Beta version v6.0.85 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ammar11, Dec 28, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi,

I never had any problem with the SMB and Zidoo devices.

People who have this kind of problem can be counted on the fingers of one hand ...are you a member of the homecinema-fr forum ?

I'm not sure that the problem comes from Zidoo devices.

See you

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi,

There was the changelog twice this morning, but the messages were deleted, it seems to me that there was an improvement concerning the NFOs and HT4.0.

Is it possible to have the changelog again ?

3. maglione

maglione Member

Its no problem of the file, four o five memebers of the forum have te same problen with subtitle blinking or flashing, continuously while playing a mkv with external subtitles.

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

This might be a long shot, but maybe try a different port, maybe the one being used for Z9S. Some ports may not have gigabit enabled, check the configuration page.

5. ammar11

The changelog is not yet official and thus not allowed to make public yet.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Also
    as i suggested earlier do a dsl speed test on the ziddo from the browser

but also,try the movies on a usb3 HDD direct to the Zidoo via usb 3 port ...that will eliminate any lan issues ...eliminate one thing at a time

7. Just tried the dsl speed test from browser on zidoo, and I get 145Mbps down and 12Mbps UP
    Then tried from computer with same server etc, and get almost exact same speeds..
    I pay for 150..

So that part seems solid..

I have now put the files on USB and tried from zidoo direct..

Got same results as SMB.. Was able to play 200Mbs perfect, but 250 stutters..

On SMB i can play the 140Mbs jellyfish 10bit hevc, and random results with 200Mbs..(most times it plays perfect, which seems high enough for any UHD...)

250Mbs jelly fish will stutter for sure with SMB and NFS.

The very weird thing is over SMB, it sometimes plays a good chunk of 4K UHD atmos movie, then starts 1-2 second stutter (video looks like it skips frame or so)
    I can goto same scene and not get stutter at same point.. You think you would as bitrate at that scene would be same.

Then I try a 1080p atmos movie, and get random stutter points..

This might be a codec issue and not bitrate of actual file.

I have owned many zidoo products, and this is first (using same ports, wires, switches, etc) and never had streaming issues..
    NFS seems little better, but no where near what the z9s did with same wires (just swapped out).
    I was able to get the full 300Mbs jellyfish with z9s over SMB to play perfect...Hence why this is driving me crazy..

I just tried a factory reset and am using the NON G version of this new firmware..

Same issues...

Maybe I have a faulty zidoo, but will confirm that i hope within week. I ordered 3 for my house, but only received 1 so far. I will need to test the others and see what I get.

As side note: maybe issues lie in the settings i use:

At moment, I have a 4k projector, and an older pioneer stereo that takes 4k/60 but no HDR.. (and does not support hdcp 2.2)

So playing 4k UHD HDR backups, it will output 4k/24 709 color space.

Maybe stripping the HDR and making it SDR is issue? Since it does same issues from usb and SMB.

I have HDR set to Auto...

Thanks again for all the help..

If someone can confirm how high they can play off USB with jellyfish files, please let me know...Thanks..

8. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

This is not a problem with the file - the times when the subtitles are to appear and disappear are precisely given in the .srt file, e.g.

00: 03: 35,465 -> 00: 03: 38,010

They must show up and display at this point, and not blink a millisecond before and after .....

Yesterday I was sitting and scrolling left and right different movies and searched randomly ....
    I did not notice it and I know it was flashing

Today I will try to repeat the tracking - I will play the entire movie again

9. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thnx Team for the update. I'll wait for the changelog.

