Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. geebolt

geebolt Member

USB out to a Topping E50 will never play multichannel. HDMI out should but doesn't.

2. BdoUK

BdoUK New Member

I understand that Zidoo is still squashing a number of bugs with the new lineup but those that made the jump from the Z9X to the Z9X Pro, what appreciable differences are you seeing? Any quality of life improvements that are noticeable yet as the firmware has matured?

3. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Only regrets here. I had a usable device when I had my z9x. Due to stuttering and the previous SMB issues, I've yet to actually use my z9x pro since I bought it. Have been using my shield ever since.

"as the firmware has matured" -> lol it has not matured. This thing is still a beta box through and through.

chrisolson91, Six66Mike and supermood like this.
  4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

USB Audio is a 2 Ch system only
    Zidoo models convert 5.1 DSD to 5.1 176khz pcm via HDMI

Sadly got to spend like 1500 NZD to get eversolo A6 to play 5.1 DSD over HDMI

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

That seems hit and miss
    For most of us the new Model (z9X to Z9X Pro here) has had no stutter issues at all with better image quality

Only issues ive had is the occassional loss of EDID to say 1080p auto HDR or even a black screen cos ress changed to one out of TV range
    Known issue theyre working on and is minor once you know it
    And they still havent fixed MCH SACD playback thou the 2 ch its defaulting to atm is now stable ( for .dsf files not for Iso in MCH playback over HDMI...seems ok down channeled to 2ch over usb audio but breaks up over hdmi )

sandyj likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I like that phrase - "it is what it is".

A lot of people don't get that and don't approach things pragmatically - these devices are what they are, and for what they are, they're amazing.

There really aren't the traditional Alpha, Beta and Release phases here - it's internal Betas and Public Betas and that's kind of it with the odd sideways "Release" version - as I say, they are continually developed until something new and shiny happens, and then we move.

It is what it is ;)

Thomas H likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

I finally promoted a Z9X Pro to my cinema last week, and I have to tell you that's saying something.

Years ago I had a Shield in there and it let me down in one single demo to an important guy from the BBC. The next day it was relegated from all local streaming and used only for Netflix. The Z9S followed a Dune, then the Z9X after that and they have performed admirably.

Now I'm ready for the Pro and so far so good - I'm on v1.0.58 in there at the moment - I had some issues after v1.0.61 so will test .65 some before I upgrade that box, but again, so far so good.

But we're getting there.

Six66Mike likes this.
  8. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi

I think this is called colour banding?

it's a 10 gig 4k50hz non hdr episode of 40 minutes so that shouldn't happen?

I'm anyway wondering why I cannot maintain 4:4:4 10bit with 4k50hz as this is even hdmi 2.0a standard? Was working with the shield if I remember correctly. my receiver and oled are also on hdmi 2.1 like the z9x pro should be?

maybe that would solve that problem? now I'm running on 4:2:2 10 bit for 50hz. should I change to 4:2:0?

any suggestions? many thanks!!

Attached Files:

McBluna likes this.
  9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

why would you need to set it at 4k 50hz ?
    vast majority of 4k stuff is 4k 23.9hz ie recommendation thread suggests to set as 4k 23

banding could be due to way file was created ?
    ie lot of older sdr stuff upscaled to 4k would show a lot more banding etc due to lack of data

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  10. supermood

supermood Active Member

I'm watching always original sampling rate, so yes basically always with 23hz of course. but this is 50hz I think from BBC or sky UK not 100% sure.

file is 1 year old and originally 4k not upscaled. but maybe not perfect I don't know. first time I see something with 50hz otherwise I wouldn't have realized the 422 topic

anyway. colour banding sucks and 444 should be possible with 50hz this is old standard and the device has even 2.1

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i did a quick google and seems a lot of youtube 4k vids are 4k 50
    if thats the source ,then all the compression that youtube puts in would probably be the cause of the banding

12. supermood

supermood Active Member

oh my I don't even know YouTube would never...

as written a 10 gig file for a 45min episode. on my nas. origin is sky UK via web..

it's the first time I have banding with the z9x pro so maybe all will be good tomorrow and it never comes back...

13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Dolby Vision Profile 8 MKV won't play on my non-Dolby Vision Samsung OLED. The sound works, but no picture, it's completely black

14. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 New Member

Is this something I would generally want or need?

Are there any good apps that work on the Z9X Pro?

15. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

Hi,

following this topic I would appreciate to know, more or less, when I will get this new release including G functionality for Z20 Pro. This is because I use G version and my idea is to keep that. The only thing I need for now is SMB issue fixed.
    What are your experiences in that case? Is finally SMB working fine with internal HDD discs on Z20 Pro?

thanks

16. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Since it's Android TV the store is limited

17. Markswift2003

That's just a badly encoded file.

4K content is generally encoded in 10-bit 4:2:0 so the ideal HDMI mode is the same. However, 4:2:0 is not a legal mode at 23~30Hz so 10-bit 4:4:4 should be used instead.

For 50~60Hz content, 10-bit 4:2:0 is a legal mode so that should be used. 4:4:4 is only legal at 8-bit for 4K50~60.

You can use 4:2:2 in both cases, but that requires 12-bit, does not give any benefit in image quality and needs full chat 594Mhz at 4K50~60 whereas 4:2:0 only requires 371MHz.

12-bit 4:2:2 at 4K23~30 is of benefit to HDMI 1.4 users because it's the only mode that allows a full 10-bit signal to pass in 4K over HDMI 1.4.

supermood likes this.
  18. vddan

vddan Active Member

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

myself and others have said in here ,they feel theres an improved picture going from say Z9X to Z9X Pro

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

On what criteria exactly!
    Thanks in advance