Zidoo UHD3000 HDMI audio not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alfaprimo, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

Hello everyone, I just bought a used Zidoo UHD3000. Unfortunately HDMI audio doesn't work, no sound. I tried reinstalling the software by flashing and updating to the latest software version, to no avail. I need to use HDMI audio as my Cambridge audio CXR200 amplifier does not handle HDR. Do you know how to solve? Could it be a software problem? Hardware? Thanks to anyone who can help me.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

3. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

yes the connections are HDMI main, to the TV and HDMI audio, to the amplifier. on the menu of Zidoo, HDMI output main vice Port separated in mode, but the audio does not reach the amplifier

4. Nice Monkey

You tried other HDMI audio settings? All should give audio via the second port.
    Tried swapping the cables? Tried connecting it to the TV as it should produce sound then too.

5. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Sometimes it helps to disconnect the AVR from the mains once.

6. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

hello, yes I tried to change the HDMI cable, change the HDMI audio settings, the HDMI audio port does not work, the main one does

7. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

i also own a zidoo uhd2000 i know the menus and settings, i thought there was something different to do for the uhd3000

8. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

I also cut power to the Cambridge amplifier, no results

9. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

As @Nice Monkey has already written, you connect HDMI audio to the TV, a blue screen appears, you can operate the player via the app and start a film, then the sound still has to arrive at the TV. When HDMI audio works.

10. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

buongiorno, ho effettuato il test collegando l'audio HDMI alla TV, l'audio si sente. perchè non lo senti con l'amplificatore? collegando lo Zidoo uhd2000 tutto funziona perfettamente, con gli stessi cavi e le stesse impostazioni. l'amplificatore funziona perfettamente, ho anche provato a cambiare l'ingresso sull'amplificatore senza alcun risultato. chiedo aiuto!

11. Nice Monkey

OK so the port is not defective. Could be a matter of EDID's.
    I suggest to grab the various EDID's and ask Mark for help in that track.

12. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

Thanks, how can I contact Mark?

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't think so, but if the OP wants to post their EDID
    Just as a test, what happens if you set the audio to LPCM?

14. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

I set from Audio/ Audio HDMI LPCM 2ch and nothing is heard. No Signal appears on the amplifier display. if I set RAW no Audio but the Dolby decoding signal appears intermittently on the amplifier display

15. Markswift2003

Very odd - you say you have UHD2000 also - what happens if you connect that?

16. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

funziona perfettamente, nessun problema, collegato UHD3000 con gli stessi cavi HDMI allo stesso ingresso sull'amplificatore e nessun audio. prima mi hanno scritto che potrebbe essere un problema di EDID, cosa posso modificare nelle impostazioni?

17. Markswift2003

I don't think it's an EDID issue - that would only be a possible explanation if the amp didn't support the audio codecs that the TV does, but your amp seems to support all the required codecs.

I'm struggling to think of a reason for this - particularly because LPCM doesn't work and because Dolby codecs cause the amp to show it intermittently on the display. That would suggest a lack of HDMI sync on the audio port.

Let me check the EDID - can you download and post it here.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

18. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

������M� � ��Qx
    ɠWG�' HL! ����qO� :� q8-@X,E�)S rQ� n(U�)S �SONY TV *02
    �0> F<
    � `�[a`]^_b "<> ef)
    P= �� x !�</Њ @ �������g�]� x� ��� � � �
    � q X,%�)S�Q

19. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member