New firmware v1.4.6 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jun 23, 2017.

1. darksider11

darksider11 Member

Some videos 16x9 still are played in 4x3 in Kodi are played correctly

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. ragico

ragico Member

"Can't play" flv files either in native player and in Zdmc internal player. Any solution for this?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  3. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I got "Unknown Audio Format" message.

4. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I have the same problem with this firmware as 1.4.4, any Network file with HD audio stutters and pauses, is there a way i can check the Network speed / cache with this firmware?
    If i return to 1.3.0 everything is fine, please advise this is very annoying.

5. drdwridav

drdwridav New Member

Also reporting the fact you can't pick a city in th weather app. I'm a newbie as only got the box at the weekend, so wasn't sure if it was an issue just related to latest firmware

6. klaasbaaaas

klaasbaaaas New Member

Anybody find out yet how to upgrade van ZDMC 16.4 to ZDMC 17.1 without deleting 16.4 first?

7. I'm not going to change version until it officially leaves, I'll stay in 1.4.4 because in my equimant it works for what I need

Waiting for the official version

8. thewonderer

thewonderer New Member

Sad to see this new update is causing problems like bricking for some people. Will give this a go when my wife gives me this as my birthday present.

A suggestion to Zidoo tech. Could you release an app that can be installed or even part of the future firmware updates which can collect all the settings and logs from the x9s/x10 and send them off to Zidoo or to a USB stick for diagnoses. Am sure this would help a lot with pin pointing where the bugs are coming from.

boblo likes this.
  9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I hunk there is a problem in your settings. In half a year I never seen a movie 16x9 plays at 4x3. And I test all firmwares.

10. darksider11

darksider11 Member

If you have the opportunity to test the video "Heaven & Hell 30 Years - Neon Nights" in VOB format, you will see, unless this happens only to me, Tukker, a member of the forum also complains about the same, Tukker, a member of the forum also complains about the same, I think this only happens in videos in the DVD format

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

DVD as in .iso ?

darksider11 likes this.
  12. darksider11

darksider11 Member

no, ifo or vob

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

can only find flac's of it.

darksider11 likes this.
  14. darksider11

darksider11 Member

Forget it, is not important

15. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Yes. The exact wording is "Unknown Audio Format".

16. Tukker

Tukker Member

Correct, it happens with dvd format (mpeg2) mostly in resolution 720. Converting same video in 1024 and its ok. (dvdfab)

darksider11 likes this.
  17. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

I guess that most people visit forums when they encounter problems and need help, so most posts centre on negative aspects.

I have encountered many problems over the year (started my journey way back with the first generation WD units) and learn a lot from forums - "So Thank you to all the posters especially those that offer help and advice".

My view on the two Zidoo units I have (x9s & x8) - best investment I have ever made, for the price of a hand full of CDs or DVDs you get access to unlimited entertainment.

The latest firmware may still have a few issues BUT does not diminish from a great product with good ongoing support.
    "Well done developers".

Martyprod and Rumootje like this.
  18. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I watched a mkv movie with 720 x 5xx resolution. It displayed as 4:3 as well.

19. tosh123

tosh123 Member

720x5xx *IS* 4:3 and have to played as 4:3.

On DVD files, VOB-files, there is a widescreenflag to set (relict from anamorphic video times via DVD) to strech the video to 1024x5xx for 16:9.
    Maybe the Zidoo player ignores the widescreen flag for an anamorphic video on VOB files or the transfer to MKV have not set the proper aspect ratio.

20. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I used MediaInfo to check the file. It says 16:9 ratio. Probably the people who was remuxing the file, made a mistake.