New firmware v1.0.27 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can flash 1.0.19 img following the procedure on the blog (like to recover from bricking), then upgrade to the OTA version before the log file problem (I think is the 1.0.25).
    This advice is for whom is not a beta tester, of course ;)

2. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

I just installed unrooted ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.27_ota.zip firmware but now one of the media player apps states that this is rooted version? Earlier v1.0.26 works fine but not the v1.0.27. Is there major changed in libraries or what causes this?

3. PacoRabanne

4. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Does anyone has problems with 1.0.27 ?
    A friend of mine says that since he installed kodi started to freeze.

5. gridlock

gridlock Member

thanks for the rooted version....
    if it wasn't for the video stutter (using mxplayer and ehome center) i would consider x6 pro the best android box i've used (the video clarity and colors are truly unmatched ; add to it the late fix for the audio sync)... i hope that zidoo development team can sooner find a permanent fix.

6. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Cannot use anymore app which was working on v1.0.26 due that Zidoo is now recognized as ROOTED OS (even so called "non-rooted OTA" -version was installed). Maybe some libraries was changed between v1.0.26 and v1.0.27 and that causes this? However, "check device root status" -apps says that Zidoo is not rooted so this might been something to do with libraries?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    lucian1971 likes this.
  7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Maybe we missed something, maybe you can provide an example app to us, we will be solve it in the future.you can flash v1.0.19 then upgrade v1.0.26 now

8. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Problems with the 1.0.27. All three players (kodi ,mx and custom) after some minutes of use stop working.

9. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

I must confess that Zidoo cares about their customers! Have a Mygica 1900ATV...almost no kind of support, but Zidoo do well.
    We have to be patient, there is and will be no such thing like a bug free Android system!
    I see, that Zidoo acts! That is a way more, then other companies do!
    BTW, Zidoo should reconsider 3 or 4 GB Ram in the future. Why? Try to install different builds in Kodi, i mean total different builds at the same basics, not only profiles, then you know the way the boxes go in the near future..
    Only thing i must complain strongly with the X6, is the Remote! Not powerful enough, crazy Buttons act like a gummy ball...not enough responsive...this remote is not worthy

And....give the choice to integrate openelec in future projects!!

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  10. PacoRabanne

I'm really sorry for you.

For me, with the 1.0.27 rooted (I need a rooted FW), one days without a problem, at least with Kodi, MX Player Pro and Zidoo player ones.
    No crashes, no freezes.
    No problem of slow connection through WiFi, internet speed is exactly what a achieve from my PC, and the same as offered by my Internet provider.
    I don't use Ethernet port at all.

Not yet solved the external DVD USB reader not recognized and/or handled, but will be a (nice!) plus.
    And I don't watch UHD files, so I can't be a tester for this.

Have you cleaned cache with the app Clean_dec_out_h264.apk ?
    Until cleaning, (and consequent recovery of free space on internal flash, I also had a lot of crashes, reboot and similar amenity.

Good luck!
    ...and thanks again to Zidoo developers!

11. dorol

dorol Member

Seems like a pattern...
    Someone is posting some problems... and then someone "Hey, for me all is working just fine" bla, bla.
    Happens to me.
    And above me.

12. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

Hmmm, sounds for me like a overheating problem, or faulty ram.
    Same problems with older firmwares?

13. portokali00

portokali00 Member

I would like to thank Zidoo developers. I do respect their efforts.
    But there is a fact here. Common user bought this machine to watch some movies or to surf through the Internet. Common user DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FLASH OR TO ROOT THE MACHINE.
    When you drive a car you don't have to know or you don't have to learn how to change brakes or clutch.
    So PLEASE make the machine usable. All we need is to switch on and get Internet or to switch on and watch a movie synchronised without crashes. Otherwise add to the description of the product that you do not warranty for the function or the updates.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    nice159 and Somchai like this.
  14. dorol

dorol Member

Media center- samba not working ( using archos videoplayer samba is working), nfs working
    Kodi - samba working, nfs not working

Media center - DTS-HD MA/Atmos no audio.
    Kodi - movies with DTS-HD MA/Atmos stuttering

Media center - subtitles displayed with ? for some characters
    No option to set character for media center native player

Audio sync in Kodi set for +300/400
    Annoying black fades, kinda refresh behaviour, for some movies, not all

All this not happening on my other box Q5

15. PacoRabanne

Was too early to say... :oops:
    Looking to an HD file with Kodi, fast forward, after a long freeze, restarted view from the beginning of file...
    Until now I've solved this situation changing player. Is not a solution, is a workaround.

Anyway I want to trust Zidoo developers will solve this problems.

16. portokali00

portokali00 Member

We really trust Zidoo developers because till now various problems make this machine non usable. I prefer to use my 5 year old player than use Zidoo with crashes and other problems. All that just to watch a video.

17. Migeye

Migeye Member

Just did the update, lipsync seems to work ok during testing, not 100%, it varies sometimes depending what movie or serie i start but most of the time its ok.:).

Still the issue in kodi when i want to goto a certain point of a movie, image freezes an audio is ok or the other way around, its very random. Seems like a caching issue..

Via the native player it's ok.

Anyone not the same issue?

18. dorol

dorol Member

Black fades that occurs in some movies are related to rockchip codec/video acceleration. After i disabled it, no more black fades.
    Maybe is better to return the box.
    Too bad...

19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

What happened?

20. dorol

dorol Member

Now its ok.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.