Beta version v6.0.85 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ammar11, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Goodmorning everyone, sorry but, I have a doubt: I, I'm still at firmware 6.0.66, installed without Gapss, installed immediately after updating. Now my question is: as it is recommended to install the latest firmware 6.0.85 the one with "G" if the previous firmware was "G" and install the firmware without "G" if you had a firmware without "G" before, I, who installed the Gapps later, what should I do? Thanks in advance and good evening to all of you.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, sorry - I've been banging on about this since day 1 but haven't got anywhere yet.

3. Markswift2003

Hi Andrea!

It's recommended to stick with either "G" or "Non G" firmware.

But ... I have previously installed "Non G" firmware over "G" firmware and it was fine.

Unless you have a specific reason to use "G" firmware, I'd stick with "Non G".

andreamusso.am likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Never ever had a single problem with SMB playback either with the Z9X or the Z9S, or X9S prior to that.

I tend to keep out of conversations that will inevitably result in a comment to the effect that the issue is with the user's network setup because most won't believe it, and it's not easy to troubleshoot by proxy, but the Zidoo has never had any problems with network transfer other than a couple of Android settings in the SMB server (note - server, not client!!) that have been fixed now.

I've been using .81 and then .85 for a while now and see no reason not to update.

vddan and xskip like this.
  5. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Hope dies last.

fsim2000 and fedofed like this.
  6. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Well I basically think so too, but it’s always little strange when problems occur with a new player but nothing else changed. However - I have checked the whole network - router and switch are showing 1 GBIT connection. Zidoo Network Port is blinking orange. Speedest is Full Internet bandwidth. The last issue could be found in SMB protocol settings in Synology NAS. My setting is SMB2 as minimum and SMB3 as maximum. As I know z9x supports SMB3. I will test with SMB1 too but would not like to use it. What’s your setting with SMB protocol?

By the way ... indeed the player itself plays the DV MKV very well when source is USB3.0 HDD connected to the device.

Kind regards.

7. Markswift2003

I tend to agree - it is very strange, but unless you can be there to muck about with someone's network, there's always some variable that gets missed.

I use Western Digital NAS drives - mainly My Clouds (Not My Cloud Homes!!) and My Cloud EX2s.

Both just have a "Maximum SMB Protocol" setting which is just set to V3.

I don't do anything special and in fact my home network is probably bigger than most with 1000's of feet of CatV, approx 120 clients, 5 managed hubs, 5 unmanaged hubs and 5 access points. I don't do anything clever in setting up the managed hubs - their settings are used more for diagnostics than profiling the network and it all just works.

What I am very careful of is IP addresses - making sure I have a defined DHCP range, with most devices on fixed IP outside of that range and no clashes.

8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

We should stop saying that all the woes and ills of the world come from Zidoo devices, since 2016 I've been using Zidoo devices and I've never had a problem with the SMB and I have low-end NAS.

For my pasrt, i did not configure anything only connected the rj45 to the zidoo devices and everything works number 1, it is always strange when it is always the same people who have this kind of problem and who say that it comes from Zidoo devices.

See you

vddan likes this.
  9. Gilles

Gilles New Member

It's a shame. VS10 is one of the best new features. Zidoo you must react from the next firmware !

10. Markswift2003

I think it got lost along the way with all the other stuff going on - honestly the changes and improvements in the last few months have been amazing - it's difficult to appreciate on the forum just how much goes on behind the scenes, but you're absolutely right, the operation of the VS10 engine could be brilliant but it's useless for those with HDR displays and more so for those with SDR displays or projectors (unless you have the ability to take advantage of the LLDV hack).

It's also impossible to replicate unless you have an HDR only or SDR only display or an HDFury device, and know what to do with it.

11. I will try direct to projector and see if stuttering is still there, but like in said even with usb 3.0 direct to zidoo, I get random stutter and jellyfish files can't go above 259Mbs without stutter

And again, with zidoo z9s no issue what so ever with same files etc..
    Same projector, same stereo, same network wires etc...
    But issue is with usb internal it seems also..
    Looking like a faulty zidoo i have..
    I know for sure when I get my 2 more Z9X in mail to compare... For record I have never had issues zidoo player before until this model.

