Beta version v6.3.50 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

We have not the same definition of "smooth". ;)

If you move to the next episode only ok, but try to quickly navigate in the list of the episodes. The same for the "More" button (blinking effect).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The firmwares are getting better and better - thanks Zidoo. HT is now great and everything I hoped it could be. Well done.

However some issues I have mentioned over the years remain. It would be useful to know if any are in the pipeline to be fixed or will remain things I just have to live with!

1) No audio for about 5 seconds when unpausing videos
    2) Some DV UHD full blurays play in HDR10 from menu (e.g. The Silence of the Lambs) but correctly in DV when played direct
    3) Full blurays with menus that are in a different frame rate to the actual move will play movie in menu frame rate
    4) Going back years a lot of blurays will not open to a menu - have Zidoo gone as far as they are prepared to here? There has been no improvement for a few years. Again its something I can live with but would be great if the hit rate could be increased!

vddan and Nice Monkey like this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@blenky
    Nice nuisance list. They probably will look at these sooner or later. For me number-1 with star is correct BD Menu processing right now.

I am not sure if something was done for it already as I came across no problem doing a large number of BD menu tests with this FW? Above all the problem with the multi language menus as various I tried includes that selection.
    They all worked but some with many video and sound drops doing so. None of that using my OPPO with those remaining a big difference in smoothness.

4. 56k

56k Member

[QUOTE="

2) A few posters I have (two in 1080p- Battle Los Angeles and Gravity- and one in 4K - Zack Snyder's Justice League-) do not show the tags in the posters. All other poster tags appear correctly. Only these three movies has this problem for me. I tried re-matching but this didn't do anything. Both 1080p movies would show their tags in pre- 6.3.45 firmwares. Only in the previous and this firmware in these two posters the tags disappeared. If there is a way to upload photos of the movie info I will do so. Problem remains
    [/QUOTE]

it would be nice if when we do manual re-matching the movie file name change at the same time this will end the problem!

5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

What almost always works for me is. (and don't laugh);)
    1) start the movie without tags, and skip a chapter.
    2) mark the movie as watched
    3) mark the movie as unwatched
    There's a chance the tag will appear.

It's related to this bug, but in 6.3.50 they corrected it, so the corner logos are back again

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have noticed no improvements in BD menu handling for the last few years. Ones that cause issues still do and new ones with issues arrive all the time - e.g. the UHD version of The Suicide Squad. Play that one and just bet a spinning circle.

I just played The Suicide Squad direct and it was perfect up to the to the credits - where it froze at 2h 3m 43s. The movie is made up of a number of m2ts files. Seems it could not locate the final one for the credits! I located the correct file using Media Centre and it played it back at 60.oHz the same as the UI.

7. paresh

paresh Member

Trailers are missing once again. Moreover, play local trailers only seems to be missing too in settings/preference. Is this a deliberate move or is it something I've overlooked and missed?

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Online trailers working here.

I don't think it's deliberate - have reported the missing button..

paresh likes this.
  9. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I believe this is not OTA as it is not giving any notification of update even with the beta checked

10. Markswift2003

No, most updates are direct downloads at the moment. The OTA server tends to be used to target individual boxes by MAC address for specific testing.

11. paresh

paresh Member

@Markswift2003 What is this zoom function introduced in the latest FW and how does one access it? The online trailers were working for me in the more recent previous FWs but not in the latest one. Wonder Why?:eek:

12. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

The trailers don't work for me either. With this firmware I have scraped in everything again. the nfos were created by Tiny Media Manager

13. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Hi.That you said is for original remote that zidoo provides with the z9x or with aftermarket? Because I also have draining battery issues with mine but I don't see any function to turn off the backlight.I have the stock remote for z9x.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Mine is the V8 remote that I got with the Z1000 Pro. If yours is the same, IIRC then you just press the light button and keep it pressed for a few seconds - ie a long press

kirkinezi likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

A majority of my trailers are Working with this update .

16. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

No problem here with Online trailers

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

No problems for me either..

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

There's no mention of Zoom in the changelog??

19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Same here for the trailers. Just the problem that they are all in english and not the language of the settings, but that was already the case with the previous firmware.

20. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I have tried everything. Watching, re-watching, skipping the film forward, marking as watched and unmasking, re matching, updating the video info you name it.

The poster tag simply refuses to appear. For me this problem is not universal. Only 3 1080p posters have this. Battle Los Angeles, Kingdom of Heaven and Gravity. All other FHD movies have their tags correctly.

I am out of options here really. Does the name changing still works with latest firmwares? May if I add a FHD at the end could force the tag to appear.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021