Beta version v6.4.60 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Fine, if you only want to see one particular film. But if you're browsing through your collection and don't know what you want to see yet? Then a trailer to remind you is not bad. Especially if you have to go through menus and warnings for 5 minutes each time and then decide to watch a different film.

2. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

My wife says she is going to slap me if we have to watch trailers for 30 minutes before watching a movie, At that time, the dog has to pee ( 15 years old) I have to pee ( 48 years old) one of us has a headache from scrolling through endless movies and watching too many trailers and we end up watching something stupid not on zidoo. Somewhere between we have to brush our teeth, take our pills, and and get hungry for a snack. Sometimes after 3-4 trailers we our out of the mood of watching a movie, and go back to something on the dvr. Trailers can be overwhelming at times as well. Its nice to have them, but no they do not require very much effort at all, Its automated for from a docker container attached and accessing the arrs api for movies.

crutzulee, xskip and Markswift2003 like this.
  3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I process the soundtrack of all my trailers for movies so they don’t interrupt real humans chatting. I pop them through a low pass filter to muffle them a bit. Edit off the classification stuff at the beginning and shorten the length.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Could we have some comments on this FW? How good it is and what if fixes or what it doesn't.
    Thus far it looks a lot more stable to me but that is a limited experience.

JohnG and rozel like this.
  5. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Did the update, but noticed nothing special in the HT section? Everything what worked works, iptv works, Since my home network is running adblock on a router level, some domains are blocked ( for example lots of android tracking stuff ) so some things do not work..( i think the location, weather part )
    But the rest seems fine?

JohnG, Onwrathz and Nice Monkey like this.
  6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

dont use HT so havent noticed any changes yet cept clock popup

least its stable

one minor thing i noticed playing Iso of Serpico image
    got to like 15 mins to go and had to pause it and shut down theatre cos diner was ready
    when i restarted everything and hit continue to watch last 15 mins , every 5 secs or so it would do a minor freeze. pausing /restarting didnt fix the issue but i right arrowed ahead 10 secs or so and it all carried on smooth as from then on til end
    not a major issue since id rarely not finish a movie part way thru , normally ,so would never have seen this behaviour before

darkeyes909 likes this.
  7. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Same. Using @andy22 Jellyfin client without any issues. I disabled the time popup almost immediately. I found it to be unnecessary & a little distracting.
    One thing I have noticed is that if I bring up 'Info' during playback, it will repeatedly reopen at random intervals by itself. Once I've closed it a few times the behaviour stops. I initially thought it might've been a faulty button on my Harmony IR remote that was triggering it, but I ruled it out when the behaviour continued while the remote was tucked away out of sight.

darkeyes909, Six66Mike and giorgi like this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Takes maybe a minute. Literally no effort whatsoever.

Admittedly if you have to update a whole library it's a fair bit of work, but once that's done, the ongoing effort isn't even worth commenting on.

9. thivame

thivame Active Member

Personally, I was a fan of online trailers and now I only work with local trailers. (with a small program it goes pretty fast), plus the automatic launch when you are on the poster is fast and nice.
    However, being a local user of zidoo (no NAS, no PLEX or other) I have the impression that apart from a few not very useful things (nice: yes, useful: not too much) like the clock, there is not much improved (even the bugs of the clock) while there were bugs to be fixed and functions to be implemented.
    A big black point: when we scratch a movie or a series with tmdb or other and the info was not available, when it becomes available it is impossible to overwrite the empty screen to replace it and I find this very unfortunate.
    Why is it not possible to separate movies and series in the "not watched" category?
    I don't understand this logic of adding functions that are buggy and don't take into account the rest, I had two black screens in a few minutes while browsing between several movie posters.... or I didn't pay attention because personally I don't see any difference with the old FW.

vddan likes this.
  10. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I think that's your problem, too long trailers. I won't watch one that runs 30 minutes either.
    I watch trailers that only run a few minutes. If I've already seen the film, then only a few seconds is enough for me to remember the film.

11. Markswift2003

Nice.

12. Markswift2003

Hilarious!

13. Markswift2003

Sorry - missed this...

It's added to the options for scanning on the Sources page.

The main setting in preferences will set all sources the same and then you can set NFO priority per source when you scan if you want to.

upload_2023-4-17_12-11-13.png

14. Markswift2003

9. Added function to refresh metadata for movies and seasons

upload_2023-4-17_12-19-23.png

Only works for online scrapes though, not NFOs.

crutzulee and JohnG like this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I was round at my son's house yesterday installing a previously owned media player and the whole question of film trailers came up. Not sure what you call them, but we all agreed though that the seemingly endless company logos/introductions are just getting out of hand at the start of a film. As far as trailers are concerned they're not for us as we know beforehand what we want to play and cannot understand the need for them. Are some members saying their libraries are so large, they cannot remember what they ripped? Do they not just simply use the film player? As I have mentioned before, I can't get my head round the need for HT4 at all, nevermind the endless, and I really mean endless posts about it.

Or is it just me? The "info" button can be your best friend :)

Edworld and Six66Mike like this.
  16. Markswift2003

Think it's just you :D

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Please explain why

18. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I just use the movie description as a reminder if I forget why something is in the library and if I want to watch it. I can't be bothered with trailers, especially those which show the best parts of a film or give spoilers away.

rozel and B0RN like this.
  19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

This includes a refresh of the plots, the background images for the episodes of a TV show and the cast?

20. Markswift2003

Yes, but only if something has changed.