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

hes already pretty much proved his network is running at max speed with the near 150M/s Dsl speed test i suggested he try from Zidoo browser

so it has to be a setting somewhere,since 99.9 percent of us are not having the issue
    SMB has ,as above, always been solid for lan streaming ...thou mines from usb3 HDD s off my PC ...not using any Nas setup

Also

whats with running 250 400 mbs jellyfish
    can you name any 1080p /2160p movie or tv series that ever comes even close to that sort of data rate? seems like overkill

13. very true.. bit needed to test speeds to make sure I was bottle neckkng from. bitrate..
    On theory, since I can get 200Mbs, I should get no stuttering..
    But I do unfortunatel.
    I really hope it's a setting.. or faulty box ..
    I'm now going to try G beta firmware.. I have been mainly using non G beta .

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i was on G accidently went to non g with this .85 update ..made no difference to me besides the obvious DV DA fix for MEL rips

15. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

Changelog (Google translate):
    System
    1. Fix the problem that the playback of individual Dolby Vision videos is stuck
    2. Fix the problem that some TVs cannot display 3D by default
    3. Optimize online video playback
    4. Optimize HDMI IN display

Player
    1. Add UPNP video playback function
    2. Fix the rustle of PCM audio of some movies
    3. Fix the problem that individual videos cannot be played
    4. Fix the problem of delayed audio playback when paused
    5. Optimize memory playback function

Poster wall
    1. Optimize NFO analysis

Music player
    1. Increase UPNP music playback function
    2. Optimize lyrics function
    3. Fix the problem that the song cannot be cut normally after playing from the file manager
    4. Optimize information acquisition in detail interface

File manager
    1. Increase UPNP function
    2. Optimize NAS boot and mount speed
    3. Optimize UI display

Picture manager
    1. Increase network picture display
    2. Add UPNP picture slideshow
    3. Fix the problem that the system music does not stop when slideshow

Quick setting
    1. Increase the compatibility mode switch of the transparent transmission power amplifier
    2. Optimize memory playback options

Mobile APP (scan the QR code of the machine to download and update)
    1. Fix the problem that search music cannot be played
    2. File manager adds UPNP
    3. Optimize CUE music playback
    4. Optimize music collection function
    5. Music add list play mode
    6. Optimize the interface display

16. djslmft

djslmft New Member

I don’t think that the stuttering is only an SMB problem, I’m using my Zidoo with a Synology NAS. on NFS and all my movies are stuttering and having audio dropouts.

Tired different kind of files, no success of continous playback :(

17. I agree.. I think it's in the firmware.. Some people may not see issues while others might .

I tried zidoo direct to 4k projector bypassing old stereo.. No go. Still get random stuttering..

One last thing I will try tomorrow, engage SMB 1.0 profile and see if that at least does something for network.. Maybe there is a bug with SMB 3 in zidoo..

Either way I'm sure zidoo will get this ironed out..
    But I will confirm when my other 2 players come.. to make sure the one I have now is good or bad..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I too have had Zidoo products since 2015, X9s Z9S and now Z9X, when I had the X9S it worked fine with my NAS and NFS, SMB had problems, then Zidoo fixed the SMB problems and since then it has worked fine with my NAS devices, but at some point in 2016/2017 they broke NFS with higher bitrate files, and ever since I have had to use SMB.
    NFS works fine with my other media devices but Zidoo (all models) just doesn’t like my 2 NASdevices over NFS.
    It works fine then just starts to glitch and drop audio out, seems a constant bug doesn’t it?

MicleCh likes this.
  19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Watched full 5th Element Mel rip last night and it was perfect except for maybe 3 slight pauses towards the end of the movie of like 1/2 a sec or so ...but no audio out of synch issues
    Tonight i finished Muxing a Fel Movie ..Justice league to dvhe 07.06 MEL and had similar maybe 5 slight pauses more toward the end but again no audio synch issues

Both played via SMB

Ill attempt to do War of the Worlds Fel tomorrow and try convert it to dvhe 07.06 MEL and see if same pauses running direct USB3 this time

thaworn R likes this.
  20. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Thanks Mark for sharing your thoughts. I have just updated from 66G to 85G a few mins ago, and watching some content. So far so good. Glad that the audio issues introduced on 80G seems to be addressed. Crossing my fingers... that this release is reasonably stable .