Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Here is a comparison video of the upscaling of the z9x pro, the shield, the dune hd 4k pro and the Amazon fire cube

KJC likes this.
  2. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Not sure what they are on about, but the Z9X Pro upscale is bad compared to the LG C2 upscale. The image is clearer, more detailed, for anime the contour lines are well defined, while from the Z9X Pro everything is soft and fuzzy, like it's just stretched out.

KJC likes this.
  3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

to be fair thou , you are comparing the upscaling of a 500 NZD device vs a 3-5000 NZD device

The TVs should ALWAYS be better (unless your playing stuff on the cheap 500-1000 NZD tvs )

4. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Yeah, but that device has the job only to do media and to do it properly, the TV has to do many more things. Also, the biggest part of the TV's price is the panel, not the processor.

supermood and KJC like this.
  5. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

i agree with you. same with me

KJC likes this.
  6. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

There is a bit glitch every 10 to 20 second which is not noticeable. i reset Zidoo and instead of going on expert mood i choose wizard after factory reset. So all u have to do your sound setting according to your requirement. I did not touch any resolution and keep framrate off. So, It does for me . It is quite near to my TV upscaling or player quality after doing that. I have issue Whether my picture quality is too soft with out details or too much jitters and loosing color around the objects in pictures. its kinda annoying .
    There are quite many issues in zidoo. It is not as they have advertised.
    I do not have such issues in nvidia shield 2017. I wonder if any one has tried Dune player

7. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

I just pushed a new version of the ZidooPlexMod that actually has an option to use better image resolution on thumbnails/posters. Not sure if that helps you at all but thought I'd point it out. The problem with the native plex player is that it's not tested by Plex for Zidoo devices so it can break at any point. Not to mention it doesn't take advantage of the zidoo hardware.

8. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

This. I just mentioned above, if you do not have the frames matching active, you will have issues if you send 60hz signal when you play 23hz content.

9. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Many thanks, will give it a try later on. For PlexToZidoo issues, I can address them with you also? Where can I post them? :D I have a weird thing with the path replace, which works for most movies, but for some reason for the three Fate movies that I have, it won't replace it and I get the standard error.

Regarding the native Plex, I thought that it was working on non-Pro Z9X.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

You really should a) make sure you are running the latest beta and b) follow to set up instructions in the first post here http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...r-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/.

Otherwise you won't get the best from your Zidoo.

xskip likes this.
  11. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Exac
    exactly
    But
    its quite opposite and weird. I have smooth play back with 60hz. I understand that it supposed to be 24 hz. but once i touch framerate.(select 23 or 24 and back to 60) all plays same. It does not work after i put back to 60hz. Then i would have to do factory reset.

12. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Not sure on what else you have setup on the TV also. Sony is usually picky with a lot of their compatibility. Took them years and they still can't figure out DV properly, their players can't even recognize DV automatically from disks. It's not for nothing that they are at the bottom of TV sales compared to even LG.

Sorry. As I do not know the TV, I cannot guide you further. I have no issues and I'm sure many others that have Sony TVs too don't face this issue. Or maybe you just got a faulty Zidoo, who knows.

13. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

You can ask questions about Plex in the PlexToZidoo thread here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...yer-for-plex-using-native-zidoo-player.94714/. For your path replace problems you'll need to post the PlexToZidoo debug screen as well as a screen shot of the path listed in the media center app when you navigate to that same movie.

The native Plex app with PlexToZidoo should work on the non-pro line, it was the last time I checked anyway. But the native Plex app with the internal player does have problems at times and could fully break at any point since Plex doesn't support the zidoo hardware. Since this forum is for the pro line your only option for Plex is to use the ZidooPlexMod as the client if you want to use the native zidoo player.

14. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    I just did this Factory reset after turned on HDCP and select 3840 x 2160 @ 24hz in the android settings then turned on the developer mode and just selected the framerate in zidoo settings. This setting really upscaled 1080P may be it can help you.

15. KJC

KJC Member

Agree! Even my Z9X pro stutter(not the movie but the OS) a lot when played DV or HDR content. With 3D content it will stutter like hell. Zidoo must incorporate a powerful processor to handle high bit rate content.
    I've always been disappointed with Z9X pro's upscaling and limited file format support (Cant play .mov files correctly). The Realtek processor they're using, they haven't released much of specs. Surely its not powerful enough to process higher bit rate content. Zidoo can do 4K 30 FPS content above 300 mbps but can not handle 4K 60 FPS content above 100mbps in my knowledge.

My LG OLED does job playing such formats. As a media player Zidoo is expected to support various file formats.

16. KJC

KJC Member

Agree! Zidoo as a media player must outperform TVs picture processing but unfortunately its not even doing as good as TV.
    Can we expect Z9X pro to improve in future with updates?
    I'm strongly thinking about selling mine....

supermood and GrabbenD like this.
  17. KJC

KJC Member

Being android box Z9X pro should have supported "Voice search option" or at least "QWERTY" pad backside of remote.
    The curser option is extremely annoying and completely useless.
    There is also no option such as "Super Resolution" or "Edge enhancer" to improve upscaling.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  18. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

I have the same Tidal startup problem.
    But actually there is the workaround different than re-installation of the app... Looks like the problem is with the "shortcut" as created by Ziddo at Applications after the app is installed via Google Play.

The workaround to correctly start Tidal is to always start the app from Google Play store level:
    1. Open Google Play store
    2. Enter your account at the right top corner
    3. Enter Manage applications and games
    4. Enter At this device
    5. Enter Tidal icon - the application's play store page opens.
    6. Open Tidal from this level.

Very annoying but at least you do not have to reinstall and login to Tidal each and every time after reinstallation.

19. 9800pro

9800pro New Member

Or maybe try another launcher that will enable all shortcuts...

20. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Good thinking. Which one do you suggest?