Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Hey. I had some small problems with HT in firmware version .65: namely, the settings after a reboot returned to the default settings (among other things it was not possible to set custom folder). Have these bugs been fixed in the .66 version? I ask because I do not want to go through the system restore again.

//edit:

I also have a general comment about the custom folder feature. I always set the custom folder in the player's internal memory ( //storage/ Movies ). But from time to time, even though this option is enabled, HT creates a .HomeTheater folder (which is filled with files) on the NAS server. This happens completely randomly, but always after scanning for new files. But it doesn't happen often.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  2. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

@mirror! I would like to request an Updated Transifex site for HT & QS apk complete if possible. Because there is still something that has been fixed 3 months ago and the old sentence is still showing. Thank you! Merry Christmas to all forum administrators,and members & Transifex language translators !!! Thank you so much for your work in 2021! And next year more releases (Firmware, HT & QS) and strings. Thank you in advance! The Transifex translation team:):D

Temearoo likes this.
  3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Will the next version number be .666 if this one fail?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  4. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@bob @mirror
    hey, my zidoo Z9X doesn't work anymore !!! although the red light is on ???

Attached Files:

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, this has all been fixed.

A .Hometheatre folder may be created if you add a source at some point before you allocate the Custom Folder. If you have the Custom Folder set on the box you can delete the ones on the NAS drives.

6. Markswift2003

Have you checked the remote batteries or tried a cold reboot?

7. Markswift2003

No, it'll skip to 668, the neighbour of the beast.

darkeyes909 and AngryVirginian like this.
  8. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

hi mark,
    yes everything .. cold start .. battery .. and reset .. it doesn't start anymore

9. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Feedback on the new Screen Ratio settings.

First the good news:
    1. Using Ratio of 2.35:1 and and Display Mode of compression
      • Even though Zidoo is doing a simple vertical squish when you set the Display Mode to Compression/2.35:1 - everything looks pretty good. Is text, posters and watching images shorter and fatter than normal? Yes, but it's not something my wife would even notice. Not perfect, but I could live with it.
      • Scope (2.35:1) movies, and the menu are correctly displayed (not cut off.)
    2. Using Ratio of 2:35:1 and Display Mode of Screen Cover
      • Some information is lost in the GUI, as the top and bottom are simply masked with black bars. Most of the important stuff is in the GUI is in the center of the screen. You can't see the top row of icons in HT, and the More button in the more button on the movie details screen. I can live with that, to keep things in the correct ratio (text, posters, watching images.)
      • Scope (2.35:1) movies, and the menu are correctly displayed (not cut off.)
      • Screen cover is essentially the same thing as using Masking on my JVC Projector
    Now for the bad news -16x9, 1.85:1 movies and TV shows are displayed in incorrectly in the video player.
    1. Using Ratio of 2.35:1 and and Display Mode of compression
      • 16x9 and 1.85:1 movies are fat and short. You can live with that a bit for text, poster and watching images in the GUI, but seeing people and objects distorted during playback is very noticeable.
      • The player menu stays within the correct display area and is fully visible. (this is good, but wanted to note.)
      • I tried different Zoom modes, but the only one that had an impact was 4x3. And it performed too much of a horizontal squish. People are too thin, and objects are too narrow. Again, you can immediately notice something is wrong.
    2. Using Ratio of 2:35:1 and Display Mode of Screen Cover
      1. 16x9 and 1.85:1 movies and TV shows have the top and bottom cut off by the screen cover.
      2. The video menu is not contained to the visible portion of the screen.
    I'm happy to provide pictures, if it helps illustrate the points above.

10. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Yes, but sometimes that .HT folder reappears. Last time I did a reset of everything, before adding the sources, I enabled in the HT settings to only use the custom folder. After some time I noticed that unexpectedly .HT folder appeared on one of the sources. Nothing major. Just an OCD ;)

11. Markswift2003

12. Markswift2003

Odd - I'll check that. I tested on previous firmware - admittedly not extensively, but the aspect ratios seemed to work fine...

13. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

14. Markswift2003

pcristi likes this.
  15. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Try turning off the power overnight. Remove all wires (USB, hdmi, power, etc.)
    Try turning on the player again in the morning.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

This is very odd - If I use Compression or Screen Cover (should be called Masking!) with 16x9, it crops top and bottom so although information is lost, the aspect ratio is correct. This is the same whether I choose Full, Fit, Original or 16:9 in the context menu (I usually chose Fit).

So I actually have no idea why yours is behaving differently.

16:9 test pattern with default 16:9 aspect ratio:
    !cid_cabb1bad-de90-4800-8dd3-2060912a9f11@winuk.jpg

Same test pattern with 2.35:1 aspect ratio using compression (same with "Screen Cover"):
    !cid_18f9c3e5-5773-483e-bb22-8775d8cecf47@winuk.jpg

And Playbar correctly within the screen area for both Compressed and Masked:
    !cid_5992b9e3-006e-49e6-819e-03f47fb16646@winuk.jpg

Olsch likes this.
  17. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

I am trying
    thx.

18. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

thanks for the introduction. unfortunately i don't have one here (TTL / UART)
    are there other options at this moment ?

19. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Wow, this is bad :(

20. Markswift2003

I'm afraid I can't think of any and to be honest connecting a UART might not help since it seems yours does not even start to boot and it at least needs to power the SOC to get into uBoot.

This is a real long shot, but do you have another 12v power supply to try - it's just possible that the power supply is faulty and although there is enough power to light the LED, there's not enough to boot the board. But as I say, it's a long shot.