes this.
  20. Saberus

Saberus New Member

Hey all, I've had my z1000 pro for few months now, and so far its been a better machine than the x20, but I've noticed at times when watching 4k HDR movies, during dark scenes I see what I would call little white dots.. like sparkles?..lol
    Never noticed them on the x20, not a big deal as they seem to come and go, just hope its not something like over heating issue or something like that. Oh.. they only appear in the video only area, not in the top or bottom black bars.

thank you. :)