New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. petru

petru New Member

Since the last update, I have the following problem: I cannot select songs from the original eversolo app. It only works from Tidal. If I try from the original application and select a song, it shows that it works, but nothing is heard in the speakers, after which the next song is automatically selected for a few seconds and so on.
    If I enter the native Tidal app, it works, but after every music session, it shows me after a few songs: server error. Then I disconnect it and reconnect it from the phone, reconnect and finally it works. What should it be????

2. cp11

cp11 New Member

I have a question: which connectors do you use to connect the DMPA6 to the amplifier?
    I tried RCA and SPDIF. The RCA output (at the same volume) seems to me to have a higher level, but also less "sweet" than SPDIF, which appears better with some songs. What are your
    Sorry for my English (I use Google Translator from Italian)

3. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

I am looking to buy one of these so how would i connect via usb audio out to my denon 8500ha? thanks.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  4. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

If you use SPDIF you are using the DAC in your amp, which is most likely inferior to the DAC in the DMP-A6.
    When you use RCA the DAC in the DMP-A6 is used. Set volume to fixed and connect to the line level inputs on your amp.

5. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

I would connect it via RCA to any line level Audio IN RCA Connectors (Tuner,CD....etc.)

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

DO NOT CROSS-POST!

7. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

There are many ways to connect your DMP-A6 to your Denon receiver, however to realise the full potential of playing back the many different audio formats the DMP-A6 is capable of I recommend you connect your DMP-A6 to your Denon 8500HA via HDMI. This way you can playback all the digital audio formats such as PCM stereo, PCM multichannel, DSD64 stereo, DSD64 multichannel and DTS via a single connection.
    I don't recommend using one of the analogue inputs on your receiver because your music will then be undergoing digital to analogue decoding in your DMP-A6 then analogue to digital encoding then digital back to analogue decoding in your Denon receiver. Too many conversions which will add unwanted noise and quantizing distortion to your music. I use the HDMI connection on my Denon 3800H with very satisfying results with my DMP-A6. :) There is no advantage using the USB input on your Denon receiver for this purpose.

8. petru

petru New Member

Since the last update, I have the following problem: I cannot select songs from the original eversolo app. It only works from Tidal. If I try from the original application and select a song, it shows that it works, but nothing is heard in the speakers, after which the next song is automatically selected for a few seconds and so on.
    If I enter the native Tidal app, it works, but after every music session, it shows me after a few songs: server error. Then I disconnect it and reconnect it from the phone, reconnect and finally it works. What should it be????

9. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Huge thanks for the advice. From what i read using the USB Audio Out would give the best results for the highest bitrate. Now i need to buy a good quality 0.5m hdmi cable.

GeNeRiKz likes this.
  10. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

The DENON XA8550HA uses an army of 8 x 2ch AKM AK4490EQ 32-bit 768kHz/DSD256 DACs.
    • DSD Audio Capability: Yes
    DENON website specs won't provide the max audio input freq., tell us what you get from the DMP-A6 when plugged!

11. Alan Rutlidge

It's only carrying audio data. There's no need to go overboard on price or presumed "quality". I've tried several different HDMI cables from quite expensive to relatively inexpensive and I personally heard no audible difference, however I'm sure there will be plenty who will have a differing opinion and will no doubt make recommendations.

Whilst the DMP-A6 is capable of a wide variety of bitrates and bit depths, the USB input on the Denon AVR-X8500HA is restricted to stereo (2ch) operation and PCM bitrates of a maximum 192kbs/s and DSD 2.8 / 5.6MHz and only from storage media formatted to FAT32 or exFAT. Connecting the USB output of your DMP-A6 to your Denon won't work according to the user manual which states -
    "iOS and Android devices are not recognized. The USB port of this unit does not support playback from iOS and Android devices." therefore connection via HDMI is most likely to be your best and most versatile option.

JtagPabb1e and octavius like this.
  12. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

I would recommend a HDMI 2.x certified cable for HDMI 2.x connectors, but nothing "audiophile", just a good quality one.
    Using HDMI 1.4 cables created some sync issues before (upgrading from OPPO BDP-105 to UDP-205).
    I kept the same cables but ended up using the one provided with the 205 to stabilize the HDMI syncs.

Am I missing something obvious? I can't find a USB Audio input on this AVR.
    It would be square in shape to guarantee it will only be used as a slave device.

JtagPabb1e likes this.
  13. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Afaik, the X8500AH does not have an USB Audio IN. If he had one it would be called USB-B. The USB-A Connector on the X8500AH is for DC 1.5A 5V.

JtagPabb1e likes this.
  14. Alan Rutlidge

According to the online web manual and the user manual PDF the AVR-X8500HA does have two USB sockets. One is located behind the front drop down panel next to a HDMI port. The port is capable of supplying 5v at up to a maximum of 1.5A to power external storage devices such as USB HDD and USB memory sticks. Pages 95 and 107 describe the use of this port. There is an additional USB port on the rear of the receiver, however this is a power only port providing 5v at up to 1.5A presumably to power HDMI wi-fi devices etc.

Attached Files:

15. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

The X8500HA does not have an USB Audio IN.
    You are talking about USB Ports to connect mass-storage devices, i'm talking about asynchronous audio data transfer, a so called frame, sent every millisecond, theoretically at 1khz timed by the clock. This frequency can undergo slight fluctuations, which are called jitter.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  16. Alan Rutlidge

Where did I refer to the USB ports on the Denon AVR-X8500HA as USB Audio inputs? I didn't. This is exactly what I wrote :-

"Whilst the DMP-A6 is capable of a wide variety of bitrates and bit depths, the USB input on the Denon AVR-X8500HA is restricted to stereo (2ch) operation and PCM bitrates of a maximum 192kbs/s and DSD 2.8 / 5.6MHz and only from storage media formatted to FAT32 or exFAT. Connecting the USB output of your DMP-A6 to your Denon won't work according to the user manual which states -
    "iOS and Android devices are not recognized. The USB port of this unit does not support playback from iOS and Android devices." therefore connection via HDMI is most likely to be your best and most versatile option."

"According to the online web manual and the user manual PDF the AVR-X8500HA does have two USB sockets. One is located behind the front drop down panel next to a HDMI port. The port is capable of supplying 5v at up to a maximum of 1.5A to power external storage devices such as USB HDD and USB memory sticks. Pages 95 and 107 describe the use of this port. There is an additional USB port on the rear of the receiver, however this is a power only port providing 5v at up to 1.5A presumably to power HDMI wi-fi devices etc."

If you are going to crap on at least exercise some forum etiquette by taking the time to read a contributor's post before misquoting them. I never said that the AVR-X8500HA had an audio USB input, all I did was quote the supported bitrates from files stored on supported media which are almost verbatim from the Denon user manual for the AVR-X8500HA.

17. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Maybe you should take the time to recollect your own messages.

Nutul likes this.
  18. Alan Rutlidge

I did. Obviously you have trouble reading. Is English your second, third or possibly forth language? It would be your only feeble excuse for getting it wrong again, otherwise you're just being a Richard Cranium. :p

19. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Where did i get it wrong?
    That is exactly what you wrote.

Is this your understanding of forum etiquette, insulting members?

20. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Fourth, not forth. You can't even spell your mother tongue correctly.