10. Magyar Péter

Magyar Péter New Member

I don't think the subtitle timing causes such flashing bug. I have checked the subtitle files and the timings are good in any subtitle files that I have problem . I have tried the same movies on Dune Base 3.0 and there I can't reproduce this bug.
    This problem occurs every movie with external srt subtitle, not sometimes with one or two movie. If the mkv file contains the subtitle (internal subtitle), the display is perfect.
    This problem isn't individual, several member sign the same problem in this forum.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

The DSL speed test confirms it isnt a lan issue since your getting higher download rates than me ,and i have none of the issues you get
    But as you suggested ,id say issues in settings used

Atm your only using it for projector and an older amp ? and only using it in SDR ? for the HDR files?
    edit does the projector have arc/earc? run zidoo to that and then down to amp for audio

can you move it to a 4k tv with hdr/DV etc and an atmos amp? or tv with earc ,and run the zidoo thru amp to hdr tv or to tv and earc to amp ?
    this would then show whether ziddo is working ok ...ie 4k hdr playing correctly ...and its just an hdr- SDR conversion issue

also in settings ,have you set HDR in display to HDR /SDR rec 709 limited or HDR/SDR rec 2020 limited ?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  12. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Exactly .. this problem occurs on every other movie with external subtitles
    Maybe the moderator would create a separate thread about subtitle flashing and move everything there?

here is an example of the inscriptions - everything is correct for me, line 43 was flashing frequently - it was flashing for a fraction of a second before or after it should be displayed :

00:03:26,582 --> 00:03:28,709
    pożałujesz, że uciekłaś z Alderaan.
    00:03:30,127 --> 00:03:31,420
    Widziałem tatuaż.
    00:03:32,754 --> 00:03:34,047
    A wiesz, co jeszcze?
    00:03:35,465 --> 00:03:38,010
    Widziałem, jak ginie twoja planeta.
    00:03:40,429 --> 00:03:41,722
    Na Gwieździe Śmierci.
    00:03:42,514 --> 00:03:43,557
    Na której?
    00:03:45,184 --> 00:03:46,977

@mirror
    On behalf of everyone,
    I am asking you to take a deeper look at it ...

13. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Can confirm the mentioned issue. Basically files start to play and TV is also showing Dolby Vision but stuttering at random time or stops completely. Gibt LAN, SMB via NAS. (LG OLED C7, DENON X1400H, z9x, SYNOLOGY DS918).

14. ammar11

I don’t use SRT as I rip the PGS directly from the disc so I have no idea.

Maybe mux fhe SRT file into video itself, your database will be clean with only video files.

15. Szary57

Szary57 New Member

THNX Team for the update.

I have a request:

I use Zidoo with an LG OLED65CX3LA TV and unfortunately the subtitles .srt in HDR mode are too bright for me.
    In SDR mode are OK.
    PGS subtitles have brightness control and SRT no.

Is it possible add brightness adjustment or a very dark "dull" font to SRT subtitles?

( for comparison - I have a very dark gray font on my TV and it works very well,
    maybe I will say: fonts "do not glow" in the TV player )

16. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I use .srt because I like a different font - I have my own font installed, I can have a different color, shadow, border and subtitles for the video
    I've been doing this for many years - the Z9X is not my only player What I have in the folder is a video file and often a few subtitles, for example:

several versions of subtitles

or simple

Django.mkv
    Django.srt

17. ammar11

SRT files can still be muxed into the video. From what I read the issue is only when used externally.

18. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Of course they can be muxed but that takes time and this is not just an alternative
    This is a problem and we ask for a solution
    They only flash on the Z9X on other players, this does not happen

I can't imagine muxing subtitles for my entire library ..
    Every drive on which I have films I connect not only to the Z9X but also, for example, to Plex, LG C9 ...
    I make it universal for any device

19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We've been trying for three hours with your .srt file and we can't see any "flashing" issue, so... I don't know what to do.

20. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Yesterday I also tried to get it for 3 hours .. to no avail but I kept fast forwarding and rewinding ..
    However, there is something to do, because I am not the only one who has it and one colleague managed to record it
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?attachments/flashing-subtitle-rar.6083/

I will try again today but I will play the movie from the beginning and
    I will not rewind

Promise you will take a look at it :)