EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Maxlam

Maxlam New Member

Hi Mark

Thanks.
    Well, currently I am not using any specific EDID. I just would like to get one working, taking the bandwidth limitation of the 5040ub into account.
    I've seen you helped some users with posting files on MegaUpload

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No problem - post your EDID with the Zidoo connected as you normally use it and I can add LLDV.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

3. Maxlam

Maxlam New Member

Thanks.
    I will do it as soon as possible.

4. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I tried to read and understand the whole topic but it did not work.
    I do not know which file I have to use for my Samsung 77S90C. It has HDR, HDR+ and HLG and as you know Samsung does not support Dolby Vision. If I am right, in such cases I have to use a custom EDID.
    So my question is, which one would be the correct one?

5. Markswift2003

The only way to use Dolby Vision with a Samsung display is to use an HDFury device (Vertex 2 or above) to spoof HDR10 while outputting LLDV - if that doesn't make sense my advice is leave well alone and just be happy with HDR10 and HDR10+.

At this point they are way more desirable than Dolby Vision.

6. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

And what happens when I start a Dolby Vision movie without Vertex 2?

7. Maxlam

Maxlam New Member

This is the result of the download as per your instruction

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  8. Markswift2003

Your Samsung won't know what to do with it unless you can manually trigger HDR10 in BT.2020, so it'll stay in Rec.709 and the image will be as dull as ditch water.

If you want to try it and see what I mean, use the second one down on the front page.

9. Markswift2003

This is it with BT.2020 LLDV added... rename back to .bin

Attached Files:

10. Maxlam

Maxlam New Member

Many thanks !
    I will give it a try asap.

Another interrogation I've got is regarding the use of another display device connected to the amp and the Zidoo. Depending on the time of day I would use my other projector.
    Would I have each time to restart and set the default EDID to get it work ?
    The other device has got the full HDMI bandwidth and also can deal with HDR10.

11. Markswift2003

Probably yes - the EDID will be different, but it depends how you set them up. Try it.

12. lumich1971

lumich1971 New Member

Hi Mark,
    could you delete only the DV for my Sony TV (A95L) from the EDID? The DV for this TV needs to be fixed by Sony, until this happens I only want to use HDR10.
    Thank you in advantage

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  13. Markswift2003

Done.

What's up with DV in the Sony?

Attached Files:

destroyer2usa likes this.
  14. lumich1971

lumich1971 New Member

Thanks for the EDID.
    The EOTF in Dolby Vision Dark is too bright and there are some problems with color banding in low luminance scenes.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. destroyer2usa

destroyer2usa New Member

Many thanks for this, I also have a95l and also want to be able to disable Dolbyvision temporarily.

16. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

My LG OLED BX has it's own issues with DV too, and @Markswift2003 was kind enough to strip out the DV block from my EDID....as they say, the grass is never greener, it's just different...

Oh, and did I mention. DV sucks?....:)

17. Markswift2003

A year or so ago I might have taken issue with this (nicely of course!!) but hell, yeah, DV now sucks big time!

Reminiscent somewhat of when Lucasfilm sold THX and it went from hero to zero overnight...

Dolby have taken rather longer to screw it all up into an inconsistent ball of steaming crap*, but at least they've managed it all on their own!!!

* that might be a tad unfair ;)

Oldpainless likes this.
  18. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

19. Maxlam

Maxlam New Member

Hi
    I've tried the file and I cannot get it to work.
    Whenever I select LLDV, the picture cannot be displayed. Do your file limit the bandwidth according to the 5040ub limitation for HDMI ?
    Do I have to change any other option, like disabling Deep color (but the display option for LLDV specifically specifies that it has to be on?

Many thanks for your help

20. Markswift2003

That's interesting - on closer inspection, that EDID you posted does not actually limit bandwidth - it has the full 600MHz bandwidth of HDMI2. I guess it must be the Denon adding that in because the Epson EDID on its own is restricted to 300MHz.

This wouldn't normally represent a problem, but with LLDV, if you set the resolution to 4K60, the output is 12-bit 4:2:2 which is the full 600MHz which the Epson can't handle.

Try this one instead, it's set to 300MHz so will limit the resolution to either 4K30 or 1080p60 for 12-bit 4:2:2 LLDV but includes full audio.

Attached Files: