Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

SO who can tell us which languages we can use in the next firmware.

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

French is ready to use.

I will not talk for the others but I know that German, Italian, Hungarian and Russian are also completed for the 2 apps.

For Quick Settings, all the languages but Polish are completed.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  3. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Hungarian is ready to use.

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Update : Dutch, French, German, Italian, Hungarian and Russian are now up to date for the 2 apps.

5. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

:):)

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Can’t wait to see our work in the next firmware. Next week? :D

I am also curious to see what will be the next step in the project. Probably a couple of new strings in HT coming with new functions in the awaiting firmware, but I hope that we will start the apps more « static » (not updated very often) but daily used, like home page, media center…

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  7. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

I hope you are right. Because this release activity ( HT & QS )was awful. I'm just hope!

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The ball is in Mirror’s court now.:cool:

And a little prayer for my cancel button issue in HT, without big hopes.:p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  9. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I started using ZDMC instead of HT say no more....

10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

So? The next part of the project anytime soon?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  11. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

I ask! What are we waiting for Christmas?

Mabon likes this.
  12. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Sorry! I am impatient because nothing happens and no one says anything. There is just a lot of silence.

Temearoo and Mabon like this.
  13. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

All the projects, but Danish for home theater and Polish for both of them, are up to date now.

So the good instant for Zidoo to bring back all the refreshed translations and to start the next step. Just like my hungarian buddy, I think that we don’t need to loose all that time.

For example, I use a translation for « Media Center » in the quick settings to explain the path for the external subtitles downloaded, but that makes no sense for now because the french word used in the current firmware for the main page is completely different (and not really correct).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    sojer2005 likes this.
  14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Who is still doing the UK/US English translations? I learned that Mabon has quit with his translation efforts.
    I took the liberty to do some strings that weren't translated yet but I don't want to interfere with other people.

15. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Blenky for the english UK I think. For the US version, I don’t know.

BTW, a good thing that you finished the job because nobody seemed willing to finish the job in last weeks.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  16. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Well, if you mean finishing the job by translating the 12 leftovers, thanks. But I have some thoughts on some of them. IF they're not looked into in the meantime, that is.
    In the end, completing Dutch took using English, German, the original Chinese strings, Google Translate and some guessing. Especially for the HT app it was a bit of a gamble here & there, as I'm just learning to use and understand it. Undoubtedly there will be adjustments in the near future.
    I'll look further into both UK and US English when I have the time. And only if that's alright with everybody and @blenky in particular. Perhaps he's willing to react here.

I already asked this in the new 6.3.45 thread: I wonder from what date the newly added translations are?

cheers

17. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I think that is in the last days of the past week but I can't tell you what day exactly.

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I can take a look at English UK. I thought it was done forgot there were new ones added!

edit: I may being thick here but I've looked at Transifex and I can't see anything untranslated for English UK (or English)

19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

That’s because Whitfield has already completed all the missing strings for english US and UK last week.

I suppose that we will have a couple of new strings to translate in HT, because of the upcoming firmware and stuffs like the ability to use local clearlogos.

Stay also tuned for the next steps of the translation. We are all waiting a new document to translate the main page or the media center now.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    blenky likes this.
  20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

@mirror,

If the Zidoo team has added new functions in Quick Settings and/or Home Theater with the upcoming firmware, could we save time and add the new strings to translate in the documents right now?

Any news for the next part of the project?